Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Will we ever have SNS?
The whole thing, legally accessible (really optimistic) 3 8.11%
The whole thing, but only by hacking (very optimistic) 4 10.81%
Just some remmnants (optimistic) 12 32.43%
We'll get the Truth, but nothing do-able in the game (optimism/pessimism border) 13 35.14%
Absolutly Nothing (pessimistic 3 8.11%
Who the hell cares?! (pretty damn pessimistic) 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th September 2007, 09:21 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Question Who thinks...

That we'll one day find the answer to SNS? Whether or not the feature is discovered to be accessible, do you think we'll know the truth? For a while, I was one of the biggest SNS believers around, thinking that it was still legally accessible. Than I started to think it was still fully intact but required a GS like BR. Then I began to think there were merely remmnants of it, until I eventually just threw away my faith in the lost treasure of BK and BT, but still cared about it. Then I just sort of stopped caring. But for some reason, I've started to have a lot of hope a few days ago. I think it was cause this dream I had. (a bear stole me glory.)

Old 19th September 2007, 01:21 AM
Best Username

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I dont think there is an answer. I think that rare will include it in bk3, but only because bk fans made such a big deal about it.

Old 19th September 2007, 01:34 AM
Glowbo

Rare has given hints of revealing the truth of Stop 'n' Swop in Banjo Kazooie 3. This could just be a marketting ploy to get us all to buy the game (a good one at that), but here's hoping it'll be the full truth.

Old 20th September 2007, 11:44 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Sigh...

There is no full SNS. There never will be. Anyone that choses the first two options is an idiot IMO. (Not directed at anyone.)

I'd say the third one. There are a few remenants still hiding in the BK-BT series, but I'd say there are lots of things still within the DK64 Kiosk & finished ROMs. If anything can be achieved, its the BK-DK64 SNS, never the BT one.

Old 20th September 2007, 12:49 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
but when you think about it, dont we already know SNS? i mean we know how it was by usuing the DD, we know why it was cancelled, and the rewards were probably the same rewards in BT. isnt that SNS?

Old 20th September 2007, 12:56 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
"the guys at The Rare Witch Project has come pretty close to solving that but of course we are not going to reveal the whole truth because this'll spoil their fun"

Old 20th September 2007, 02:12 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL
"the guys at The Rare Witch Project has come pretty close to solving that but of course we are not going to reveal the whole truth because this'll spoil their fun"
...so what? Rare said that. RAREWARE.

Old 20th September 2007, 05:32 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I believe that there will be some type of remnants left over in Banjo Tooie. People don't know the way hot-swapping really worked(besides a select few). If you want to know the truth, you need to stop basing facts on theories, and start basing theories on facts. I've seen some people who will come up with a theory and then they are like, oh well this fact here supports it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynicjr
but when you think about it, dont we already know SNS? i mean we know how it was by usuing the DD, we know why it was cancelled, and the rewards were probably the same rewards in BT. isnt that SNS?
People don't realize that SNS went through several different stages. The ice-key was tested in DK64 first, and was originally meant to unlock a secret ice cavern in crystal caves. The idea then moved to Banjo-Tooie, when rare began development on that game. This is what confuses most people who think that the only form of SNS that existed is the one with Tooie.

Old 20th September 2007, 05:40 PM
Hello Sadness

INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
i'd like to believe that there are remnants of it in the game, it'd be nice to find out after all this time, especially if it was completely accesible

but to be honest, it's probably a marketing ploy for BK3, because we've hacked the games to the bone and found nothing.

Old 20th September 2007, 05:44 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Ugh, no we haven't really. We are missing a couple things.

Banjo Tooie:
Cosmetic Modifier (there could be more map's(at least a test map))

Donkey Kong 64:
Cosmetic Modifier

Donkey Kong Kiosk:
Waiting for CoolisCool's program because hacking this game is like being on drugs.

Probably will be some remnants left over in ONE of these games.

Old 20th September 2007, 06:57 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Either the third or fourth. There might be some small bits and scraps in the games, but not the SNS itself. But perhaps we'll know everything when B3 comes out. Perhaps.

A video of someone doing SNS as a Bonus in B3 would make my day.

Old 20th September 2007, 07:51 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
^SNS was fully functional with DK64 at one point. It was never completed in Bt though for reasons unknown. (Either time constraints or because of the failure of the 64dd.)

I don't think it would be possible to make a vid of the current form of SNS.

Old 20th September 2007, 08:19 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Like runhero said, it was working at some point in DK64. I believe a link between the two can still be done with the right codes.

Old 21st September 2007, 01:38 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123
People don't realize that SNS went through several different stages. The ice-key was tested in DK64 first, and was originally meant to unlock a secret ice cavern in crystal caves. The idea then moved to Banjo-Tooie, when rare began development on that game. This is what confuses most people who think that the only form of SNS that existed is the one with Tooie.
thats what i meant, we sorta know what happened to SNS but were still missing a few things, but really, how more remnants will we be able to find?

Old 21st September 2007, 02:53 PM
Dingpot

RWP Note Medal 
I hope there is a video extra in BK3 telling us about SNS. It would have to be really hard to get though, or I wouldn't feel accomplished...