Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 10th April 2010, 05:19 AM
Jinjo

My extensively long list of this i always wnated to know and/or dont make sense

1.Why did grunty build her lair in spiral mountain and why did she create all these worlds in it and let all the nice people in like boggy and Mumbo

2. why did Banjo Kazooie and Tootie build their house right next to a very large ominous looking lair shaped as grunty's face

3. Why did bottles build so many underground tunnels through all of the worlds in gruntys lair even managing to get one into a giant metallic fish...

4. why does mumbo need mumbo tokens and why are they shaped as his face and scattered all around the world (I read a theory once that he might have of built Mingy jongo with them).

5. Why does grunty let Brentilda live in her lair? she is a bit of a gossip telling everyone grunty's secrets.

6.Why does grunty have all the jiggy's and what does she use them for? one person i think it was Rubee in Gobi's Valley said he'd had that jiggy for over 10,000 years! that means grunty must be older than we thought.

7. Why does grunty have losts of magical paintings all around her lair and why do the jiggy's fit in there? since when is grunty a fan of art?

8. Why did grunty hide the stop and swop eggs? did she want to swop them aswell (This might answer question 1).

9. Where does the battle with grunty take place in banjo kazooie? it looked alot bigger than the top of the tower, anyone with moonjump will know that the top of the tower really isnt very big.

10. why did grunty keep "Cheat Codes" in "Cheato" her "Spellbook" and since whe is grunty athletic enough to go and pound them out on a rather hard looking sandcastle.

11. One of gruntys quoutes "Your butt will tell you and you will know, when my boot swings two and fro." is incorrect because grunty doesnt wear boots.. but this might be a clue to beta where grunty mightve worn boots! or maby just put in to make it rhyme.

12. why does mumbo live in so many different places? and how does he know wich one your going to be in?

13. why do the jinjo's only fly away when you run into them? usually this would make one trip.

14. Why is king jingaling so big? he is only a jinjo after all.

15. Why in the opening cutscene when you start a game in Banjo-tooie feature Hag1 surrounded by and full of green gas? Is this because blobbelda had beans for breakfast or is there somthing in there we dont know about?

16. Why does mingella have pink hair?

17. Why does blobbelda always carry around a cat?

18. How does kazooie carry all the blue and other typed of eggs? you'd expect her to be pretty fat with all those eggs in banjo tooie.

19.Why did bottles never mention Isle O Hags in Banjo Kazooie? He did live there after all.

20. What species is klungo? is he a big gruntling or a mutated potato chip or what?

21. Why does mingella have a spell to destroy rocks? thats not really somthing you do every day.

22. Grunty has alot of monsters, why diddnt klungo get them all together to try and move grunty's rock rather than standing there pushing it for 2 years?

23. why does grunty have her own factory and what does it make?

24. why does grunty have a boat? i couldnt imagine her driving a boat when she has a broom to get around.

25. Why did grunty rhyme in the frst game?

26. in banjo kazooie grunty's revenge they obviously went back 10,000 + years because grunty's lair wasnt built yet, Why go that far? (See number 6).

27. Where does grunty do her shopping? i've heard of a certain Saggy Maggy's Boutique but wheres that?

28. Where does Banjo do his shopping? i cant imagine Saggy Maggy's Boutique selling tight yellow shorts and blue backpacks.

29. why did grunty wait such a long time before sucking the beuty out of tooty? maby she was ay witchyworld with her sisters.

30. Why diddnt grunty kill banjo as soon as he went into her lair? a big fireball in the face shouldve done the trick.

I will update this post when more things pop into my head.

~RainbowJinjo~

Old 10th April 2010, 05:28 AM
The Redemption Award '10 - '11

Total Awards: 2
Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
5. Brentilda hides in Gruntys lair Grunty has a vague idea that shes there but can't be bothered finding her out

