Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th April 2009, 09:27 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
A possible former connection?

Hey guys, I have what I think is actually a good theory on my brain............You guys wanna hear it?

Also, WARNING: If you don't think of DK's universe and the Marioverse as the same universe, the theory might not make sense to you...........Just so you know.

Old 10th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Don't post a topic without the point of the topic in your first post.

Old 10th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooie View Post
Don't post a topic without the point of the topic in your first post.
Right. I'll have to remember that, sorry.

Old 10th April 2009, 09:35 PM
Dingpot

POST THE THEORY ALREADY!

Old 10th April 2009, 09:41 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Firstly, welcome to the RWP. Secondly, don't leave us hanging and post the theory! But seriously, if you wish to post a topic, make sure you post what it is immediately. However, it will more than likely make sense to me, since I think Donkey Kong's, Mario's, and Banjo-Kazooie's worlds are comprised in the same overworld.

Old 10th April 2009, 09:53 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoLover50 View Post
POST THE THEORY ALREADY!
Very well.

What follows is a theory that I affectionately call "Stop n' Mario"

To start off this theory, let's time-travel back to Diddy Kong Racing. Now, I'm sure we all know Banjo was in that game. But more importantly, he was in DIDDY KONG RACING. Diddy Kong=Donkey Kong universe character, no? A while back, I found this theory(On Nsider, I think) that suggests that the Marioverse and Donkey Kong universe are the same universe(As stated in my earlier post). If said theory is correct, then DKR is the first of a few things that suggest that perhaps there was once a connection between the Banjo universe and the Marioverse. Now, another one of these things could be the Bonus Ring in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Now, if you look closely at the sprite for the Bonus Ring, one can tell that it kind of looks like a Hollow Honeycomb Piece. Yet again, a possible former connection suggested(Given that the game was released in the same year as Grunty's Revenge). Also, while I hate to mention GBTG here, the title seems to suggest a minor connection to Boos. And, this is probably minor, but..........The castle on L.O.G.'s tower. Come on, guys. It's probably just a reference, if anything, but..........Well, then again, the name of one of the same game's Achievements, "Super Banjo Universe", also is an OBVIOUS reference to Super Mario Galaxy. Also, our fellow RWP member Tooie recently contributed this to the theory(Thank you for the contribution, Tooie!): "Diddy was in a game with Banjo, DK was in a game with Diddy, Mario was in a game with DK, and lots of Nintendo universes are in Brawl with Mario and DK."
If anyone has anything to add to this theory, please post it here.

Last edited by gallantmon8; 12th April 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Old 10th April 2009, 09:55 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
Firstly, welcome to the RWP. Secondly, don't leave us hanging and post the theory! But seriously, if you wish to post a topic, make sure you post what it is immediately. However, it will more than likely make sense to me, since I think Donkey Kong's, Mario's, and Banjo-Kazooie's worlds are comprised in the same overworld.
Sorry for the double post, but I just did.....Oh, that's a great thing to add to the theory!

Old 10th April 2009, 10:00 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Interesting....original.....possible....it could be, who knows.

Old 10th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeckoman View Post
Interesting....original.....possible....it could be, who knows.
Thanks for your comment on my theory.

Old 11th April 2009, 01:37 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
For a new member, that was a fabulous and very elaborate theory. Kudos. I've reached the conclusion that Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie exist in the same universe. I'm unsure about Super Mario though, as it's been developed by Nintendo. My theory (I hate to bring my own into yours) is that Nintendo and Rareware's universe is comprised of overworlds within their game franchises. I'm sorry I have to say this, but I think the Super Mario universe doesn't count here.

Old 11th April 2009, 02:17 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
For a new member, that was a fabulous and very elaborate theory. Kudos. I've reached the conclusion that Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie exist in the same universe. I'm unsure about Super Mario though, as it's been developed by Nintendo. My theory (I hate to bring my own into yours) is that Nintendo and Rareware's universe is comprised of overworlds within their game franchises. I'm sorry I have to say this, but I think the Super Mario universe doesn't count here.
Exactly.

Old 11th April 2009, 02:38 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I am sorry but i think this theory is wrong (although i don't understand what you're theory is exactly)... it may be correct.. who knows.

Just because Rare made a 'spooky' game does not link it to a different games spooky character...

Old 11th April 2009, 02:40 AM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, I've thought about this, too. Actually, if you count Brawl, this really extends Banjo's connection.

Old 11th April 2009, 04:05 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooie View Post
Yeah, I've thought about this, too. Actually, if you count Brawl, this really extends Banjo's connection.
Brawl? How so?

Old 11th April 2009, 04:05 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyT94 View Post
I am sorry but i think this theory is wrong (although i don't understand what you're theory is exactly)... it may be correct.. who knows.

Just because Rare made a 'spooky' game does not link it to a different games spooky character...
I apologize for the double post.
See, that's why I didn't want to mention GBTG.