Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 31st August 2005, 10:25 PM
Dingpot

A Theory

I read somewhere in this forum some people were looking at the color of the text in the "view totals" screen in BK. Many people now know that the text changes to BLUE whenever you are in an area with a Stop n swop item in it. I have found out, that in all the levels with items in them have two places in the level where the the text changes to blue, the secret area and a normal place.

List of places:

TTC: Sharkfood Island--Main Level
FP: Wozza's Cave--Main Level
GV: Secret Tomb--main Level
MMM: Cellar--Church
CCW: Nabnuts House(Winter)--Loby Area

All these places except CCW, still have things you can do

TTC: fight with nipper
FP: Snowman buttons
GV: don't know
MMM: Organ
CCW: Nothing

Doing these things again in a different way may be legit ways of getting the items.

This is just something I noticed and i don't actually care if people reject this idea. It's just an Idea!

Old 31st August 2005, 10:31 PM
Bunnycomb

I wonder. Maybe someone with an item free cartrige could try playing the SNS song on the organ. Or possibly even another Rareware song.

Old 31st August 2005, 10:40 PM
Dingpot

Thing is, the organ only plays the chords that are playing in the music at the time. But there is still a chance something could be played. There is also the music book on the organ. my sister said its just the tune for the level.

Old 1st September 2005, 12:49 AM
Jinjo

Really? That's a nice touch... That organ isn't exactly right... it has a tendency to not change what note it'll play fast enough, creating a horrible sour chord with the background music

1949-2005

Old 1st September 2005, 01:09 AM
Retired

I'm not sure that the items would have been accessible without setting some switch in BT, and then returning to the BK, so for all of those levels with 'unknown', they ought to stay that way.

Old 1st September 2005, 08:21 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBreegull
I'm not sure that the items would have been accessible without setting some switch in BT, and then returning to the BK, so for all of those levels with 'unknown', they ought to stay that way.
Give that person a fish!

Of course the full SNS would require a switch from BT in order to acquie the items, but then again, it is also possible that cut scenes and so on are present in BK, ready for that BT switch (had it have been implimented). I know I am going off track, but thought I'd raise the point whils I could.

Old 2nd September 2005, 01:06 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
Give that person a fish!

Of course the full SNS would require a switch from BT in order to acquie the items, but then again, it is also possible that cut scenes and so on are present in BK, ready for that BT switch (had it have been implimented). I know I am going off track, but thought I'd raise the point whils I could.
Yuck, fish.

I'm saying, mrfleshcadge speaks like we could just go by any old time and do these challenges, and snatch SnS once and for all. Whether these challenges existed or not, however, I think that we would need to do BT first, set the switch into play, and then come back.

So, the challenges could be real (unlikely, though), but we'd need BT to make sure.