Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 7th June 2016, 07:08 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I watched the replay of this on loop like 5 times in a row. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iu...ature=youtu.be

Old 8th June 2016, 03:38 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
psychonauts is available on ps4, and tonight, i am finally going to play it, finally

Old 8th June 2016, 03:50 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
tbh i think psychonauts might be the best game double fine's released that isn't a rerelease of a lucasarts game so i hope you enjoy it!!

Old 8th June 2016, 04:36 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Grind for arrowheads

Old 8th June 2016, 05:52 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

don't actually, only do that once you get the dowsing rod. since you're using a controller the crazy button tapping should be physically possible

Old 9th June 2016, 01:24 AM

So I played the new Minecraft episode, and I kind of have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, as a stand-alone episode, it's actually pretty decent and the plot is fairly intriguing. But on the other hand, it is 100% a stand-alone episode, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the new story that started in the previous episode, so it's basically filler. Which furthers my theory that Telltale really didn't plan this series out even a little bit. But at least there's still Batman and The Walking Dead to look forward to. (And maybe even season 2 of The Wolf Among Us, one day in the distant distant future)

Psychonauts is pretty enjoyable so far, I'm liking it. My only gripe (and it's fairly minor) is that some of the figments are annoying to get.

Old 9th June 2016, 01:40 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

the walking dead season 2 disappointed me big time, so i'm probably not gonna grab season 3

the wolf among us was pretty cool though

Last edited by The Colonel; 9th June 2016 at 01:44 AM. Reason: eh, kinda feel like i'm being a bit too much of a downer

Old 9th June 2016, 10:04 AM

So after playing more of Demon's Souls, I've come to the conclusion that, while it's a decent game and I still intend to beat it, it is waaay less fun and enjoyable than the other Soulsborne games (still haven't played DS2 yet tho). With all the other ones, I could barely pull myself away from them, but with DeS, I find myself getting burnt out fairly quickly, and whereas with the other ones where I constantly feel compelled to press forward, where every death makes me think "just gotta try again!", with this one I just feel exhausted. And it's not even like it's from getting burnt out on the series as a whole or anything, because I'm still playing DS1 and DS3 just fine, but there's just... something about this game that fails to grip me the way the others have.

Also, I really don't like what a scarce resource healing items are. Like in DS, you have the Estus Flasks which always fill up if you die or rest at a bonfire, so you never have to worry. And even in BB where blood vials are more finite, you still get so many of them, so often, that it almost never becomes a problem. But here, the only healing item you can buy in the Nexus is the shittiest kind, and if you're in the middle of a battle and you need to heal, the crescent moon grass heals so little that it's literally worse than useless because you will almost 100% lose more health in the time it takes to use it. I found a guy in one of the levels who sells better healing items, and I bought a shit-ton of them, and I've already ended up blowing through most of them, and I'll have to end up using a bunch more if I want to make it back to him to buy more and then leave the area. And the thought of constantly having to do that every time I want even a chance at progressing through a single area is just... exhausting. (And if I use a bunch of grass to survive but then end up dying anyway, then it just feels like a tremendous waste, which makes it that much worse)

Also don't like that you spend the majority of the game with only a fraction of your maximum health, and the item that lets you turn human so you can have full health (and also summon) is a billion times scarcer than in DS1 and 3, so it never even feels worth using anyway, because if you use it and die, then it's like getting a winning lotto ticket and then shitting on it and flushing it down the toilet.

I'm really glad I started with Dark Souls instead of this, because Dark Souls was so good that before I even beat it I went and bought DS3 and BB. I do not think I would have been so enthusiastic if Demon's Souls had been my introduction.

Old 9th June 2016, 11:20 AM
Glowbo

I have never bought herbs in Demon's Souls. You can farm them in every level of Boletarian Palace and it doesn't need much time, because a lot of enemies drop them and the knights have a 100% drop rate. After 1-3 and 1-4, I had the maximum of the most powerful herbs without even farming them, I've just completed the levels once.

Old 10th June 2016, 05:10 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Been playing a lot of Kirby lately in anticipation of Planet Robobot. Finished Dreamland 2 today. I still haven't gotten the good ending of Dreamland 3 though. Might

Old 10th June 2016, 05:37 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeroOfTime View Post
Been playing a lot of Kirby lately in anticipation of Planet Robobot. Finished Dreamland 2 today. I still haven't gotten the good ending of Dreamland 3 though. Might
do, and play kirby 64

0 and 02 are the coolest final bosses in kirby history

Old 10th June 2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refofa View Post
I have never bought herbs in Demon's Souls. You can farm them in every level of Boletarian Palace and it doesn't need much time, because a lot of enemies drop them and the knights have a 100% drop rate. After 1-3 and 1-4, I had the maximum of the most powerful herbs without even farming them, I've just completed the levels once.
Will check that out. Can't get to 1-3 yet though; have to kill an archdemon, it seems (one of the Stonefang bosses, I have read).

Beat Fool's Idol though, so that's progress. (And I pray I never have to see another of those medusa heads)

Old 10th June 2016, 12:36 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I have achieved the title of "Second highest level character to die to a novice warrior in MAngband". The one above me was level 33 and was killed because a boss spawned them and one happened to get the last hit. I was level 22 and was in another window when a bunch just beat me to death since I had no armor on at the time. The next player below me was level 11.

My next goal is to die to a fruit bat at level 30.

Old 11th June 2016, 03:12 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Blood and Wine is a great expansion, and has me sunk back into Witcher 3 all over again. Also Brian got me into Rocket League which is really fun as well, especially Hoops.

Old 12th June 2016, 05:21 AM

I'd like to rescind my negative remarks about Demon's Souls. Good game. That is all.

User Tag List