Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 16th August 2008, 10:49 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
The objectives, they sound generic.

The HUD, it's lame, boring, and looks like it could of been done in paint. Especially during objectives.

More classic platforming. I'm fine with the vehicles, but a LITTLE more classic style platforming would of been nice, as well as some more moves as well. I would of been fine with a 40/60 ratio, 40% classic 60% new.
Im sorry, but can i borrow ur time machine... oh wait you dont have one.
The missions we've seen are the tutorials and might not even be in the final build >_> And its still 100% platforming. The balance is perfect, the worlds are to big for banjo and kazooie EVEN IF THEY HAD THEIR MOVES to traverse >_>.
And dont start whining about the HUD, it aint done. Wait for the game to come out, or new information of what the final build will look like, then we'll talk >_>

Old 16th August 2008, 11:16 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Looking at the game, i see that it will be a great game, but i dont think they should slap the name banjo kazooie on it.

Its just sooo....Different.
Im sure il still love the game, but im not gonna lie.....i would like the origional gameplay..

And i dont like the square drawings that much either.

BUT, i obviously need to wait to play the game before i judge it.:/

Old 16th August 2008, 11:54 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
I can't really say what I would want to change about a game that hasn't come out yet, but from the way things look, like pretty much everyone else has said, the vehicles. Get rid of them and give us classic platforming. It looks fun, don't get me wrong, and even some parts may make your vehicles do things similar to BK/BT moves, but it's still not really Banjo Kazooie.

Old 17th August 2008, 02:07 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by corban123 View Post
Im sorry, but can i borrow ur time machine... oh wait you dont have one.
The missions we've seen are the tutorials and might not even be in the final build >_> And its still 100% platforming. The balance is perfect, the worlds are to big for banjo and kazooie EVEN IF THEY HAD THEIR MOVES to traverse >_>.
And dont start whining about the HUD, it aint done. Wait for the game to come out, or new information of what the final build will look like, then we'll talk >_>
I'm not whining, I'm stating things I don't like so far about the game. I still think it'll be good, but am I not allowed to say ANYTHING if it isn't 100% praise towards this game?

What looks bad now will continue to be bad untill I'm proven otherwise, and what looks good now will continue to look good untill I'm proven otherwise.

Old 17th August 2008, 03:04 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
I'm not whining, I'm stating things I don't like so far about the game. I still think it'll be good, but am I not allowed to say ANYTHING if it isn't 100% praise towards this game?

What looks bad now will continue to be bad untill I'm proven otherwise, and what looks good now will continue to look good untill I'm proven otherwise.
Gotta agree there. How can you blame someone for criticizing the game before it's out and then say that "the balance [of vehicles and platforming] is perfect"? It's true that you can't say the game's bad until you've played it, but you also can't say the game's good until you've played it either.

Old 17th August 2008, 02:11 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
About the new formula maybe because i'm in love/hate with nostalgia rite now but i never minded about it , To be honest i was kind of happy to see this happen i do really like the idea of not getting stuck.

Old 18th August 2008, 01:53 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-E-T View Post
Don't they already have like a thousand or something?

I would change the lack of "magic". The old games were all about hunting down witches, shape shifting and using magic items to progress through the game. All of the new things about Nuts 'n' Bolts seem really artificial and focus on technology rather than fantastic things like that. I dunno.
I agree with this 100%

I was trying to think of what is magic related in this game and all I could come up with is the wrench which could be magnetic or electrical for all we know. I seriously hope that Someone from rare reads this and adds some magic-fairy tale esque things immediately. I thought Tooie lacked in this, but wow this is far worse. They need to come up with something that makes this whole game feel a hell of a lot more magical.

Old 18th August 2008, 05:21 AM
Brash Breegull

The game does seem very technical, but it still seems to have the Banjo magic to it.

Old 18th August 2008, 05:41 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
I wish we could go inside old places, you know, nostalgia. (I'd be happy with the isle o' hags and the lair, but mostly the lair)

Old 18th August 2008, 05:48 AM
Brash Breegull

Isle o' Hags is a bit much, but the first section of Grunty's Lair is still possible. To be honest, I'm just happy we'll be able to explore Spiral Mountain again. I was afraid we'd just see it in the first cutscene and never again. Spiral Mountain is enough for me, but if Banjo's house and Grunty's Lair are explorable for atleast one room I'll be happy, though I doubt Grunty's Lair can be entered. I guess we gotta see for out selves.

Old 18th August 2008, 05:36 PM
Clanker

Did anyone else hear something about MMM in NaB? I remember hearing that it would appear in the game but I can't remember where...

Old 18th August 2008, 06:25 PM
Artist Of The Year '09 - '10

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Ross H I View Post
Did anyone else hear something about MMM in NaB? I remember hearing that it would appear in the game but I can't remember where...
they probably took parts of it and put them in BanjoLand.

speaking of that, i have to admit it's cool they made a museum out of the last two banjo games but did they have to go and take apart Clanker and the snow man from Freezey Peak? they were two of my most favorite characters. That and Kazooie not being able to spit eggs is kind of disappointing.

Other than those two things i think the N&B is fine as it is.

Old 20th August 2008, 02:37 AM
Glowbo

I don't know what I would change since I haven't played the game yet, but if I had to pick something it would be give Kazooie some moves.

Old 20th August 2008, 03:23 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I would have more platforming... Rare said that the game is only 20% on foot... I like navigating by foot to check every nook and cranny for hidden notes, and possibly, jiggy.

Old 29th August 2008, 06:05 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofall View Post
I'd have it ported to the Wii.
As would I

Tags
banjo, bk3, change, kazooie

User Tag List