Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 26th October 2006, 09:22 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Rare about SNS

Here you are intresting stuff from Rare:

Banjo-Kazooie Rumour Mill 1998:

Q: So how do I reach the secret stuff that Mumbo shows me at the end of the game?
RARE: All the secret stuff can only be reached when playing Banjo-Tooie, the planned (and naturally better) sequel to Banjo-Kazooie. Whilst playing 'Tooie, you'll be able to come back to 'Kazooie and grab the hidden goodies, before spiriting them away into the sequel where they will be put to good use. To avoid accusations that we are nasty money-grabbing types who are forcing players to fork out for both games, these secrets won't be essential to completing Banjo-Tooie, but they will be rather spiffingly desirable, even if we say so ourselves.

Q: How do I get the ice key in Wozza's cave?
RARE: Contrary to the many hilarious and completely inaccurate methods that are circulating the net like a swarm of disease-ridden lying mosquitoes, there is no genuine way of getting this key until Banjo-Tooie makes its appearance.

Q: How do I get Sharkfood Island to rise?
RARE: See above, but replace the words "this key" with "into Sharkfood Island".

Q: How will Banjo-Tooie be compatible with Banjo-Kazooie? 64DD? Lock-on cartridge?
RARE: Mmm, good question. Unfortunately, if we revealed how we were going to do it at this point, it would spoil your future bear-type surprise and enjoyment. Which is a polite way of saying we're not going to answer this one.

Banjo-Tooie Tepid Seat Late 1999/Early 2000:

Q6: I see that certain features of Banjo-Kazooie can only be accessed by owning/playing (I'm not sure which) Banjo-Tooie, why did you do it? Surely people won't want to go back to Banjo-Kazooie after playing the sequel. (Mr. Tyrant)
RARE: Groan, you obviously haven't read the Banjo-Kazooie rumour mill yet, have you? Basically, there will be events that happen in 'Tooie which will enable you to gain access to the secrets in 'Kazooie. These secrets can then be used in 'Tooie.

Q12: I was wondering since you announced the existence of Banjo-Tooie in the ending of B-K, and several aspects of the sequel existed in the first game (the ice key, sharkfood island, etc.), has your freedom of development been limited by these stones already set in place in any way, or was the game already well underway at that point? (DasPoot@aol)
RARE: Nothing that was in B-K has limited our freedom in B-T. Some ideas for B-T existed towards the end of B-K's development, and the secrets were added in a way that we could access them cleverly (heh-heh, just you wait) from B-T.

Q14: In Mad Monster Mansion, there is a room with two pictures. One of Gruntilda, and one of this evil pirate bloke. What I want to know is: Will he be the next villain to face BK? Or is he somehow in league with Grunty? Is he mates with BK? Or is including his picture just arseing with my mind? (Chris Todd)
RARE: Well spotted sir! The evil pirate bloke has a mission and purpose all of his own, but this is neither the time nor place to reveal even the merest hint. You might learn more from a certain tavern in the near future...

Q18: On B-T, the ice key, Sharkfood Island, etc., will all be available. So, will it glitch or anything if we already have the ice key (via Gaeshark)? (Katy Brown)
A: If we can come up with a really spoilsporty-type plan, those Gameshark ice key grabbers might find that their prize possessions don't work! (Cue over the top laughter.)

Q31: Obviously aside from the ice key, Sharkfood Island, and desert door, are there any other places in B-K that are locked until B-T comes out? I'm thinking, maybe the closed barrel in the wine cellar in Mad Monster Mansion, or the two doors in the room with Grunty's transformation machine. (Josh Gelman)
RARE: Heh... heh... heh... keep on guessing... ho... ho... ho... all will be revealed... hee... hee... heee... Sorry about that, the simple answer is yes.

Scribes December 2000:

What the Conker happened with the B-K secrets? All we do to get them is find some bouncing cartridges? What happened to the mysterious B-K connection, eh?
RARE: Oh, err... how about 'no comment or I'll get the sack?

Scribes November 2001:

I recently saw a Banjo-Tooie montage, and I was wondering why there was a pic of a RED Bottles with a pitchfork in his hand, I have never seen him in the game, what exactly is it?
RARE: Ah, good. Start with a rubbish one
itis dEV1L #BOtTaLS!!1/! HEis in aSECrerT su#bGAEm cAlleD ,B0TalS rEViNGE!!!@!

Scribes August 2003:

RARE: The truth is out. The connection was abandoned because A TRAMP STOLE OUR EGGS.

