Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 7th January 2019, 02:01 AM
Glowbo

[Project] New Banjo-Kazooie Wiki (Jiggywikki)

Hi all,

Me and a couple of others have been currently working on a new Banjo-Kazooie Wiki. With the administrator's permission, the Wikia content has been moved off from Jiggywikki, and we're attempting to start from scratch. A lot of misinformation/incomplete information was on Wikia, and the site is not even good as a wiki host. Once upon a time, it was decent, but those days are no more.

Aside from the host, other problems would include:

* Hacked and garbage gallery images
* False categories (like Grublins in Grunty's Revenge)
* Poor writing on most articles

Here is the site in question: http://banjokazooiewiki.com/ . It's an obvious work in progress, and almost every article needs to be redone. I figured some B-K fans would be interested in having a look at this wiki, and what it's all about. Editors are definitely welcome.

The most important thing about wikis to me is having all the information put into one place, along with images. It is easier to review information that way, or even for gameplay help without skimming through a YouTube video.

Some articles, such as Stop 'n' Swop, were already redone entirely. Some details regarding N&B and the XBLA ports are probably missing, but I got the basics rewritten. Citing my sources is important, especially to the initial discovery made from this very website: https://banjokazooiewiki.com/wiki/Stop_'n'_Swop

P.S. what happened to the wiki on this website?

Hope this thread doesn't break any rules.

Old 7th January 2019, 04:55 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Yes! I'd be happy to help whenever I can scrounge for the time. I have a PhD in Banjo-Kazooie!

Old 7th January 2019, 05:18 AM
Glowbo

Cool, thanks for your interest.

https://banjokazooiewiki.com/wiki/Ca...d_of_a_cleanup

This category has articles that need to be rewritten from the Wikia counterpart, mainly because just about every Wikia article needs a total overhaul. The project is definitely a difficult one, but I love the B-K games, and I agree us fans need a good resource for info on the B-K series. I won't go off-topic about Wikia and its issues, but the point is I think lots of us needed a new, fresh B-K wiki.

Old 7th January 2019, 01:16 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
What's with the URL change? Are you still calling it Jiggywikki?

Old 7th January 2019, 02:43 PM
Glowbo

What do you mean? It's moved off Wikia, and the place was renamed to Jiggywikki because it's an attempt at making an entirely new B-K wiki. Make sense?

If you're talking about the URL name vs wiki name, it's because banjokazooiewiki.com is a better url to use, in my opinion. Sometimes urls and wiki names are not consistent with each other.

Last edited by RMV2003; 7th January 2019 at 02:54 PM.

User Tag List