Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 27th April 2021, 03:04 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
My copies of Gold, Silver, and Blue as well as the two transfer packs and a GBC arrived today. The journey to 251 now begins properly. I wish I could have used my original copy of Gold and Red, but I believe I may have given them away to a younger cousin along with my Gameboy years ago. The Silver cartridge I got has the name "Stefan Howansky" neatly written in marker on the back. Of course the save battery has been long since dead and replaced so unfortunately I have no record of Stefan's childhood adventures.
I plan to not use any glitches outside of the ones required to obtain Mew and Celebi, although they technically aren't required for the pokedex diploma. I'll post occasional status updates from my N64 capture card.

Old 27th April 2021, 02:03 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
about 2 days 14 hiurs to go till we can play SNAP
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 28th April 2021, 02:39 PM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I am so excited for SNAP. Tho I am gonna hold off playing it until my partner gets home from Korea. It seems like a perfect couch hand off game to enjoy, chill and full of cute mons to take pictures of. Plus early reviews sound like they managed to capture the magic of '99 Snap too.

They/Them

Old 3rd May 2021, 12:56 AM
Von Kriplespac

I've been making pretty slow progress since I've been busy with work, but I'll let you check out my lol so epic funny nicknames anyways. My plan is to start Blue after beating the first Elite 4 in Gold. Once I get the first fossil, I'll box the mons on Stadium and restart Blue for the other fossil. IRWIN belongs to Silver, so I'll trade that back to speedrun through Silver for the gen 2 version exclusives. I'm using my N64 Everdrive to back up the save files in the event of corruption or a save battery dying. I won't be restoring a backed-up save for any other reason.
It's pretty sweet how Stadium comes with a built-in wiki. Why don't the new games have that?

Old 11th May 2021, 10:10 PM
Von Kriplespac

Another update. Got the first Elite 4 down on Gold on the 5th. Since then I've played Blue all the way up to Cinnabar Island so I could get a single Pokedex entry from the dome fossil and then start over. I snagged a handful of gen 1s along the way including Mew and Articuno, then spent all that save file's money on ultra balls which I stashed on Stadium. Here's my collection so far. I'm not sure if I want to start the second run of Blue right away or if I should do the Gym Leader tower in Stadium to unlock the x2 speed GB tower first. I've been doing my longer sessions on the GBC anyways.

Old 12th May 2021, 10:21 PM
Zondekel Zondekel is offline she/her
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I was working on completing the dex in AlphaSapphire. I found a Pokedex checklist spreadsheet and added my own categories (what game it can be found in, do I have it, do I have to evolve / breed for it, etc) and as I recall, there is just one Pokemon line that I couldn't get. I believe it was Swirlix? It's not in Y, OR or AS or obviously any of the previous generations to transfer up from. Well, it's KINDA in Y if you have a friend with the fairy type Friend Safari but I don't believe I do. My friend has X and says he'll trade me one if I ever think to bring my game over.

I know I have Unova mostly finished because I transferred just about everything I had from White and White 2. Hoenn was largely complete. My plan was to do similar, play game to game, but with the intention of sending stuff forward in time. Someday I'll do it.

I DID finish the Galar dex (sans dlc dexes) but.

Old 19th May 2021, 04:35 AM
Von Kriplespac

I might consider transferring forward to gen III, or even injecting my save into the 3DS VC version and storing the mons on Pokebank. The prospect of completing a living dex on generations past the Gameboy seems pretty daunting though, especially considering all the spin-off games and extra hardware I'll need to obtain. There might be a time limit for all of us attempting this as well (aside from the usual time limit of our inevitable deaths) as Nintendo has been pretty quick to shutdown online services these days. There's probably only a couple years left until the 3DS online servers are discontinued, as the eShop is already closed in some countries.

I beat Blue now. Mewtwo is caught, along with all three legendaries, both the helix and dome fossils, and the old amber revived. I also witnessed some paranormal activity along the way. That should be everything I needed to do with gen I, so I guess now I'll offload all the mons onto Gold. Then ritualistically sacrifice DONGUS along with a gaggle of pidgeys and rattatas to the RNG gods. This may involve ACE in some way, I haven't decided yet.

Old 20th August 2021, 06:11 PM
Fired

You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
I don't understand how anyone could look at Absol and think, 'this isn't the best pokémon'. How could anyone gaze upon the grim reaper cow, in equal amounts edgy and fluffy, and fail to have it win their hearts? Do the demonic blood red eyes and heavenly white fur not stirr the soul? Why must humans ignore their soothsayer?

oh yeah also there was a new presentation or w/e that's not really important

Old 21st August 2021, 07:20 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I mean, Girafarig is a palindrome. It doesn't get better than that.

Old 26th August 2021, 05:11 PM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firealpha View Post
I mean, Girafarig is a palindrome. It doesn't get better than that.
This pun is the peak of comedy, I can rest easy knowing I will never laugh again.

They/Them

Old 28th September 2021, 06:02 PM
Fired

There are in fact exceedingly few Pokémon whose design I straight up do not like. Now Kleavor has joined them in this small pool of unspeakables.
Apparently, a lot of people actually like this thing??!? I'm sorry but no, absolutely not, nothing about this design looks appealing or salvageable to me. I find more things wrong with it the longer I look.

It looks uncomfortable to be alive. Matter of fact, I'm uncomfortable being alive, just having this enauseating thing be on my screen. It looks visually jarring and NOT in a good way. The colors are balanced awfully, the shapes are bad, the detail is too much and is misplaced, the legs and feet look dumb, the shoulders and waist are somehow even worse, it CLEARLY needs longer arms with an additional joint, and I understand why it has facial hair but my God that doesn't mean it was a good idea. The overall concept would have been fine but Kleavor as an end product looks like a half-baked cinnamon roll out of an Easy Bake Oven.

Bug/Rock. This is a split evolution of Scyther, by the way. Absolute disgrace. >.>

Last edited by qwertykins76; 28th September 2021 at 06:06 PM.

Old 28th September 2021, 06:44 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I like Kleavor. He’s got axes for hands. I wanna axe him a question.

Old 28th September 2021, 10:18 PM
Zondekel Zondekel is offline she/her
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I think it's a great design.

Old 29th September 2021, 01:20 AM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I think the worst thing which comes to mind that one might justifiably claim about this design outside of pure subjectivity is that it kinda resembles a maskless Bionicle, but idk, I'm down with this look

Last edited by pastiche; 29th September 2021 at 01:22 AM.

Old 29th September 2021, 02:31 AM
Fired

I'm aghast as to how anyone could find it in their hearts to sully the good name of Bionicle so casually like this

Tags
lol tags

User Tag List