Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd May 2007, 03:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Not animations. If you use an image mod and replace Banjo's image with that of another character that walks on 2 legs that has a gead. arms, feet, ect, it moves the same.

Think of them as puppets, with strings on them. Strings are on the same part of tyhe body, and thus they move the same.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 22nd May 2007, 03:58 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Yes, but the animations for executing Banjo-Tooie moves are not in Banjo-Kazooie and so would need to be carried over.

Old 22nd May 2007, 10:53 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
^Exactly.

Which im not sure the expansion pack would have enough room to do, but most likely. However, if we look at the Ice key text found in DK64, it shows that SNS would most likely already be on the other cartridge. The expansion back then would have just changed some triggers around and wallah! You've unlocked a secret prize or level. So...what im getting at is that SNS was never implemented in the first place. It was probably just a beta test for something that could have been. The whole deal with Rare releasing a patent relating to it is out of the question for me, but I know to my best knowledge, that there is nothing left to find in BK or BT. Maybe DK, but im sure someone would have found something in there after six years. But all the evidence points out that it most likely would have been with DK. (I.E. the color of the eggs matching the kongs, and the ice key text). Well, I guess there is nothing more for me to say on this.

[Edit] Actually there is one more part. The ending in banjo kazooie can be explained and has been many many times, it was a marketing plan to get people to buy the next game. They were just using the resources they had and putting them to good use instead of leaving them in there. If the eggs hadn't been used for that, im not sure they would still be in the game...

[Edit] Okay and then we got the base egg in Banjo Tooie right? I dont know what that is all about, but It seems like Rare was probably going to use the original egg graphics at first, but then decided that the smaller eggs would be more reasonable, plus they wanted them to match the graphics of Tooie.

Last edited by runehero123; 22nd May 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Old 23rd May 2007, 09:28 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Stop it with stop and swap. The only way that it would be at all possiable is with a beta banjo tooie cartridge and a pre 1999 n64.

Old 23rd May 2007, 05:51 PM
Clanker

Guys, there is no reason why Rare couldn't transfer extra moves from BT to BK. You've said an N64 game wouldn't be able to expect a patch - it would if Rare programmed BK to be do just that! Rare's patent says that the Swop method would be able to transfer 3D models, sound effects, text, tables of attributes, pretty much anything from one game to another. Why couldn't BT send the data for Grenade Egg firing to BK? Sounds at least reasonable to me (but then again, I've no idea how BK was programmed).

And by the way with respect to the Sonic 2/Sonic and Knuckles thing, if I recall the data for Knuckles was actually stored on a hidden extra ROM chip inside the S2 game cart and the S&K cart simply activated it along with the usual ROM when run, it didn't actually 'transfer' anything at all. This is from memory though so I may be wrong about that.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums

Old 23rd May 2007, 06:12 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
I always thought S&K fed the new data into Sonic 2 simply because I can't imagine SEGA predicting that Sonic 3 wouldn't make its scheduled launch date years later and would have to be sliced in half via Lock-On cartridge, I don't think Knuckles was even a character at that point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Although some fans believe that Sonic 2 was created with foreknowledge that such an add-on device would be made later, this is incorrect. The Sonic & Knuckles cartridge basically patches new data into the Sonic 2 ROM, and as many hackers have proven, no previous knowledge of such a patch is required to implement it.
Then again it is wikipedia, there must be a better source out there...regardless even if it was hidden away in the Sonic 2 circuitry, that by no means says it couldn't work ^ that way. I'm sure Rareware must've considered using lock-on technology sometime, if only in passing... [face_thinking]

It's all moot anyway, BT came out as a regular cartridge in the end.

Old 23rd May 2007, 08:10 PM
Clanker

Oh, sorry. After doing some re-reading it seems that Sonic & Knuckles had the hidden ROM data, not Sonic 2. I remembered it wrong.

There was a great article on the technology of the Sonic lock-on I read the other day that I can NOT find now. Gah!

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums