Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th May 2008, 12:29 AM
Jinjo

it just happened to me 3 times in a row with 128 but whats ironic about it?

Old 6th May 2008, 04:48 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
By buying either some expensive sort of cable for my TV, or using a DVD Player, record it and make screenshots of the recorded.
You record high quality images from your television by wiring a camera that records output.
(Input is when the images and movies taken on the camera show on the tele, where as output is opposite - Tele is shown on the camera and can be recorded)

Old 8th May 2008, 08:11 PM
Glowbo

This isn't anything.

The reason you are getting 128 is since the game ROM locate a 91st, 92nd, 93rd, etc... jiggy, the automatically locates the next doubled number (I forgot what the technical term is, but you get the gist of it).

Now when you talked to the jiggy guy, the game couldn't locate a message that you have needed to exceed 128 jiggies, as there isn't 128 jiggies in the game. Thus it just assumed you needed 38, but since the limit is 90...the jiggy counter went up. I have no idea why it went up to 175, but maybe 175 is just a test jiggy.

And 255 is basically the limit for anything on games back then. 255 was the most common technical restriction for numbers...there wasn't "infinite" in the N64 days.

Perhaps I'm a bit off, as I'm not really a technical guy. Although I think I got the idea of what happened.

EDIT: Just re-read your post...I'm probably really off now...please forgive, lol.

But it's just a glitch, that's for sure.

Last edited by Chaos447; 8th May 2008 at 08:13 PM.

Old 8th May 2008, 08:45 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Hmm, I actually hope it is, because the fact that you tell me that 255 (=lots) is the max while I clearly saw all Feathers & Eggs at 999 the other day in the menu. (However, the 1st and 2nd 9 where kinda misplaced)
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 8th May 2008, 08:53 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
You did a lot of good research, Smouv!