Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th July 2008, 12:28 AM
Glowbo

An awesome theory!

I was looking through Spiral Mountain, and I found this great theory that you all need to read. This theory was made by Bannipper

There are actually 2 different Stop n Swops

Here it is:

Quote:
Originally, Nintendo and Sony were to work together to create the Play Station, but Nintendo dropped out. This not only resulted in the birth of the Playstaion, but it caused some things in the Banjo games to be removed, which I believe were still in development at the time. This could have been carried over to an expansion pak, but Nintendo, too afraid that Mario would be overshadowed by the project, forced Rare to cease developing STOP & SWOP, just to save their "Precious" flagship character from the Void.

Now, I know what you're thinking. How could there be two? Well, the first would be the tie between Banjo Kazooie and its sequel (a masterpiece, by the way), Banjo-Tooie. Now, considering that in Conker's Bad Fur Day, there is an area in the windmill you can never access. Perhaps in the beta version, Conker could enter the windmill, but instead, Rodent destroys it. And in Donkey Kong 64, there is a beta picture of a refridgerator with Banjo and Kazooie's faces on it. This leads me to thinking that There may have been more than one version of STOP & SWOP.

The first are with the Ice Key and Mystery Eggs, and their awkward resemblance to the multi-colored bananas and the question marks in Troff and Scoof's HQ. Sure, you may have been able to do STOP & SWOP if you had all of the items, but considering that the Mystery Eggs each have the same color as the bananas that DK, Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, Diddy Kong, and Chunky Kong collect all the time, not to mention that there are the question marks in Troff and Scoff's base to consider, too (and the exact same chime of STOP & SWOP being heard every time you get to fight a boss character). Donkey Kong may have had the biggest contribution to STOP & SWOP out of every game being made at the time!!

As for Conker, he wound up going M, which I think, ruined STOP & SWOP further. But if he didn't I'm sure there would be further evidence of him being linked to the project.

Here is another theory that I had: there were two fake eggs. I thought about the matter ever since seeing that board thingy in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, and I came up with a conclusion: If the eggs were easy to find, then they were fake. Here are the real and fake eggs in any given order:

Blue Egg: The blue egg is obviously real. You can find it in Gobi's Valley in the stone door where you ground pound Gobi so that he may spit out an extra honeycomb. You then follow a straight path until you reached a tomb and a button. All you then had to do was press the button, get the Egg inside the tomb, and it was yours for the taking.

Pink Egg: This, too, was real. This can be found on Treasure Trove Cove. Inside Sharkfood Island, all you had to do was go up a series of indentations that spiraled upward until you finally reached the egg.

Red Egg: This one I think is fake. Seeing that you are required to go here, it would seem illogical for you to get such a super-hard item, in such an easy place.

Cyan Egg: This one is real. You can find it hidden within the X-marked barrel in the wine cellar in Mad Monster Mansion. Simple as that. However, since this is an item that was behind something, just like the Ice Key, it gave me the impression that it was very real, and very special.

Green Egg: This could be the last of the fakes. You find it on top of Loggo the Toilet, which is a person that you have no choice but to meet up with during your travels.

Yellow Egg: This was a confusing item, as it was both easy to find and the location was reachable. However, Banjo-Tooie may have provided us with a helpful hint: the egg in Heggy's shed. This showed that the yellow egg was real. Besides, seeing that it was in Nabnut's house (winter time) at the time, you'd think that there would have to be some signifigance as to why the area wasn't removed. After all, it would be a waste of space if there weren't any items in it to collect.

My point of view changed somewhat afterward. You can blame Captain Blackeye for that. The Red Egg was found in the Captain's Quarters, which specifies that the Red Egg was linked to him. I, however, am convinced one hundred and ten percent that the Green Egg is a farce.

Each egg, I think, may be affiliated with a different franchise:

Yellow Egg=either DK (Yellow=Bananas)or Conker (Nabnut, being a squirrel, could signify that this egg is linked to him).

Blue Egg=Banjo-Kazooie (obviously)

Pink Egg=Banjo-Tooie (Captain Blackeye's numerous Treasure Trove Cove pictures)

Cyan Egg=??? (I'm still thinking about this one)

Red Egg=Conker (same color as his fur, and you can find some beta versions of Berri in the level Rusty Bucket Bay, which is where the Red Egg is found in), or Banjo-Tooie, which, like I staed earlier, would implicate Captain Blackeye)

And just for the sheer heck of it, Green Egg=???

If my calculations are correct, then all there might be more than one STOP & SWOP!! The first being the one we know of today, the other.........INVOLVING EVERY FRANCHISE LINKED TO STOP & SWOP MERGING INTO ONE BIG SUPER-GAME!!!! This means we could have seen K. Rool getting the crap beaten out of him by Banjo and Kazooie in the final showdown in DK64, Conker feeding oranges to Chimpy, and Donkey Kong entering Windy's windmill!!

If you have anything to say about my theory, please speak up. It would be nice to hear about another person's perspective.
He also brought up some other cool points later on. He has proof that the cyan egg is related to Conker's Bad Fur Day!

Quote:
Wait a second! I've got it! The Cyan Egg was found in a barrel of wine. That's an alcoholic beverage! This is proof!

And just look at Conker's shirt! this links him to the item further!
The Yellow egg was also made for DK64

Quote:
Also, I figured something out. And it was so obvious! Donkey Kong lives in a tree house! SO DOES NABNUT!! The Yellow Mystery Egg is linked to Donkey Kong!! I mean, look at the facts! It's yellow! It was so obvious!!
So there you go!

Old 9th July 2008, 12:31 AM
Best Username ('07 - '08)

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Now PS has something to do with SNS?

Old 9th July 2008, 12:50 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
I was looking through Spiral Mountain...
I stopped reading right there. Once I read that, I knew this was going to be some random jumble of unsported claims and nonsense. Thankfully I didn't waste my time.

Old 9th July 2008, 01:15 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ad.php?t=17355
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ad.php?t=18204

The entirety of Banjo Theoris should be replaced with THESE TWO THREADS and the STICKIES.

I stopped reading at: "An awesome theory!"
Don't get me wrong, we like contribution from new mwmbers of the RWP, just... not like this...

HONOR THE MEMORY OF SNS!

Last edited by Mister Mxyzptlk; 9th July 2008 at 01:17 AM.

Old 9th July 2008, 03:04 AM
Jinjo

I have to say, SnS is pretty much unsolvable, since well, it is!!! Damn, that was a long post.

Old 9th July 2008, 03:15 AM
Jinjo

Goddamit! I was just about to post this thread up for RWP to laugh heartily at. Guess you beat me to it. I'm not even going to bother commenting on this theory; I can't think of anything nice to say about it and disproving it would be a waste of five minutes. Instead I think I'm going to eat an orange and pour myself some ice tea.

Good day.