Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th May 2008, 01:01 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
A new theory

Ive been thinking about this alot recently, and it ties in to what runehero had discovered (about you somehow obtaining the sandcastle codes via a room in bt).

Now I know in Banjo Tooie the lairs ''Tower room'' is only text in the memory, but what if it wasnt and it was something else. Im starting to believe that the tower room was stop n swop, and i MAY have alot of evidence supporting this theory.

First of all lets go back to that data sharing patent by Rare. I think everyone who thought the second game was Donkey kong 64 may have jumped the gun abit, just because you can pull a lever as a move and the ice key text being in the games memory ( which coould have been used for testing purposes, as BanjoPL stated)

I now believe that the second game they are referring to is banjo Tooie! Why?

''a player may reach a certain stage in the first video game where the player recognizes a common feature from a second video game (which the player has obviously played before)''

Do we recodnise stages /features from bk and dk64? NO

Do we recodnise stages./features from BK and BT? YES

Recodnisable features: Banjo and kazooie, Spiral mountain, Gruntys lair entrance and banjo's house

y Cave of the first video game. At the side of the Huge Blocked Icy Cave is a lever. The player pulls the lever and a "cut-cam" shows a section from the second video game stored on a second game cartridge This cut-cam may reveal a door access to a "Big Icy Key."

Ok so lets say there was a lever next to the ice wall. You'd pull the lever in Banjo kazooie and a door would reveal ACCESS to the big icy key

Note the word ACCESS, this doesnt really mean opening the door to get the key, but rather opening the door to retrieve information on how to get the key

Now lets go to banjo kazooies beuty room. There are 2 locked doors. And guess what else? A Lever!!!

Now In banjo kazooie you have no way of pulling that lever, since the beuty machines are there. But lets say this area was in Banjo Tooie, A.k.a The Tower room

The tower room is an area where the player will recodnise a feature from the previous game. Or rather the two doors ( which are now Icy) and a lever which can now be pulled. The beuty machines have gone

When pulling the lever the LEFT door will open and will generate an area where mumbo will give you the sandcastle codes and ACCESS to the ice key

After obtaining the items. You will somehow coldswap bk and bt. And in doing so the RIGHT hand door in bt's tower room will open, and thats where you obtain the eggs n key for use in banjo tooie

Last edited by ssj; 30th May 2008 at 01:16 PM.

Old 30th May 2008, 01:33 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
what about rediculously secret area ?

Old 30th May 2008, 01:36 PM
Brash Breegull

that would be activated after obtaining the items in bt, in which you get bottles revenge as your prize

Old 30th May 2008, 04:17 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Great theory ssj!
There is red lever in Tower Room in BK and camera focused on Banjo when he jump on it.
but how activate Tower Room in BT!? This is RSA? Any ideas?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 30th May 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Old 30th May 2008, 04:22 PM
Brash Breegull

possibly cold swapping tower room data from bk

Old 30th May 2008, 04:23 PM
Missing Hero

Patent said that Big Icy Key would open Huge Blocked Icy Cave and there will be new area.So if first doors (now Icy) in TR opens via lever and there will be link to ice key and eggs then after swapping ice key would open second doors (now Icy) where you will use eggs for activate RSA/secret level/bottles revenge.

But all of this is biiiiiig speculation

Last edited by BanjoPL; 31st May 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Old 30th May 2008, 07:47 PM
Jinjo

SSJ, once again you provide a marvelous theory. I never noticed the levers in the beauty-room before. It would make sense on how it was activated, but I have one quick question:

Ssj, can you provide a link or quote to Runehero's statement that gave you the idea. I would like to see exactly what inspired you. A quote would also do...

Last edited by FirionEdwards; 3rd June 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Old 30th May 2008, 09:17 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ
First of all lets go back to that data sharing patent by Rare. I think everyone who thought the second game was Donkey kong 64 may have jumped the gun abit, just because you can pull a lever as a move and the ice key text being in the games memory ( which coould have been used for testing purposes, as BanjoPL stated)
1) There are no moves in BT that allow you to pull any lever.

