Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd July 2006, 08:49 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Let's see, the 8 levels in BT, then there was a puzzle to open Cauldron Keep, and wasn't there a puzzle to open up the room with the BOB or whatever? (I can't remember, I used the cheat to open all the levels in BT when I rented it...)

And that could be something like that. Or, since you get 2 eggs in BT, maybe you would get the 4 other eggs and Ice Key (whether it's another one, such as the one from BK, or if it's how the Ice Key was going to be gotten originally) and the 16th challenge would be what you must do to make the eggs and key activate or something.

Or, it might have nothing to do with SNS and challenges 1-16 gave you codes like the ones Bottles' gives you in his puzzle challenges...

Speaking of which, do the codes appear in the memory or whatever where the other Sandcastle codes can be found before you complete Bottles' puzzle challenges? Because like MMM's cellar Barrel Green Egg, the area in the barrel doesn't actually appear until you activate the code. If Bottles' codes are similar to that and they don't appear then maybe there are more codes to be found... of course, I may just be confusing everyone because I don't know anything about hacking and the green egg area probably appears in the memory just not in the game so yeah ignore this paragraph if you dare.

Old 23rd July 2006, 09:06 PM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Remember the text on Blackeye's hat? Well, I noticed that you can see them on the back of his hat as well, only it's backwards. It looks like "midT *something*"

Old 23rd July 2006, 11:07 PM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Sorry 'bout the double post, but this could be a pretty big discovery. The second word (first if you look at the front of him) looks like Buk. Buk is the Polish word for King. The T in the midT I mentioned before could be an I. Thus making it Midi King.

Midi King is a website that sells Midis and MP3s. I doubted I'd get anything from it, but I decided to search for Blackeye. I found three Irish Traditional songs. Two of which were Jigs and Blackeyed Sailor.

Coincidence?

Old 23rd July 2006, 11:10 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Coincidence?
Oh, I think not.

Seriously, though, good sleuthing on your part! Never know...have you listened to the songs, yet? Maybe you can hear something in them...about a bird, maybe? HeeHeeHee...we're getting way off of the beaten path, now!
---
EDIT: Holy crap! 3,000th post!

Last edited by dmoss; 24th July 2006 at 12:03 AM.

Old 23rd July 2006, 11:18 PM
Glowbo

What????

Gettin' Jiggy With It!

Old 23rd July 2006, 11:27 PM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
To prevent VG from cueing the angry mob, I'll say he helped a lot with that. There. You happy, single poster?

*cough*

Anyways, I can't listen to the MIDIs without buying them. But if this isn't related to SNS in any way (which it probably isn't), that's where Blackeye probably got his name.

Old 24th July 2006, 01:19 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I figure Blackeye got his name from Blackbeard, and since a Black Eye is... something where someone has an injured eye or something (I dunno) they did that as some weird pun or joke or something.

...just like how I have a character I made called Pinkeye. >_>

But this is ophph topic.

Old 24th July 2006, 01:49 AM
Glowbo

I was thinking... maybe the things in the pictures shown ARNT required? Just thought that this might lead somewhere

Old 24th July 2006, 04:47 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I'll get the 3000th, you see if I don't.
hahaha... I remember that from a while ago... Looks like Dmoss beat ya to it

Old 24th July 2006, 12:21 PM
Jinjo

If someone can hack the GS code for challenge 16 why can't someone find out how to get challenge 11?

Old 24th July 2006, 09:22 PM
Most Annoying Member

This is the biggest, longest, and ultimately popular stickied topic about SNS in the universe,
Anyway, everyone knows that one item in the game activates JWC16.
It has to be something not thought of yet, maybe a button code, activates a secret BT debug, where you can program the game, make your own levels, etc.

Old 25th July 2006, 01:10 AM
Glowbo

Hi guys...I didn't came here for a while and I just want to know the last news about the SnS...I know that some of you are talking about JukeBox, Seagull Musics, Black Eyes, but I don't understand anything about that, if someone could explain...

Oh by the way, someone already said it but when I listen the JukeBox as "robot kazooie" (if I can call it like that) and listen the track "Shopping around the town", the music stop after a while...It's the only one to do that...Whatever.

EDIT : I just want to know something...on the SnS team forum there was someone that found how to make play the TTC from BK music in JRL...He said that if we play SaT Town Aquatic, SaT etc. then shouting a clock egg in the center of TTC picture then explode behind the chest, we could hear it...I tried, but what I heard was the outside theme (the main lagoon theme, outside of shops) and hearing Seagulls...Is it what you're talking about?

Last edited by Isaac; 25th July 2006 at 03:37 AM.

Old 25th July 2006, 09:00 AM
The Hero of the Hour

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Where can you get a gameshark from?

Old 25th July 2006, 03:57 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyDark
This is the biggest, longest, and ultimately popular stickied topic about SNS in the universe,
Anyway, everyone knows that one item in the game activates JWC16.
It has to be something not thought of yet, maybe a button code, activates a secret BT debug, where you can program the game, make your own levels, etc.
Yes your right something activates challenge 16 but what about 11?? and all the others...if the game is really programed for us to play those challenge...we will unlock challenge 11 before 16...or prehaps theres just challenge 16 left because they didnt delete it.But can someone try to find a way to hack tooie...and try to find text or somehting about other challenges.

Old 25th July 2006, 05:02 PM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac
Hi guys...I didn't came here for a while and I just want to know the last news about the SnS...I know that some of you are talking about JukeBox, Seagull Musics, Black Eyes, but I don't understand anything about that, if someone could explain...
Listen to the Jukebox's Shopping Around Town theme and blow up Clockwork Kazooie in Blackeye's room. Oh yeah, and if you cold swap after doing so, Banjo-Kazooie's intro will mess up. And it only works once.

Quote:
Oh by the way, someone already said it but when I listen the JukeBox as "robot kazooie" (if I can call it like that) and listen the track "Shopping around the town", the music stop after a while...It's the only one to do that...Whatever.
Interesting. Someone should try listening through it the whole way and then doing what I stated above.

Quote:
EDIT : I just want to know something...on the SnS team forum there was someone that found how to make play the TTC from BK music in JRL...He said that if we play SaT Town Aquatic, SaT etc. then shouting a clock egg in the center of TTC picture then explode behind the chest, we could hear it...I tried, but what I heard was the outside theme (the main lagoon theme, outside of shops) and hearing Seagulls...Is it what you're talking about?
Yeah. I think it's the same seagulls that play when you're near the top of Treasure Trove Cove.