Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 30th April 2008, 08:17 AM
Rare Employee

Total Awards: 2
Viva Piñata Mastery INFECTED - B1K1 
It's "Eng-er-land", fool. Have you never heard the terraces chanting?!

And to everyone asking for pre-announcement announcements, just chill. Something is coming soon but anyone expecting us to 1. give you a straight answer before then or 2. actually tell you what that something is therefore defeating the point of the actual announcement, will be disappointed as we're remaining tightlipped so the surprise isn't spoiled.

Compare this entire situation to Christmas, if we let you open your presents early you'd have nothing to open of the day itself and would have to sit around glumly whilst everyone else gleefully unwrapped their's, probably rubbing it in, too.

Now, no matter how many people respond with "I don't care, I'll happy ruin Chirstmas day for myself", I aim to be a strict parent and refuse to tell you where said presents are hidden... although I can't wait to see the look on your face when you actually do open them.

Last edited by BIGsheep; 30th April 2008 at 08:23 AM.

Old 30th April 2008, 08:44 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
^^^

Are you saying you actually know what's going to be announced on the 13th? I thought they didn't tell you anything over on the VP team!

Old 30th April 2008, 09:00 AM
Ex-Rare Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articerile View Post
Sorry but he can't tell you until May 13th.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSonic1234 View Post
So they'll tell us on May 13th if there'll be info on May 13th, but it'll already be May 13th, so we'll already know that there's info, so they won't have to tell us that there'll be info on May 13th?
Classic - made me chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggins View Post
GEORGE I know we are getting info "soon" and you can't reveal any specifics on Banjo But can you answer this

Banjo was not only known for its great gameplay but also its excellent graphics. When it came out on the N64 it simply blew other games out of the water in terms of graphics and detail. Is Banjo 3 going to keep its rep for great gpahics as well? Will it look better than Kameo? Just curious, at least that will wet my appetite and hold me over til the 13th!!
Banjo 3 is probably the best looking game Rare has ever made. I think it's fair to say that it's drop-dead gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLMrcs View Post
Taken from Rare's dictionary:
Soon - A term used to distract, tease, and annoy fans. Can refer to at the very least months, years, or a lifetime. Depending on how the person who uses it feels.
Cripes James, I think we've been rumbled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBoy123 View Post
George K... i have to ask you something... that may change your life for ever.... do you like crisps?
I bloody adore crisps - in fact you've just caught me polishing off a pack of Quavers and it's not even 10 AM!

Old 30th April 2008, 10:10 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
^

Why don't you just say it's the best looking game ever made? Then IGN and the like quote you and, voila, Banjo-Publicity-Man to the rescue!

Old 30th April 2008, 02:21 PM
Ex-Rare Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNoCrAt View Post
^

Why don't you just say it's the best looking game ever made? Then IGN and the like quote you and, voila, Banjo-Publicity-Man to the rescue!
I wuv woo guyz

Old 30th April 2008, 02:36 PM
New Member of the Year ('07 - '08)

Traditionally, nothing looks better than a Rare game. They simply set the standard.

However, that might seriously be saying something this generation.

On water effects. I remember one of the Kameo developers saying way back then that Kameo's water effects were more "mathematically correct" than Conker's. What do you have to say about BK3's water effects?

It's worth a shot.

Old 30th April 2008, 03:11 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
If I was to threaten the safety of the entire world's population with, say, a nuclear weapon, would you be able to tell us any info on the upcomming game before May 13th? Hypothetical question, of course.

Old 30th April 2008, 04:18 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerTribe View Post
Traditionally, nothing looks better than a Rare game. They simply set the standard.
From the very beginning, Rare has been a half a generation ahead of everyone else graphically.

Old 30th April 2008, 04:21 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by George K. View Post

Banjo 3 is probably the best looking game Rare has ever made. I think it's fair to say that it's drop-dead gorgeous.
Thank you so much George. That just made my day. May 13th can't come soon enough!

Old 30th April 2008, 04:36 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGsheep View Post
It's "Eng-er-land", fool. Have you never heard the terraces chanting?!
Over here in the SOUTH (Canadian south) we call your country Eng-ie-land. Don't you forget it, either, Eng-er-lish.

*Sits on a snow-covered rocking chair and plays his banjo*

Old 30th April 2008, 05:11 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
well I just marked the 13th on my calendar since tomorrow is the first of may. I'm the kind of person that likes to wait till Christmas to see what I get , so thanks for not blowing the surprise for those of us patiently waiting for the info. Rare is the best video game company around and the most tight lipped company in human history. the C.I.A isn't even close to rare when it comes to leaks. Rare should be in charge of the C.I.A here in the USA. We would be more secure that way.

Old 30th April 2008, 05:23 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George K. View Post
Does it have a name yet? XD

You don't have to say what it is...

(...psst... is that one of the bits of info we'll get on, or after, May 13th?)

Old 30th April 2008, 05:41 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I forgot to ask this, and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere before, but will Grunty go back to rhyming in Banjo 3, or will she keep talking like a normal person?

Old 30th April 2008, 05:54 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
I forgot to ask this, and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere before, but will Grunty go back to rhyming in Banjo 3, or will she keep talking like a normal person?
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...&postcount=108

Old 30th April 2008, 05:55 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Yes, Gregg stated this in the "12 Questions" thread.

The suspense is killing me! Can't we at least know the name of the game we're all waiting so patiently for? Pretty please?

Edit: Darn! Bottles beat me again!

Tags
banjo, banjo-kazooie 3, bk3, end of the world, guh huh!, kazooie, mazin' tags, teaser, teaser website, threeie, update

User Tag List