Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 1st March 2006, 11:13 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I've got mixed up with so many people recently.

Anyway, why does the glitch only ever sometimes happen and not every time? Do you have to have seen the Ice Key before it will work?
I have never seen Mumbo's pictures on the cartridge I tried this on.
That is what I said, we need to figure out what is causing this to happen.

Old 1st March 2006, 11:19 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemyGod
Mumbo shows you the Key and two eegs but never says anything about Stop N Swop. Am I right? He says these are missing items, the first time I saw Stop N Swop on my game is in the SNS screen. But as the above person said before, lets try to get the other eggs and see if the Ice Key is already there.
I like the way he puts this. To learn all we can about SnS, we must act as archaeologists. Not only do we have to find all of the hard evidence, we have to examine events that transpired at the same time and make inferences about things we did not learn initially from that evidence. His post above is a really neat observation.

***EDIT***

Here's another one:

From Banjo-Tooie, we know that each item unlocked its own special feature (as seen by Heggy's three mysterey eggs.)

Alright, now, because SubDrag and Ice Mario found Ice Key written in DK64's memory, we can also assume that the Ice Key was to be used not only in Banjo-Tooie, but also in DK64 as well. That means that the Ice Key either unlocked two different features, the same feature in both games, or there are two separate Ice Keys, neither of which are related.
(Personally, I feel it's one of the first two.)

Whatever the items unlocked, we may never know. What we can do, however, is hypothesize until we understand everything else. Most of this has been proven by IceMario and SubDrag. Everything that's left is a matter of closing loose ends.

Last edited by Ratabulous; 1st March 2006 at 11:34 PM.

Old 1st March 2006, 11:32 PM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratabulous
I like the way he puts this. To learn all we can about SnS, we must act as archaeologists. Not only do we have to find all of the hard evidence, we have to examine events that transpired at the same time and make inferences about things we did not learn initially from that evidence. His post above is a really neat observation.
Yeah good post, Demy. We do need to make sure that we don't presume anything.

Old 2nd March 2006, 02:15 AM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
Thankyou @ Ratab and swat. Good idea Ratab, Maybe we should start hacking DK64, if it wasn't hacked before from out hackers.

Old 2nd March 2006, 09:29 AM
Glowbo

then again, the ice key couldve been used for the debug mode or was to activate it, remember the debug mode that doesnt work. Its the last unlocked thing by finding all banana fairies, perhaps the key was connected to activating the final gift

A treasure hunter at heart.

Old 6th March 2006, 02:32 AM
Clanker

Random Award 
Ah, that's why I like it here. Even in the face of almost certain proof, we still reach for straws in hopes that we'll find something that Rare's cleanup team missed.

And even better, we do it logically with data, instead of all those Legend of Zelda fans who just make crap up about collecting gold items and doing mundane actions several hundred times.

Old 6th March 2006, 02:37 AM
Von Kriplespac

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Note
Ah, that's why I like it here. Even in the face of almost certain proof, we still reach for straws in hopes that we'll find something that Rare's cleanup team missed.

And even better, we do it logically with data, instead of all those Legend of Zelda fans who just make crap up about collecting gold items and doing mundane actions several hundred times.
I hate those guys. They give Zelda fans a bad name. Plus, there isn't even any evidence that the triforce even exists.
But Rare's "cleanup team" missed the whole Stop and Swap page? That's not like them: they pay attention to details.

Old 6th March 2006, 02:49 AM
Clanker

Random Award 
Yeah, but no one is perfect. (Except for that one guy, man he was cool!)

Since there is definately more than one person working on the finishing touches in the game, it would be really easy for the task of removing certain features to be delegated from person to person, until they needed the final project and everyone thought that someone else had finished the "cleanup".

But then again, with that theory we're back at reaching for straws like I'd said earlier...

Old 6th March 2006, 04:27 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Note
Yeah, but no one is perfect. (Except for that one guy, man he was cool!)
Yeah...he was the greatest. You crack me up, Hollow!