Scribes November 2003:

As you know Grabbed by the Ghoulies has just been released and I must say it is a great game. However I am puzzled with one little bit. On a white board I've seen a homework assignment. It says: 1) Collect Secret Eggs, 2) Collect Ice Key, 3) Activate Secret Level. However in GBTG I haven't been able to find any secret eggs or an Ice Key. So here are my Questions:
1) Where do I get those secret Items?
2) What is the theme of this secret level? (Forest-like, snowy, etc...)
and
3) What are those pictures with the homework assignment of?
Thanks,
Gaming Master 2000
RARE: I suppose they think that's funny as well.

Grabbed by The Ghoulies Tepid Seat March 2004:

I wanted to know why is there this little door in the grand hall of Ghoulhaven Hall!!! Is it because you're stupid OR that you just wanted somebody to ask the question and laugh of him because he really thinks there's something inside? Anyway if there is a way to open it I THINK you just won't tell me because you did that with the other games.
René
RARE: I assume you mean the door in the bookcase. If you were a little more observant, you'd notice that this is the door that Cooper and Amber exit the Archives from in the animated Storybook at the end of Chapter 2.
Alternatively, if you are stupid enough to believe anything, then maybe the response from artist who modelled the grand hall will clear it all up: "Just tell him it leads to the 'stop-n-swap' room..."

Scribes March 2005:

Also, can you believe (and I'm serious; I don't think these people were joking), that some people actually decided to go look for BK3 in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, due to Mr. Mayles' crack about it? I mean, Stop N Swop was fun to look for, but really - can't we all move on?
RARE: No, I didn't expect anyone to look for BK3 in Ghoulies, but then again I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.

Scribes May 2005:

RARE: Either that or 'Ania' is the password you'll need to access a secret unlockable in the Stop 'n' Swap room. (I was told to say that. Don't hurt me.)

Scribes December 2005:

RARE: When we make sarcastic cracks about Stop 'n' Swap, then we're toying with your emotions - this is just business.

Scribes Febuary 2006:

Don't you think it's about time you let us know how Stop and Swop is going to be implemented into your new Banjo-Kazooie platforming game you have in development for the DS? Yes, I know what you're thinking: "Seven years and you haven't got over the damn thing?!" Well, no I have not, thank you. You see, we have been waiting all this time, and we know what you guys are up to (and by we, I mean every Rare fan) so why not let us know? Just a little hint maybe? You do know the DS has a slot for DS games AND GBA games and though I might seem oh so crazy, maybe you could port the original BK game on the GBA, make your new BK platforming game on the DS and use the GBA cartridge to transfer data between both games!! Yes! I am so excited! You could even put this news up in your "Upcoming Games" section! Who would have thought of that?
Now, you better make that Stop and Swop thing work or else I won't be getting Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo... well, the hell with it, I'll still get them but you better bring back Stop and Swop!
Well, looks like it's back to daydreaming for me... and don't think I'll forget you!
Eric Longval
RARE: Aw, that's sweet. We won't forget you either, Eric. Or your address, which we've just looked up during the trip to Homebase to buy a spanner to hit you with.
Back to the team for another weary reaction, I suppose: "If we told you all about Stop n’ Swap then it would spoil all the wonderful emails and fabricated ‘truths’ we see. So we're not going to say anything. Unless I start my version of Milliondollarhomepage.com where if one million people all give me $1 I will tell you all how Stop n’ Swap works. For that kind of money I may even announce when the next KI is coming out and send you a bonus selection of the hilarious, grammatically abhorrent hate mail we got (and still get) due to us leaving Nintendo. So ‘stop’ asking us this question and ‘swap’ it for another!

Last edited by BanjoPL; 28th October 2006 at 03:18 PM.

Old 26th October 2006, 09:40 AM
Glowbo

Maybe we should all boycat getting BK3 Untill Rare spills the beans about SNS

Old 27th October 2006, 06:08 AM
Glowbo

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
I dont think they are gonna say what sns is i think they will tease us or make the whole story based on sns but not say how to unlock it.

Old 27th October 2006, 07:34 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
If Rare revealed all, RWPF would see a massive decline in members

Old 27th October 2006, 04:16 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I updated this today with BK Rumour Mill and BT Tepid Seat stuffs!
And GBTG Tepid Seat!
I will search Rare site on www.archive.org!
If i will found something then i will post here!

Last edited by BanjoPL; 27th October 2006 at 04:41 PM.