Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th July 2006, 04:26 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
You know, I'm very sure of myself that this has been brought up many times throughout the life of this thread, but here's something to think about:

We know how to "activate" the Seagull sounds in Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Also, Rare has hinted to us that there is something significant about the sounds of Seagulls there, only after the explosion of a Clockwork Kazooie Egg. Perhaps there is another part to a "sequence" that must take place next. However the next part only works after the Seagulls have been activated. For example: playing a different song, shooting a different kind of egg into the bar somewhere. Keep in mind that something like this would only work after the Seagull music has been activated, and is playing. Something like this could be worth some testing. Afterall, we have found no significance to it thus far; other than the idea that it's a glitch. ...and we know it's not only a glitch.

Old 19th July 2006, 08:28 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Well, how was the first "glitch" discovered? Was someone really just doing random things like play songs on the jukebox then shoot an egg and blow it up just for the heck of it? Or was it discovered with hacking?

But yeah, we should experiment. THere is definitely more to be solved here. ALong with Jiggywiggy's super special challenge, and challenge 16, and stop and swop....

Old 19th July 2006, 09:23 PM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, Dmoss, a while ago some of us tried Coldswapping after performing the seagull music and Banjo-Kazooie glitched up at the start. I say hotswapping there is worth a shot.

Old 19th July 2006, 11:27 PM

RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Banjo-Kazooie seems to work through sequences, and I have a feeling that there are still at least two other actions to perform after you activate the seagull music. i.e.: Attempt playing certain songs after the Seagull music is activated...then, trying shooting another CWK Egg in the same area...? It's worth a shot...

Old 19th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Jinjo

well u can scratch out playin the other jrl songs and then shootin more cwk eggs. i tried that in multiple orders and nothin happend

Old 19th July 2006, 11:50 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
And here you thought at this time it would be impossible for someone new to post here after reading the entire thread...

Well, probably. But I read the whole thread.

And have forgotten over half of everything. But I'll try to throw in my 2 cents. Or something like that...

Anyway, it seems you're all close to solving it, but that may not be true. Perhaps you're not even close. Perhaps you're in the middle. But the point remains, you're somewhere.

And although you don't need any theories on how to get Stop 'n' Swop (or maybe you do), I've thought of some stuff... kinda pointless, but for starters, maybe the Ice Key is just the key to Wozza's garage or something. Ok, but seriously, someone said a while ago something about the Sandcastle Code for the Ice Key talking about it being for free, and although that may just be a way to get it to rhyme, you DO have a couple Doubloons left over. Maybe you have to Swop the Doubloons! Maybe Swop the 2 Doubloons for the 2 Jiggies, I dunno...

But wait, there's more! First, there was a line of text that said "Shouldn't Be here Jinjo House", right? Probably the Gray Jinjo House, perhaps at first there was Gray Jinjos but then there was already enough Jinjos so I dunno. And wasn't there another line of text that said Glowbo Cave? Could it be that it's merely reffering to the cave where you get the Mega Glowbo?

Then there's the Jiggywiggy challenge 16 for 128 Jiggies. Well, 16 goes into 128 8 times, and 8 is the number of levels in BT (unless there's a secret level). That was kinda pointless. Also 16 and 128 are both in the "2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128". Just noticing that... Oh, by the way, what's with that Chosen One Y thing I've heard about? Anyone know where that came from?

Well, I'm about done talking... er, typing. I can't really help a whole lot because I know nothing about hacking and I don't have a GS or AR or any of that because I don't like using them and I don't even have BK or BT. I always rented them... I have BK: GR though. >_>

Oh yeah, something else about the seagull thing. Maybe it really is just a random glitch. Rare already says and puts enough stuff around that is either a hint or to throw people off track, and they never went right out and said that it isn't a glitch, so... that's all I can think of.

Old 19th July 2006, 11:52 PM

My personal main point is to try it after you have activated the Seagulls. Otherwise, it would defeat the purpose of a sequence. You know, here's an example:
  1. Activate the Seagull Track.
  2. Try playing another song and shooting a CWK Egg nearby.
  3. If it doesn't work, activate Seagull Track again.
  4. Try a different song, now.
  5. If it doesn't work, activate the Seagull Track, yet again.
Continue this order until you get bored.

Last edited by dmoss; 19th July 2006 at 11:57 PM.

Old 19th July 2006, 11:57 PM
Jinjo

i really dont think that the seagulls theme would be a glitch. just listen to it. it sounds like a perfectly normal song like it was meant to be in the game. it just has to be there for a reason

Old 20th July 2006, 12:00 AM

I don't think we're on the same wavelengths here, Ultra...

I don't think that the Seagull Track is a glitch, either. A while back, Rareware even said that they were appaled that anyone would call it a glitch. Therefore, it's not a glitch.

Old 20th July 2006, 12:02 AM
Jinjo

lol no i was talkin about topmonhit. i know wut ur sayin dmoss

Old 20th July 2006, 12:05 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, I know they said that, but they didn't go right out and say it wasn't a glitch.

By saying they're appaled that it was called a glitch, they could be saying they're appaled that anyone would think that a game made by such a great company could have any glitches. Like a joke.

Just like the GBTG blackboard. Is it a hint, or are they just messing with us? I myself have never tried the seagull thing, so I don't really know. I'm just thinking of all the possibilities.

Old 20th July 2006, 12:07 AM
Jinjo

ya u gota point. o well someone will figure it out soon enough

Old 20th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, I guess this is worth mentioning... Clockwork Kazooie can work the Jukebox. He can't talk to anybody, he can't use Warp Pads or Silos, so why should he be able to use the Jukebox?

Old 20th July 2006, 12:24 AM
Jinjo

o ya.. and it doesnt work if u use a cwk egg to use the jukebox and then go blow it up behind blackeye. there be no seagulls

Old 20th July 2006, 01:56 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
here is what i think:

has anyone noticed how the treasure chests near blackeye look suspiciously similar to the entrance to ttc?
i think that we were originally suposed to open the treasure chest and when we did, we would jump inside and activate some sort of sns screen. if it was successful banjo would warp into ttc where the island would be raised and we could get the egg
i also think something like this may have involve the quagmire door as well
i don't really have any ideas on how the other items would have been activated though

this is just my thought on it and i am sorry if somebody came up with this before me, i don't read every single post
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo