Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th September 2020, 05:03 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Replaying Area 51: Infiltration so many times wouldn't be so bad if the air intercept radar alarm wasn't louder than my smoke detector.

Old 11th September 2020, 01:55 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
New Hyrule Warriors got me in the mood to play BotW again. But this time I decided to emulate the Wii U version on Cemu. It runs like an absolute dream. I've got it in 2k resolution at 144 fps and it runs better than some actual PC ports. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to cap it down to 60 because higher framerates **** with the physics.

Old 12th September 2020, 11:39 PM
Dingpot

I swear the GC controller is one of the best designed controllers I've ever used. For certain games it beats the 360 controller

Old 13th September 2020, 12:05 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Since there's a ton of new Switch games coming in the near future, I decided to finally play all the Switch games I've bought over the past three years but didn't actually have the time or motivation to play.

I finished Luigi's Mansion 3 a couple days ago (it was great). Now I'm playing Mega Man 11 (beat Block Man and Acid Man) and I think tonight I'll give Captain Toad a spin. After that, I have the Link's Awakening remake and Kirby Star Allies.

Oh, and I never actually finished Breath of the Wild. I should do that too, at some point.

Old 13th September 2020, 07:41 AM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Finally getting around to Red Dead Redemption 2, after years of assuming it wasn't for me. This game is incredible. The landscapes are so pretty, the writing is incredible, it's just a fun chill time.

Old 13th September 2020, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itxi View Post
I swear the GC controller is one of the best designed controllers I've ever used. For certain games it beats the 360 controller
GC and 360 also my two favourites. The issue with the Hori-Nintendo "GC-shaped Switch controllers" is that they have no rumble (it's wired so I'm not sure why) so the pad feels a bit too light - then the shoulder triggers have digital inputs whereas a real GC controller has analogue. And the Z button(s) don't have the same delicious click to them that a real GC controller has.

But the overall shape and feel is the same, and again it's great to play new games using a (mostly) GC pad. The biggest upgrade from an actual GC controller is both sticks are now button presses. That's a satisfying feeling

Old 14th September 2020, 03:31 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 

Old 14th September 2020, 07:00 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
GC and 360 also my two favourites. The issue with the Hori-Nintendo "GC-shaped Switch controllers" is that they have no rumble (it's wired so I'm not sure why) so the pad feels a bit too light - then the shoulder triggers have digital inputs whereas a real GC controller has analogue. And the Z button(s) don't have the same delicious click to them that a real GC controller has.

But the overall shape and feel is the same, and again it's great to play new games using a (mostly) GC pad. The biggest upgrade from an actual GC controller is both sticks are now button presses. That's a satisfying feeling
Whilst the extra joystick buttons are nice it's a little disappointing to hear that the controllers have features like that removed, especially the analogue shoulders. I saved for a wavebird back in the day which I still use, so the lack of rumble wouldn't bother me. I can totally get behind them feeling a bit cheap if they're so light though.

Also, picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii again. I love the exploration aspects and with the Wii HDMI adapter the graphics are passable if a little dated.

The only issue I have with it is how the gameplay loop slows to a crawl the first time you enter any new area. Normally I've fought loads of enemies whilst getting there and I then get a quest to go out and kill X more of them, then a quest to go kill a special boss who only appears on a full moon after a solar eclipse, which just happened and I killed them already but it didn't count because it was before I got the quest, so now I need to wait for that to happen again.

Love the voice acting though

Old 16th September 2020, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

I beat Psycho Soldier (arcade ver.) last night

Old 16th September 2020, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

I used 28 credits in doing it ( ' -_- )

I don't know if you ever tried playing Athena itself... I tried it first and definitely do not have the patience for that

Old 16th September 2020, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

It's great you came across it in that way. The DS is the console I always associate with speculatively browsing the import store for and picking up stuff I didn't know existed or wasn't going to be out in Europe for months (or ever). It's hard to get that element of mystery and surprise anymore

Magician's Quest was "Konami Animal Crossing" and Solatorobo was "furry 3D DS RPG"

Old 16th September 2020, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

As you mention checking prices: I would also unfortunately never buy a DS game in 2020 because of fakes... SD card is the only way forward

Old 18th September 2020, 04:20 AM
Formerly Chilli

Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I got the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 remake, and it plays so great. I'm super rusty at these, however, as my true skating skill came from THUG+. I never liked the time limit in Tony Hawk games, even though I grew up with the blue cartridge THPS2 for N64. Time limits give me anxiety (I'm looking at you, Majora's Mask Kafei quest-line) .

Old 18th September 2020, 01:19 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been playing Super Mario Allstars lately, as I'm excited for the new one coming out today. I've finally beaten 8-4 without warping. I also beat SMB2 last night. I prefer 2 over 1. Picking up enemies and tossing them is fun.

Old 18th September 2020, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Hero View Post
I've been playing Super Mario Allstars lately, as I'm excited for the new one coming out today. I've finally beaten 8-4 without warping. I also beat SMB2 last night. I prefer 2 over 1. Picking up enemies and tossing them is fun.
Feel like the tide is turning on SMB2 sentiment. More and more support for SMB2 these days. Good

User Tag List