Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 21st April 2020, 01:51 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
World of Horror looks real cool. Apparently it's still pretty early in early access though.

Old 22nd April 2020, 04:36 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
You can now effectively publish your own Mario game in Super Mario Maker 2. Overworld editor got added, which lets you upload up to 8 worlds as one super world, each one with a max of 5 courses. I think we'll see a resurgence of traditional style levels with hidden coins and 1-up rewards.

Old 27th April 2020, 07:18 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I didn't realize the Xenoblade remake was coming out so soon. It's a fantastic RPG with some really likable characters and some hype moments. It's got MMO-styled combat, but I think it handles it pretty well, with each character having their own play style. There are a ton of ways to approach combat. I recommend giving it a shot if you missed out on its Wii or 3DS release.

Holy mother of god what an improvement

Last edited by Solid Snix; 27th April 2020 at 07:56 PM.

Old 27th April 2020, 11:24 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I have not played in a very long time but I would def be down to face off in Marvel 3

Old 28th April 2020, 12:17 AM
🌙

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
^seconded

im only 2 days in and i dont know what the h*ck im doing but
i can faceroll with dante/vergil
and it's very fun

Old 28th April 2020, 12:41 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
been playing through the silver case, pretty slow vn that kinda lacks some qol stuff even with the improvements made in the remake but it's interesting how much later grasshopper games like killer7 and no more heroes are built on the same core themes despite going in totally different directions with how they approach them, i haven't read the new chapters they added in the remake yet but the original game ending is cool. it's also nice reading some shorter vns after reading the entirety of higurashi and umineko in the span of a few months each

also been playing armored core and replaying we love katamari, the ps1 armored core games are fun but i don't think i'd rec them to anyone cause they're so clunky. we love katamari otoh i wish they'd remaster already it holds up perfect. looking forward to them releasing mr driller drill land in english at least for another cool old namco game that's gotten a lot less exposure

Old 2nd May 2020, 07:25 AM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Soon I will be playing this

Old 3rd May 2020, 05:57 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I got my mom a really nice tv, that I also decided to game on. I broke my oaths of waiting for a price drop and waiting for a pc release for Persona 5 Royal and Final Fantasy VIIR respectively.

It’s kind of funny coming back to P5 two years later. The game... really doesn’t trust the player to understand anything. Kamoshida being the king of the castle is not a difficult metaphore to understand. Morgana explains what that means like five times.

There's also a scene where you get an animated flashback of why Joker got arrested the first time. Gets the message across.
Then Sojiro then explains to Joker in great detail why Joker got arrested the first time. I absolutely 100% understand.
Then you ****ing play Joker getting arrested for the first time in a dream sequence.

Nothing is approached with any sense of tact or subtlety. But that would require Persona 5 to be a game with nuance. I’m not finding myself mad about it though. It’s just making me chuckle. It's a little endearing.

It thinks it has these really deep ideas. NPCs say the economy sucks but the game doesn't explore why. It shows a corrupt police force and leaves it at "some cops are bad I guess." Shido is this big evil government official who doesn't actually have any policies and is just there to be taken down.

It's so juvenile and surface-level. Granted, I do like some of the game’s concepts, and the gameplay is still fun. I think I’m just happy I’ve grown enough to see the faults from a series I’ve held such reverence for.

Also uh does Royal’s movement feel sluggish? I thought it was input lag from the tv, but FFIIVR feels great. Cloud moves pretty much instantly. Joker is taking a half-second to move. I don't remember the original release feeling like this.

Anyway, FFVIIR’s opening cinematic just about made me cry. It’s really pretty. It sounds really pretty. Also, I love the combat so far.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 3rd May 2020 at 06:28 AM.

Old 3rd May 2020, 08:45 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

flower, sun and rain is a game where one chapter is just nearly an hour of walking and the only reason it isn't a full hour is because halfway through mondo gets tired of walking and starts stealing a guy's bicycle

also every major plot beat relies on the player having played a visual novel that didn't get released in english until seven years later. hell of a game

Old 7th May 2020, 12:38 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Geese Howard is going to fight Stone Cold Steve Austin

Old 7th May 2020, 01:50 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

replaying killer7 and it's funny how confusing people find its writing when it's honestly one of the more direct suda scripts. it's just that it's very direct about how politics are a nightmare realm and the world melts people's understanding of personal identity

compared to flower sun and rain it's honestly super tight and focused

Old 7th May 2020, 04:17 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
i still haven't given killer7 a serious try and i dunno why!! gotta do it soon

cannot BELIEVE kof x wwe exists in any way, shape, or form

(all i've been playing is 3S Yun and Alpha Sapphire)
if you're okay with playing on pc the pc version of killer7 has some really good qol improvements, been playing it with a dualshock 4 so i can map the shortcuts for all the different smiths to swipes on the touch pad and with that and being able to heal damage with the left shoulder button there's way less menuing breaking up the pace of the gameplay

i wish they'd port it to switch or ps4 or something, there's no real reason not to and it'd be nice to make the updated version more accessible. best pc port of a gamecube game since ty the tasmanian tiger

Old 8th May 2020, 08:10 PM
Chasing Childhood

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Airplane View Post
Soon I will be playing this

I have been eyeing this off for years but never had the motivation or means to try and emulate playstation. Very interested in exploring the surreality of that world. I was recently introduced to 0N0W and think it occupies a very similar space.

Hot gawd damn KoF x WWE is a new level of bizarroworld. I'm cautiously optimistic we will get a solid 2D fighter featuring superstars but can see it being more in the range of WWE AllStars. Also still waiting for Spike Chunsoft to announce a port of Fire Pro Wrestling World for the Switch, need all the workrate in my video games ASAP.

They/Them

Last edited by Mr/Sir Norris; 8th May 2020 at 08:12 PM.

Old 10th May 2020, 09:28 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

The Silver Case, a Suda51 game and the first in a series connected to Flower, Sun and Rain, Killer7 and No More Heroes. Came out in Japan on the PS1 in 1999. It got a remake a few years back that was localized and ported to PC and PS4.

Edit: so there's a link here.

Unsurprisingly, putting it in your browser leads to the official website for the game. But there's another strange link on the site.

wtf

edit 2

Last edited by Solid Snix; 10th May 2020 at 09:58 PM.

Old 11th May 2020, 02:22 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I finally beat Dark Souls III the other day after putting off the final boss for weeks now, ultimately going back and beating Nameless King and then coming back to find the last boss substantially easier as a result. After finishing the Dark Souls trilogy I now have no excuse to not get back to Sekiro, it's just taking me a while to get the hang of. Literally everyone is gonna be ****ed with dragonrot by the time I'm finished.

User Tag List