Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 26th November 2016, 11:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snix View Post
there was a time where you vowed to never a dark souls
I had been playing it like Elder Scrolls. Bloodborne taught me how to play right.

Old 27th November 2016, 02:01 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
30+ hours into Pokemon Sun, and only just finished the second Island. This has so far been my favourite Pokemon in years, mainly because not too much was spoiled for me before hand. I really wish they wouldn't have shown so many Alolan variants and Pokemon before the release of the games though, as that's the funnest part. Especially the starters.

Old 5th December 2016, 07:28 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Too many damn games...

Titanfall 2

I think unquestionably my favorite shooter multiplayer in the last couple years. (Sorry Halo 5 and Overwatch.) Each match is engaging and fun, and I don't know if I'll ever get sick of the movement options in this game. The Bounty Hunt and Last Titan Standing modes are really unique, and this is maybe the only multiplayer FPS where I don't mind playing objective modes. The unlock progression is also quite engaging. This will be my "play a match or two a night" game for quite awhile.

DOOM (2016)

Managed to pick this up on PC for a paltry $14 on Black Friday, and finally got around to playing through the first level. I've really loved what I've played so far, and I am looking for my next single player campaign and this will certainly be it. There's a fluidity and thoughtfulness all over this game, and I'll be digging in deeper in the next few weeks.

Planet Coaster

Those that know me know that I am a massive fan of roller coasters and theme parks. As you might expect, that transfers over to a love of coaster games including Roller Coaster Tycoon and the more obscure and terrible NoLimits and Ultimate Ride. Planet Coaster though can best be described as the "Cities: Skylines" of theme park simulation games. I've already poured about ten hours into the game, and I'm hard pressed to think of improvements. This will be an all-timer for me when it's all said and done.

Old 5th December 2016, 11:49 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Replaying Kingdom Hearts II on Critical Mode. Makes it a lot more like your typical Japanese action game, albeit with RPG stats still having a huge effect on battles. People complained about the game being a "press X to win" affair but I always saw the combat as being much more nuanced than that if you were willing to dig deeper. Critical Mode really writes that home. Feels almost like I'm playing Devil May Cry.

Old 6th December 2016, 01:48 AM
Brash Breegull

You're Appreciated! RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
katamari damacy is my shiiiiiiiiiit

Old 6th December 2016, 07:56 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
Replaying Kingdom Hearts II on Critical Mode. Makes it a lot more like your typical Japanese action game, albeit with RPG stats still having a huge effect on battles. People complained about the game being a "press X to win" affair but I always saw the combat as being much more nuanced than that if you were willing to dig deeper. Critical Mode really writes that home. Feels almost like I'm playing Devil May Cry.
I remember Devil May Cry world from KHII.

Old 11th December 2016, 04:29 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
i love trico. bless trico.

Old 11th December 2016, 05:45 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I heard he's an asshole but I guess it all depends how you train your chicken bird dog

Old 11th December 2016, 05:45 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines is pretty good but i still haven't gotten to the part where you unlock the ability to transform every object in the skyeline hotel into a chair

Old 11th December 2016, 05:15 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines is pretty good but i still haven't gotten to the part where you unlock the ability to transform every object in the skyeline hotel into a chair
Excellent choice, it also being my favorite game of all time. What clan did you end up going with?

Old 11th December 2016, 06:35 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

bruja, but i still ended up stealthing a lot of stuff. i'm around the end of the game now, i have to rescue johansen

Old 11th December 2016, 07:22 PM

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I played Brujah on my first run as well and also ended up stealthing just about every mission. I tried to go for firearms for a while but realized the FPS mechanics in that game are not so good so I ended up going melee and while still not the greatest it was a lot more enjoyable to play with. Definitely go for a Malk or Nosferatu on your second run, the little twists on the normal conventions of the game are a lot of fun.

Also glad to hear you made it through the sewers/warrens without instantly uninstalling the game. A lot of people complain about it but I don't find it too bad tbh but then again I apparently have a lot more patience for bad game mechanics than most people, hence why I love such buggy/dated games like Bloodlines and the first Witcher.

Last edited by DarthConker; 11th December 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Old 11th December 2016, 08:04 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i'm in the apartments now and yeah i never really noticed before how much the shooting is not good

Old 12th December 2016, 04:03 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

just beat bloodlines. it was pretty good, but i think there was a huuuuuuuge drop off in quality starting with the sewers that it never really recovered from. it still managed to have some good bits in chinatown, but once you enter into the finale i felt like it really, really fell apart, they just start tossing more and more stuff at you that's clearly suited to pure action and stealth just sort of serves to hilariously break it, especially the apartments, and dialog and hacking skills become pretty much worthless. choosing to let lacroix open the sarcophagus in the anarch ending was pretty hilarious, though, if weirdly abrupt afterward

Old 12th December 2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
just beat bloodlines. it was pretty good, but i think there was a huuuuuuuge drop off in quality starting with the sewers that it never really recovered from. it still managed to have some good bits in chinatown, but once you enter into the finale i felt like it really, really fell apart, they just start tossing more and more stuff at you that's clearly suited to pure action and stealth just sort of serves to hilariously break it, especially the apartments, and dialog and hacking skills become pretty much worthless. choosing to let lacroix open the sarcophagus in the anarch ending was pretty hilarious, though, if weirdly abrupt afterward
Yeah you can thank Activision for that one. Troika went out of business basically right when the game launched and they worked for a week after that (for no pay) just to put out one patch to make the game beatable. They were rushed the whole way and originally planned on having an extra hub world in addition to unique dialogue for every single clan. If you use the plus version of the unofficial patch I think it restores a few pieces of cut content including a library level.

User Tag List