20. I have always thought klungo as a mutated Gruntling

Answer to all of the above= ITS A FREKIN GAME

Old 10th April 2010, 06:02 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Wow, that's quite a mouthful. Let me try breaking this sucker down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowJinjo View Post
1. Why did grunty build her lair in spiral mountain and why did she create all these worlds in it and let all the nice people in like boggy and Mumbo
2. why did Banjo Kazooie and Tootie build their house right next to a very large ominous looking lair shaped as grunty's face
3. Why did bottles build so many underground tunnels through all of the worlds in gruntys lair even managing to get one into a giant metallic fish...
4. why does mumbo need mumbo tokens and why are they shaped as his face and scattered all around the world (I read a theory once that he might have of built Mingy jongo with them).
5. Why does grunty let Brentilda live in her lair? she is a bit of a gossip telling everyone grunty's secrets.
6.Why does grunty have all the jiggy's and what does she use them for? one person i think it was Rubee in Gobi's Valley said he'd had that jiggy for over 10,000 years! that means grunty must be older than we thought.
7. Why does grunty have losts of magical paintings all around her lair and why do the jiggy's fit in there? since when is grunty a fan of art?
8. Why did grunty hide the stop and swop eggs? did she want to swop them aswell (This might answer question 1).
9. Where does the battle with grunty take place in banjo kazooie? it looked alot bigger than the top of the tower, anyone with moonjump will know that the top of the tower really isnt very big.
10. why did grunty keep "Cheat Codes" in "Cheato" her "Spellbook" and since whe is grunty athletic enough to go and pound them out on a rather hard looking sandcastle.
11. One of gruntys quoutes "Your butt will tell you and you will know, when my boot swings two and fro." is incorrect because grunty doesnt wear boots.. but this might be a clue to beta where grunty mightve worn boots! or maby just put in to make it rhyme.
12. why does mumbo live in so many different places? and how does he know wich one your going to be in?
13. why do the jinjo's only fly away when you run into them? usually this would make one trip.
15. Why in the opening cutscene when you start a game in Banjo-tooie feature Hag1 surrounded by and full of green gas? Is this because blobbelda had beans for breakfast or is there somthing in there we dont know about?
18. How does kazooie carry all the blue and other typed of eggs? you'd expect her to be pretty fat with all those eggs in banjo tooie.
19.Why did bottles never mention Isle O Hags in Banjo Kazooie? He did live there after all.
20. What species is klungo? is he a big gruntling or a mutated potato chip or what?
21. Why does mingella have a spell to destroy rocks? thats not really somthing you do every day.
22. Grunty has alot of monsters, why diddnt klungo get them all together to try and move grunty's rock rather than standing there pushing it for 2 years?
24. why does grunty have a boat? i couldnt imagine her driving a boat when she has a broom to get around.
26. in banjo kazooie grunty's revenge they obviously went back 10,000 + years because grunty's lair wasnt built yet, Why go that far? (See number 6).
27. Where does grunty do her shopping? i've heard of a certain Saggy Maggy's Boutique but wheres that?
28. Where does Banjo do his shopping? i cant imagine Saggy Maggy's Boutique selling tight yellow shorts and blue backpacks.
29. why did grunty wait such a long time before sucking the beuty out of tooty? maby she was ay witchyworld with her sisters.
30. Why diddnt grunty kill banjo as soon as he went into her lair? a big fireball in the face shouldve done the trick.
1 There are theories that after putting a puzzle together, Banjo warps to another world. The Jiggies could be magical after all.
2 They probably didn't think of it. How oftern do you think about what your neighbors are up to?
3 Moles are blind, hence why he wears goggles. He probably didn't know where he was digging.
4 That Mingy Jongo theory was made up by Rare as a little joke.
5 Well they are sisters, besides Grunty didn't know she was gossiping about her until the quiz show.
6 If Jiggies are magical, they would be worth a lot. Who wouldn't want magical gold?
7 Maybe she uses them to warp to different worlds from time to time. There's a theory that MMM is Grunty's Vaction Home.
8 She may not even know they exist.
9 It's a videogame, of course the size of bulidings are distorted.
10 Witches. Spellbooks. Get the drift here?
11 They used it only to make it rhyme.
12 Foreclosure, I guess. He doesn't know when or where someone will meet him, that's impossible unless he's physic.
13 I think the manual says Grunty cursed them, so they couldn't move from their spot.
14 Most likely Rare made him big so it would be easy to reconize him amoung others.
15 Magical smoke/steam.
16 Genes passed down by her parents?
17 The same reason Celebs carry their dogs around.
18 Read the answer to #9 replace "buildings" with "clothing/accessories".
19 He probably doesn't need to. Isle O Hags refers to the whole Isle, as in island. Spiral Mountain is in Isle O Hogs.
20 I aways thought he was an ogre or goblin.
21 I'm sure there's a spell for everything.
22 Banjo-Kazooie killed all of them while heading up the lair.
23 Who knows?
24 It's unknown who owns it. There are some thoeries that say Captain Blackeye owns the RB.
25 It's her own, personal talent.
26 The game took place 2 months after Banjo-Kazooie, assuming in 1998. Banjo was sent back to the 70s if my memory serves, not too long ago.
27/28 That store was made by Rare as a refrence to Merry Maggie, it has no significant purpose.
29 She didn't know who Tooty was util the events of Banjo-Kazooie. Unlss you mean during gameplay, she probably wanted to tease Banjo.
30 Read the last part of the answer to # 29.

Whew. You're lucky I'm too nice. I'll do anything to get a good rep around here!

