Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 29th April 2009, 04:31 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Mumbo Jumbo originally planned to be part of an alternate ending?

I was reading Banjo-Kazooie's instructions manual, and it said Mumbo Jumbo was, "A former teacher of Gruntilda's, this mysterious shaman was betrayed by his pupil before he could prevent her from putting his magic to bad use. The witch transformed Mumbo's face into a mask of horror to remain that way until the day she's overthrown...".

Could this have been a hint that once you beat the game and overthrew Gruntilda, Mumbo's face would be transformed back?

If not, then it must have just been something the writers wrote to make Mumbo have more story background.

Also, maybe RARE decided to change this because Grunty was never truly overthrown.

EDIT: An interesting fact that makes my theory a little more plausible is that there is an in-game picture of Mumbo in Mad Monster Mansion, among all of Gruntilda's closest underlings.

Last edited by Banjo-Korezooie; 29th April 2009 at 04:39 AM.

Old 29th April 2009, 04:36 AM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
It's like 1999 again.

I think they probably put all plot ideas in the manual. I guess it would've been too much to have a scene where Mumbo loses the mask, on top of the Tooty rescue, beach scene etc. Or maybe they just thought he'd look stupid for the sequel.

Old 29th April 2009, 04:42 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario View Post
It's like 1999 again.

I think they probably put all plot ideas in the manual. I guess it would've been too much to have a scene where Mumbo loses the mask, on top of the Tooty rescue, beach scene etc. Or maybe they just thought he'd look stupid for the sequel.
By that do you mean this is really old, since I'm getting it from the instructions manual it's so, I don't know, "low-tech", or it's so simple it feels like theories from 1999?

True, but man, I bet he looks like a Jinjo mixed with a Grublin under that thing..I KNOW IT!!

Old 29th April 2009, 04:49 AM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
Yeah, it's something we were discussing back in the early days.

If you have a mask interest. Check out this video. All the grublins had Mumbo masks.

Old 29th April 2009, 04:55 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario View Post
Yeah, it's something we were discussing back in the early days.

If you have a mask interest. Check out this video. All the grublins had Mumbo masks.
I see

Thanks, I was actually wondering what it would mean if they had masks too (maybe it just means everyone in Mumbo's Mountain did), but then I figured RARE probably didn't think that much about it. Anyways, I actually saw them in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bUPtzZ08o

(and in various beta screenshots) so it's nice to see them in movement again, I forgot where that video was. Thanks

EDIT: They have Mr. Vile's voice.

Last edited by Banjo-Korezooie; 29th April 2009 at 04:59 AM.

Old 29th April 2009, 06:16 AM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
in Banjo Kazooie he looked pretty creepy
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 29th April 2009, 07:24 AM
Dingpot

I think the idea for the mask removal was dropped because Rare just liked what he looked like with the mask. Plus, Grunty hasn't really been overthrown yet, she still seems to retain powers so she's still technically not yet overthrown.

Old 29th April 2009, 11:54 AM
Glowbo

Random Award 
"Also, maybe RARE decided to change this because Grunty was never truly overthrown"

Exactly. She never is defeated in any game because she returns all the time. Maybe she needs to die for her spell to be extinguished?
Geuss we will have to wait for Banjo-Fourie!

Last edited by Player911; 29th April 2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Man do I fail at qoutes....