Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 25th June 2006, 11:07 PM
Bunnycomb

Jiggies Theory

While most people try to solve SNS and Fungus Woods(I don't blame them), I'd also like to solve other tiny mysteries, the history of the Jiggies. Jiggies are so mysterious, why wouldn't I be curious about their past?

As we all know, Jiggies were first introduced in BK.. as the shape of golden jigsaw pieces, which was also their "longer" way of saying it. In BK:GR, Jiggy Wiggy says that the Jigsaw Peices are strange-token like items contaning powerful magic.

Now then, since Jiggy Wiggy was included in BK:GR, which is a game set in the past setting of the BK universe, I'll start from there. Jiggy Wiggy is a priest with a jiggy for a head. Jiggy Wiggy appears to "worship" these tokens for their magicful powers, all in a temple. Most jiggies are items, but Jiggy Wiggy is considered a human-being with a jiggy as the head. In BK, a jiggy was seen with eyes and talked to you, by moving it's body up and down. When we look at Jiggy Wiggy's face, it looks exactly like a jiggy turned slightly with no mouth and two eyes. Jiggy Wiggy talks by moving his head up and down, like a normal jiggy.

So wouldn't that mean that Jiggy Wiggy could be all-jiggy that has used magical powers to grow a human body? Who knows, that we'll never know. Moving on, jiggies could have been created by using magic.. or maybe jiggies are a natural item as in BT, there was a Jiggy stone which Mumbo had to crush to get the jiggy. Also, since we've seen jiggy's as crushed-up peices two times (BT and BK:GR), then it hints that jiggies are even more gem or rock like.

While Jiggy's do indeed have magical powers(as mentioned in the games), the only magical powers we've seen it have is to unlock extra levels. Starting with Spiral Mountain's past(BK:GR), there is a hint that Spiral Mountain was once much larger then it was in BK, with a Jiggy temple located in it. Something could had happened during the time when Grunty was building her lair there, causing Spiral Mountain to grow smaller, destroying the Jinjo Oracles, the "extra level" entries and of course the temple itself. Thus making Jiggy Wiggy having to move out, and since that was a very long time ago in Spiral Mountain's past, it could have given him time to build another temple in Wooded Hallow.

Jiggies appear to have two-ways to unlock new area's. 1)The Crystal Jiggy, in the past... it appears that you would revive an almost usless jiggy that acts like a key to get the crystal jiggy to work and unlock a nearby door. When Jiggy Wiggy moved the temple at Wooded Hallow, it appears that another crystal jiggy was build there to *lay down* on the ground instead of *stand up*, the two crystal jiggies are different because I can tell by how they unlock and their size. The way the newer crystal jiggy unlocks is if you play that puzzle mini-game, thus making the crystal jiggy fire a blast strong enough to unlock any nearby locked doors, but it appears that Jiggy Wiggy waves his hand as the jiggy gets ready to blast, perhapes helping the jiggy or completing the "test" gives Jiggy Wiggy the power to make the crystal jiggy fire away.

The second way to unlock was featured in BK, it appears that jiggy's can get around on their own. Perhapes Gruntilda had the power to "close doors" but the spells ended up making jigsaw puzzle to go with it, or jiggy's could have had the power to create those jigsaw puzzles on their own.

And finally, the last few parts of this discussion topic, in the past... the Jiggy Temple appeared to be protected by a jiggy switch, of course.. that meant that everyone could unlock the door. So in the BT time setting, perhapes Jiggy Wiggy had hired another person of his race to be the worthly doorman, keeping the temple alot more safe.

Done, discuss.

Old 26th June 2006, 12:06 AM
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_bear
While most people try to solve SNS and Fungus Woods.

what is Fungus Woods

Old 26th June 2006, 12:23 AM
Bunnycomb

A level that was removed from BK and made into a DK64 level, althrough.. people think there are still a few traces of Fungus Woods in BK.

Old 26th June 2006, 01:03 AM
Clanker

Isnt that like Fungus Forest.. You mentioned fungus woods on 2 topics already

Old 26th June 2006, 01:21 AM
Bunnycomb

Sorry, I forgot. >.>

But the main point of this post is the Jiggy theory of the BK Universe's jiggy history and past.

Old 26th June 2006, 01:27 AM
Clanker

ya im kinda an off topic person..

Old 26th June 2006, 01:31 AM
Glowbo

More importantly, who cares?

Old 26th June 2006, 01:54 AM
Bunnycomb

........ Well, I KNOW it isn't related to anything coding-related to the original game, but I did worked darn hard on it. >.>

Old 26th June 2006, 06:33 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
forgive them Cystal Bear. They did not see.

I can though see just how much work you really did put into this and I found it a rather enjoyable and interesting read. I've never thought of JiggyWiggy in that way before nor have I ever considered the fact the he was the same JiggyWiggy in GR and BT. I congratulate you on an outstanding job that was executed very well.

Old 26th June 2006, 08:48 PM
Bunnycomb

Thank you, I am happy to see someone that agree with me.

Old 28th June 2006, 11:22 PM
Grunty's Reject

Location: A Dark Cave in a volcano, guarded by 12 Ket-Zek... Come on in..
nice topic. although i cant asy i agree (there is nothing to agree with), but it is a nice piece of work.

Old 29th June 2006, 01:30 AM
veteran

I know what fungus Forest is, i was just saying, it's not Woods, its Forest