Old 10th April 2010, 06:27 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 5
Game On Reminiscence Rarity Achievement Unlocked INFECTED - B1K1 
Who honestly cares? It's a video game based around a freaking talking honey bear with a freaking bird in his backpack!!

Old 10th April 2010, 07:20 AM
Dingpot

I know the answer for all the questions: because its a videogame. No need for logic.

Old 10th April 2010, 07:48 PM
Most Creative Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Reminiscence Rarity 
Excellent questions that cannot be answered, due to Copyright infringements.

Old 10th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Because it is a video game.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 10th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I think the reason Grunty rhymes in Banjo-Kazooie is to fit with the fairy tale theme.

Old 10th April 2010, 08:27 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Fairytale theme?

The theme is DEMENTED TEDDYBEAR'S PICNIC

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 10th April 2010, 08:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
TRBB, I think you were able to answer all his questions, except you got 27/28 wrong. Saggy Maggy was the name of Grunty's closest friend in school, according to Brentilda. Also, Rainbow Jinjo? Wasn't that Andre's username for the John Boehner interview? Must be a bizarre coincidence.

Old 10th April 2010, 10:05 PM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowJinjo View Post

1.Why did grunty build her lair in spiral mountain and why did she create all these worlds in it and let all the nice people in like boggy and Mumbo
She's a witch. She probably has a witch family that has created or linked to these worlds. They may not have been her worlds, but she may have taken over them.

It was the cheapest option real estate wise.

Because he can secretly teleport but keeps it a secret so he builds these fake molehills so people think he has a large series of tunnels

He's egotistical so he crafted his face into magical items so they look like Mumbo Tokens

She's lurking in the lair. It's so big and has so little security that she can hide inside without getting caught

[b]She uses the Jiggies as a bunch of puzzles because she is easily bored. Because she's a witch she had a strong sudden urge to make them magical and linked them to the worlds.

[b]See Question 6 for the puzzle part, and Grunty has been a fan of art because she architected her own castle.

She didn't. They appeared there through the hands of L.O.G.

The same reason Treasure Trove Cove can fit inside a treasure chest. Magic.

She didn't. It was all the work of Cheato. He has two strong arms inside of his spellbook.

Grunty has invisible boots because she has a pathological urge to spell them.

[b]Same thing as Bottles with the teleports. He has an Instant-Build for his house, and he and Bottles have secret cameras installed in Banjo's backpack so they know he's there.

They are bound by Grunty's addiction to spells and need Banjo's witch-hating skills to free them.

Steroids.

Remember in the finale where Hag 1 used pink noxious gas? This is the same thing except green.

As a child she starred on the children's show LazyTown, which was terrible except for a song called "You are a Pirate" that was its only redeeming factor. Even then, Mingella messed up that song big-time.

To muffle the smell of her right armpit.

She borrowed her infinite-stomach from Kirby.

Because he's not very talkative and was determined to save Tooty and the task at hand.

Ogre. Or troll. Or gremlin.

In Banjo-Tooie it is. The amount of giant rocks that Kazooie has to Bill Drill in that game is ridiculous.

Because Klungo is ssstupid.

Shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero.

Because The Lonely Island's album Incredibad made her want to do a shot-for-shot remake of I'm on a Boat's music video. She also is a closeted Gilligan's Island and Lost fanatic and wants to find one of their islands.

If she doesn't rhyme, she dies. She didn't have to rhyme in Banjo-Tooie because she was already dead. In N&B she rhymed because she was too used to it.

They didn't, because Mumbo was alive, as was Jiggywiggy and Honey B.

Depends on the game file, Brentilda will gossip about where she shops I think.

He was born with his shorts and backpack. Everything else he owns is a life of pirating and fierce wars with the government.

Dingpot didn't tell her until Banjo-Kazooie's filming started for dramatic effect.

Because Grunty is ssstupid, Klungo says.

~RainbowJinjo~
Read bold.

Old 10th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooie View Post
Because The Lonely Island's album Incredibad made her want to do a shot-for-shot remake of I'm on a Boat's music video.
I've wanted to make this for a long time.

Old 10th April 2010, 11:36 PM

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
I've wanted to make this for a long time.
Haha. Are Grunty and RBB available for Garry's Mod? If they are we could do it.

Old 10th April 2010, 11:41 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
Haha. Are Grunty and RBB available for Garry's Mod? If they are we could do it.
I had an idea for Banjo and Kazooie on the Rusty Bucket and mabye Mumbo. Sadly, I lack Garry's Mod, or a capture card, or the means to record Tooie which could be useful.

Old 11th April 2010, 12:47 AM

Yeah I don't have a capture card or Garry's Mod. So we could just force someone else to do it.

User Tag List