Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 31st March 2008, 04:50 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Welcome to RWP!

some time ago, I thought about the chance of each egg have a code to put in BT but I don't belive this is true because there is the egg shed in wooded hollow and the chicken hatches it, so you bring the eggs from BK via 'other cartdrige driver'

Old 31st March 2008, 05:24 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezerIceman View Post
but I have to say it's the most realistic theory I've heard from a Newbie in a while.
Amen.

Old 1st April 2008, 02:09 PM
Jinjo

Welcome to the forums, amigo! In summary, there a few things standing against your theory:
1. the internet would make the codes widely acessable
2. the name 'stop 'n' swop' says it all; it aint no code and load.
3. the in game code system was already being used in BK and BT. (strangely enough, this very system can be used to unlock the items..)
4. if you were to be given a code and write it down in bk, presuming its some long generic string of numbers and letters, you wouldn't be able to remember it a few years later when bt finally comes out. I mean I smoke alot of weed so maybe it's just me, but when i write something down it certainly does not last more than a week before being completely and utterly lost.

But nonetheless, congrats for forming a theory which isnt crap. The majority of other noobs (or even veterans) who post on this forum are weirdos, and as a result they make some weird theories. They might explain to you that seagulls in a jukebox are telling you to find the ice key, that there are hidden messages in the texture of rocks or that they 'once had a dream...' and no, they are not blackbeard. When these freaks say dream, they speak of sleeping and thinking that they are playing banjo kazooie. They follow a gold fish down a stream, who leads them to an island floating on a hill. He runs across the grass, jumps into the coconut tree and with a bang explodes into a flurry of shattered eggshells. Wiping the tears from their eyes, the freaks wake up from their slumber and log onto RWP to tell us all about it.

Old 2nd April 2008, 11:09 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
yes welcome to the forums

FINALLY someone new with a realistic theory

sounds plausible- the only problem is that people would post the codes on the internet.

Old 2nd April 2008, 11:30 PM
Clanker

Fact: Coolboyman is having a huge fit of anger right now as he reads this thread, secretly.

Welcome to the forums .

Old 2nd April 2008, 11:57 PM
Formerly Frozyn

INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKeyMaster View Post
Fact: Coolboyman is having a huge fit of anger right now as he reads this thread, secretly.

Welcome to the forums .
umm thanks for the welcome... whos coolboyman? lol...if he is having a huge fit of anger than i feel a bit sorry...why would he though...

Old 3rd April 2008, 02:14 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKeyMaster

Welcome to the forums .
Good for him, but I don't think anyone care's. Fact .

Old 3rd April 2008, 03:40 AM
Formerly Frozyn

Wink oh a new idea that couldve worked!

oh, by god i came up with another idea! (though im sure someone HAS though of this...) on with the "theory"

this kinda deafeats the purpose of "Stop 'n' Swop" but do you remember the old N64 game sharks? how they had the thing on the top that plugged into the game you were cheating on? you know what im talkin about? well why didnt they have that on a tooie cartridge, so you could plug banjo in, "Swop" the items, save the game etc.? i though about this when playing super mario RPG for some reason...what do you think about that? it would have been much cheaper, and safer...i myself think it would have been a good idea...but then again...i did think it...

Old 3rd April 2008, 04:45 AM
Jinjo

yeah kool idea. But i think the reason why they didnt use codes for the rewards are becuase some people on the internet look the codes up on cheat websites. so it would make getting the ?eggs and the ice key less rewarding.

Old 3rd April 2008, 04:50 AM
Formerly Frozyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfs View Post
yeah kool idea. But i think the reason why they didnt use codes for the rewards are becuase some people on the internet look the codes up on cheat websites. so it would make getting the ?eggs and the ice key less rewarding.
yeah i pretty much dumped my first theory...but read the edit on the first post, or the post before yours

Old 3rd April 2008, 11:51 AM
And re-eat sass

Total Awards: 23
You're Appreciated! Game On Reminiscence Rarity RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozyn View Post
oh, by god i came up with another idea! (though im sure someone HAS though of this...) on with the "theory"

this kinda deafeats the purpose of "Stop 'n' Swop" but do you remember the old N64 game sharks? how they had the thing on the top that plugged into the game you were cheating on? you know what im talkin about? well why didnt they have that on a tooie cartridge, so you could plug banjo in, "Swop" the items, save the game etc.? i though about this when playing super mario RPG for some reason...what do you think about that? it would have been much cheaper, and safer...i myself think it would have been a good idea...but then again...i did think it...
When I first heard about Tooie in Nintendo Official Magazine and when it mentioned that it would connect with Kazooie in some way, that was what I instantly thought about.

I always thought it would be a game that would have Kazooie go on top.

Now that's a line I never thought I'd write.

Old 4th April 2008, 03:05 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozyn

Because this is Rare we are talking about .

They wanted to unleash the Nintendo 64's full potential. Plus you know that Stop N Swop wouldn't have been as interesting if they used the lock-on method[Fact]. It had already been done with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezerIceman
When I first heard about Tooie in Nintendo Official Magazine and when it mentioned that it would connect with Kazooie in some way, that was what I instantly thought about.

I always thought it would be a game that would have Kazooie go on top.

Now that's a line I never thought I'd write.
I would have thought the same. However, I just thought of something else. The n64 lock-on cartridges tend to freeze VERY easily. For example, if you slightly bump the Cartridge the gameshark will freeze your game. I could see the same thing happening for BK & BT if they used that method.

Old 4th April 2008, 07:41 AM
Bunnycomb

a smarter idea is the memory pak's that you pluged into the botom, im sure they could have come up with a way to save (BK)stuff onto the memory pack, to be read by BT... maybe they just got lazy?

Old 4th April 2008, 02:46 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_wierdGuy View Post
a smarter idea is the memory pak's that you pluged into the botom, im sure they could have come up with a way to save (BK)stuff onto the memory pack, to be read by BT... maybe they just got lazy?
I think they were aiming to be creative rather then lazy

Old 4th April 2008, 11:52 PM
Bunnycomb

so they creatively completely got rid of it?

Tags
answer, banjo kazooie, game shark, lite, stop n swop