You need to think about this a bit more. They wouldn't just use DK64 for testing purposes. Orginally, I don't think BT was planned until towards the end of BK's development. I think at that time, they decided it would be best to switch the feature over to BT instead. As it would make more sense for you to swap data between the sequel and BK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ
Do we recodnise stages /features from bk and dk64? NO
Yes. Wozzas cavern, and crystal caverns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ
Recodnisable features: Banjo and kazooie, Spiral mountain, Gruntys lair entrance and banjo's house
By recognizable features it means that the area is similar to the area in the first game. Therefore crystal caverns is VERY similar to Wozzas Cave in Freezeezy peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ
y Cave of the first video game. At the side of the Huge Blocked Icy Cave is a lever. The player pulls the lever and a "cut-cam" shows a section from the second video game stored on a second game cartridge This cut-cam may reveal a door access to a "Big Icy Key."

Ok so lets say there was a lever next to the ice wall. You'd pull the lever in Banjo kazooie and a door would reveal ACCESS to the big icy key

Note the word ACCESS, this doesnt really mean opening the door to get the key, but rather opening the door to retrieve information on how to get the key
Interesting, I don't see any lever next to the Ice Key cave's door. Must be invisible, right? Also, there are no moves that allow you to pull a lever in BK. You mentioned that yourself. Contradiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ
Now lets go to banjo kazooies beuty room. There are 2 locked doors. And guess what else? A Lever!!!

Now In banjo kazooie you have no way of pulling that lever, since the beuty machines are there. But lets say this area was in Banjo Tooie, A.k.a The Tower room

The tower room is an area where the player will recodnise a feature from the previous game. Or rather the two doors ( which are now Icy) and a lever which can now be pulled. The beuty machines have gone

When pulling the lever the LEFT door will open and will generate an area where mumbo will give you the sandcastle codes and ACCESS to the ice key
Wow, talk about jumping the gun! Also, I don't see how your going to pull that lever when there are no moves in BT that will allow you to do so. Plus that lever was specifically used by klungo for activating the beauty machines. How would it make sense for that lever to all of a sudden be used to open some door that mumbo comes out of?

Lets just leave it at DK64. It makes much more sense.

Last edited by runehero123; 30th May 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Old 30th May 2008, 09:26 PM
Glowbo

I have to agree with runehero on this subject, as he already mentioned, you seem to contradict yourself a lot ssj, while also leaving a lot of holes in your theory, which he again, already mentioned.

Old 31st May 2008, 10:53 AM
Missing Hero

Yes the problem is that B and K can't pull lever...but DK can.
BUT this is very strange that camera zooms when you jump on lever in Tower Room in BK.

Another strange stuff coming from Grabbed By The Ghoulies:
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...9&d=1193821050

This map with BIG X looks like Tower Room...I checked walls in TR in BK and they're similiar.
But area on map looks like closed (blocked) ,so assuming that Lair in BT is damaged, MAYBE this is TR from BT.

I think that TR is RSA in BT-it looks like that it need data from BK for activate,there would be Silo because lair is damaged,ice key would open doors,behind them there would be area where you would use eggs to unlock Bottles' Revenge...all like ridiculously secret.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 31st May 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Old 31st May 2008, 04:00 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
i've never noticed that the camera zooms when you jump on the lever in the tower room.

huh

Old 1st June 2008, 02:17 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow. SSJ wrote out that whole thing and it got ruled out in one post.
Also, as for the lever concept. It was overused by the time you hit the beauty room. You kept talking about pulling levers next to the ice key cave... but what would a lever do? There was an ice wall there. It's not going to open like revolving doors . Even though there's a lot of contradiction and flaws in your theory I think it's an alright guess... But then again I just enjoy reading stuff like this.. heheh.

Old 9th June 2008, 03:28 PM
Brash Breegull

Number 1 most common thing in a bad theory: People seem to take desperate, small facts/things and mash 'em together to make one, big, important fact/thing.

Old 9th June 2008, 08:25 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
nice theory SSJ =)

Old 9th June 2008, 09:10 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
CHEESE! See I made an irrelevent post to an old thread...

But, no I want to make some useful input of my personal opinio, and do agree do agree with Banjo Nerd.