Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 29th March 2009, 02:46 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
If you could design a challenge for the next game...

... what would it be? Personally, I'd design a challenge that's kind of like a mix of Heavy balls and Hairy Pits and Up to the Oche. Basicly, you'd grab some sort of object, then throw it to try to get it into one of many different score zones.

What challenge would you add?

Old 29th March 2009, 03:02 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
in Banjo Land there would be a character living somewhere with a tv set and an xbox saying "I spent all my money on this fancy new TV and Xbox, but I couldn't afford a game! Oh, why always me?!" Then you'd have to take a Grabbed by the Ghoulies from the garbage bin and bring it to him. And when you're done that, he should say like "Oh man, this game is great! The people who made this should really make a sequel!"

Old 29th March 2009, 02:13 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
No.

Challenges are the worst part of the game, I'm not spending time thinking up things I'd never want to play.

I want exploration.

Old 29th March 2009, 05:55 PM
Clanker

I'd personaly would like a challenge where you must fight the Greatest Evil of All (Platformer Style)...L.O.G.!

Old 29th March 2009, 08:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Make a super duper fast vehicle that must be VERY maneuverable, in a race, hosted by a yellow humanoid-bird

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 30th March 2009, 02:07 AM
Dingpot

If vehicles must remain part of the franchise, then I'd like to see the emphasis move away from restrictive challenges and more towards vehicles being blended in to exploration and have "challenges" integrated into the design of the world.

An example of a simple challenge would be this:

Say you have a switch, which can only be pressed down by a boulder. The boulder is suspended from the ceiling of the room/cave etc. To get the boulder down, you can construct a heavy vehicle that pounds the ground creating a tremor - the vibrations from which send the boulder crashing down. Or you could construct a vehicle that can spring into the air and fire something at the spring. There would be a multitude of ways to accomplish the task. The switch - when pressed - would then make a jiggy appear, ready to be collected in the traditional way. There would be no time limits, it would still allow you to exercise your creativity with vehicles and it would blend into the exploration element of the game.

That is the kind of "challenge" I want. "Challenges" that are integrated with the other aspects of the gameplay, not random standalone tasks that make poor use of the levels they're set in.

User Tag List