Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 1st May 2007, 12:45 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon
good work rune i commend you on your excellent work.
I second that. Excellent job.

Old 3rd May 2007, 02:12 PM
Jinjo

now then , everyone, i think we should being working on reserching the eggs data, there must be a code in there programming to tell us what they were supposedto do, or prehapes if we can find the code, attached the the " open egg areas " codes, prehapes we can find the laction of the origonal event triggers. any thoughts?

Old 3rd May 2007, 02:36 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
I've been doing some stuff.
I found an interesting code that does NOTHING.
I mean nothing at all. But it probably does something to SOMETHING SOMEWHERE, but i've yet to find out what.
The code: 01234567 89AB

Old 3rd May 2007, 02:44 PM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
This was when I was altering the value for the Myster Items Code in the PJ64 Cheats list. I noticed when I input different combinations of numbers the eggs were altered as well as there positions.

81283400 XXYY

I noticed that whe I entered a code unlocking the item into the sandcastle the last X digit changed to 1. When I collected the Item (In this case the Ice Key, the YY value changed to 04. If I changed the 04 to 08, the Ice Key would disappear and the Cyan Egg would appear. The first X values seem to correspond to the Base Egg (Yellow) when changed to F. and if different numbers are put in, different eggs are displayed. Also I can't remember, but Were there meant to be gaps between the eggs? I remember when I first collected the eggs no matter which Eggs I collected, they were pushed together. When I alter the values in this code The eggs go to a designated position. Fore example. Type this code in
81283400 0324

Notice that there is a prominent gap between the Yellow egg and the blue egg.

Last edited by Airman; 3rd May 2007 at 02:49 PM.

Old 7th May 2007, 01:57 PM
Jinjo

excellent job very very well done keep digging into this and see if theres more behind it, preticularly, the combinations, if the cyan egg appeared when the ice key was gone then you my freind may have found the first too in the order to collect them naturally

Old 7th May 2007, 04:50 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Sorry, I was sick for like the past week. However I will have a look into Airmans code, and try to figure out what it is. My guess is that its some kind of position/color/image modifier for the eggs displayed to the sns menu.

Old 9th May 2007, 08:13 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Sorry i havnt been here guys,keep up the good work ill start helping a bit later

Old 10th May 2007, 01:01 PM
Jinjo

I'm in on the condition that this thread actually FOCUSES.
The majority of the last fifty-odd pages is people saying they want to join the search for the twilight, listing their roms etc etc.
IMO it's better off not saying that stuff and just posting about things involving theories, discoveries and facts.

I'm focusing on the DK rom, seeing as no one else is. Gonna have a look around through the text again for anything we've missed and play around with the walk in cutscenes code if someone can find it for me.

- - Blood

Old 10th May 2007, 02:00 PM
Jinjo

Good idea Blood let me knwo what you find.

Old 10th May 2007, 10:34 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodXP
I'm in on the condition that this thread actually FOCUSES.
The majority of the last fifty-odd pages is people saying they want to join the search for the twilight, listing their roms etc etc.
IMO it's better off not saying that stuff and just posting about things involving theories, discoveries and facts.

I'm focusing on the DK rom, seeing as no one else is. Gonna have a look around through the text again for anything we've missed and play around with the walk in cutscenes code if someone can find it for me.

- - Blood
Of course we also focus on DK64. The evidence is there that the ice key was going to be used in that game. We just have to find out where...

Old 10th May 2007, 11:10 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I haven't really gotten into this thread before, but if you are still talking about banjo-tooie i can help. I probably spend more time playing around with banjo-tooie than anyone here.

Old 11th May 2007, 12:52 PM
Jinjo

Hmm I just did a bit of a free-look around DK64 and honestly i have no idea where to start. Game is alot bigger than i thought

Has anyone spotted anything suspicous or am i gonna have to play the game through?

- - Blood

Old 11th May 2007, 10:13 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I always thought this place was suspicous :

You know in that castle level i forgot its name.Where Tiny does that racing game,theres a warp for her and it just leds to this pillar type thing and just a group of bananas.Like whats the point of that place,just for a few bananas..

Old 15th May 2007, 09:41 PM
Jinjo

I just read everything after looking up zelda stuff and formulated a plan.
If someone who can hack made a "Beta Quest" mode where we could walk through cutscenes in DK, BK, and BT, we might find more stuff related to the SNS items. By the way..... I may or may not join the Twighlight Bregade because I can't think of anything else to add.

Old 16th May 2007, 09:07 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by collecter
I just read everything after looking up zelda stuff and formulated a plan.
If someone who can hack made a "Beta Quest" mode where we could walk through cutscenes in DK, BK, and BT, we might find more stuff related to the SNS items. By the way..... I may or may not join the Twighlight Bregade because I can't think of anything else to add.
Not as simple as that. The only reason that beta quest worked is because of Zelda's unique interface, I'm pretty sure it's the only game in which a scenario like that can be replicated. Although, if you want to walk around in cutscenes search for a code and knock yourself out, but it will just be banjo in a cut scenee, none of the 'Beta Quest' stuff.

- - Blood

Tags
hacking