Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 26th September 2008, 06:31 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 5
Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
Lets Play Banjo XBLA

I've been thinking about doing a Lets Play of Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA for a while now, mainly due to SNS, and I was wondering if anybody here could help me out with what exactly I would need to accomplish this.

I know how to get the screen display onto the computer directly from the television itself, but the only thing I'm a little clueless on is the narration aspect. To use Xbox and also add my own voice over the game, would I need to use the Xbox headset? Or would any headset/microphone work?

Also, I've been watching a couple different LPs lately on YouTube, specifically Cypheron's Banjo-Tooie Lets Plays, I just finished watching all of xthemusic's Banjo-Kazooie Lets Plays, but most recently Durden77's Rayman 2 Lets Play; which is what I was wondering most about: Durden77's LPs are extremely high in quality, and gives the high definition option beneath the video: to get the highest quality video as possible, how should I go about exporting the video to keep it from going all blurry, and useless? (Here's an example of the video quality that I want, just click on the "watch in high quality option." If nobody is sure, I guess I can just ask Durden myself. )

So anyway, thanks for reading my jumbled nonsense, I appreciate any help you can provide.

Old 26th September 2008, 06:42 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
You'd have to use a mic connected to your computer.

As far as the quality, as long as each part is under ten minutes in length, I believe the filesize limit for YouTube videos is now a gigabyte, so I'd say you could probably save the file with fairly high quality settings, which you should be able to do on nearly any video program.

Old 26th September 2008, 07:39 AM
Clanker

Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
You'd have to use a mic connected to your computer.

As far as the quality, as long as each part is under ten minutes in length, I believe the filesize limit for YouTube videos is now a gigabyte, so I'd say you could probably save the file with fairly high quality settings, which you should be able to do on nearly any video program.
Okay, I experimented with a couple of different things in regards to the video quality, and was able to get the High quality option for images, but not with already low quality MPG videos, so I guess I'll have to try recording a few seconds from the TV, and then exporting that into the same format that allowed to get the high quality images.

And as far as the microphone goes; I was planning on using, I think, Pinnacle (not really sure) to capture the TV, do you know if that has the option of adding live narration, or should I try using something different?

Old 26th September 2008, 07:47 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
No idea in terms of that particular program, sorry. Although if it doesn't, I'm sure you could record your voice with a separate audio program at the same time, save it, and then add it in during editing...though obviously that takes more work.

Old 26th September 2008, 11:30 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Play xbox useing computer as video output, record video via computer

Have another program and record from a mic at the same time and sync the two together

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 26th September 2008, 08:12 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't think you can record your voice with a 360 headset. Audacity is a good program to record narration with as long as you have basic video software add it to the video. Pretty much any computer mic will work, but a headset is best. [if you can, snag an old PS2 USB headset, awesome quality and it should be dirt cheap since it's older]

I'm at a loss for the video quality thing, unless you plan on using Movie Maker, then the small high quality video option is best for Youtube.

Old 26th September 2008, 11:44 PM
Dingpot

Not really sure about any of the settings. Lately i've been messing around with Project 64 and Camstudio 20 though, haven't gotten far tbh. I was also thinking about doing a lets play on Banjo-Kazooie XBLA or the orginal on a rom with that equipment.

I like Cypheron's let's play's of Banjo-Tooie better then the others because it's not all professenal and it's more like playing the game for the first time rather then just replaying it and knowing where everything is and what to do.

Old 28th September 2008, 02:23 AM
Clanker

Okay, thanks for all the help, guys.

My question though is; does the Xbox headphone/microphone not overlay your voice onto the game? Or is it just used as a way for transmitting sound from one headset to another? I've never used it, so I'm just wondering before I go out and by some other kind of wireless microphone.

Old 28th September 2008, 02:50 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
Okay, thanks for all the help, guys.

My question though is; does the Xbox headphone/microphone not overlay your voice onto the game? Or is it just used as a way for transmitting sound from one headset to another? I've never used it, so I'm just wondering before I go out and by some other kind of wireless microphone.
As far as I know, you can only have people on LIVE speak over the game audio.

Now if only I knew how far I know.

Tags
banjo, kazooie, lets play, xbla

User Tag List