Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 14th December 2012, 03:31 AM
Glowbo

B-K In Smash 4. (Hopes and Dreams)

Introduction and a quick summary of what this is:

Let me start off by saying that I'm aware of just how unlikely this is. I understand the copyright issues and partnerships between companies and blahblahblah. So, I'd like to see Banjo and Kazooie in Smash 4 and I think that if we all work together we can at least get some result from our efforts. I personally don't have the know-how to carry this idea any further than this thread so I'm hoping I can inspire a few people to take this Idea from here.
------------------------------------------------
Now, when I mentioned "Some result" I meant that even if you don't get them in the game maybe we could at least get a response along the lines of "We're sorry but we have no interest in this", you know, some recognition of our efforts. So, my plan was that we could pull an Operation Rainfall on this. Now, they bombarded Nintendo with letter, petitions and fanart in hopes of persuading the company to release some games in America/Other regions. I think that if we take a similar route we might get some result, I mean, we could set up a website committed to this, create petitions, make art of B-K in Smash fight alond side/against some of Nintendo's most iconic characters, mail them letters and moveset suggestion, ect.

Now, to be clear I don't want to see the Nuts N' Bolts B-K duo, I'd like it if we could specify that we'd like the incarnations of them from their Kazooie/Tooie days. Though I guess if the used another I couldn't really complain, as long as they make it.

Anyway, I plan on posting this same thread in the fallowing websites, feel free to post it in others as well.

http://www.therwp.com/

http://www.rarewarecentral.com/

http://kc-mm.com/

I thought of no better place to post this than on the two largest Rare fan-sites on the net and one committed to adding new characters to Smash.

I'd like it if this could only get positive feedback. I understand how unlikely this is and that there are a number of negative things to be said about this idea. If we work together I'm sure we can make something happen.
-nothing ventured, nothing gained-
Here are some older notes I made about that

"Suggestions:
-Use this FB group just to spread the word. Keep it organized, and state its goal simply and clearly. An official, professional-looking, main site/petition/persuading thing should be elsewhere.

-Work with RWP, and make an online petition which anyone can easily sign and share, ala Operation Rainfall,

-Sakurai may hold another poll again, like he did with SSBB. Perhaps you should show him Banjo-Kazooie before that poll is put up. I would suggest inferring a date/time frame this poll could take place based on the last one, and create a publicly stated TARGET DATE for contacting Sakurai. On this day, you would show him the site and all the signatures and interest. If this fails to add Banjo-Kazooie to his poll, then create a second target/contact date to some reasonable time before launch day, and re-introduce the site/petition, which would then have even more support."

And here is a Thread-starter that one of my friends wrote.

"Mission Statement: The fans of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise wish for the Banjo-Kazooie character duo, from the N64 game of the same name, to be one playable character in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers game for Wii U and 3DS.

Explanation:
Since release, fans have enjoyed the games in the Banjo-Kazooie franchise. Even today, with modern graphics and technology eclipsing games and consoles of the past, evergreen Banjo-Kazooie fans will still turn on their dustless N64s for some good old Rare fun.

Many people's N64 era nostalgia includes Banjo-Kazooie, and even those who didn't play recognize the bird and bear duo. A newer game in the franchise, titled 'Nuts & Bolts,' was released for Xbox 360, but that character model is not as recognized and respected by the gaming world. So to clarify, we, the Banjo-Kazooie fans, wish for the Super Smash Brothers character to reflect the original N64 design."

"Now, I am fully aware of how unlikely this actually is and that there are a lot of copyright issues that would have to be dealt with. Rare owns Banjo and hasn't been a part of Nintendo for some time. If we have doubt and give up due to that then we will not make any progress. What have we to lose from this other than a bit of time?"

So there it is. For a while I was a bit too worried about posting this. I don't know what sort of feedback I'll get or if people will be negative. I leave this to other fans.

Old 14th December 2012, 03:42 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
The title got my hopes up for a split second...

Old 14th December 2012, 03:23 PM
Mr. Pants

Dude, I love the idea, and I support it all the way (despite how unlikely it is.)

Old 14th December 2012, 04:03 PM
Jinjo

FOR THE MOTHERLAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!

While we're at it, lets make them include a free cheese wedge with every copy of the game.

Old 14th December 2012, 07:16 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Because this hasn't been done before, ever.

Master Chief for SSBU.

Old 14th December 2012, 07:47 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I DEMAND THAT NINTENDO PUTS GORDON FREEMAN IN SUPER SMASH BROS. U

SIGN MY PETITION IF YOU AGREE

Old 14th December 2012, 08:19 PM
"Owned"

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
can they're be mege man in next gamsmash pls sign heRe

Old 14th December 2012, 08:51 PM
Fired

I want to be a playable character.

Old 14th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Eff this, I'll make a petition to put Banjo in SEGA Racing 2. Better yet I'll just get a petition to have Banjo-Threeie made.

Old 14th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Fired

Petitions usually suck.

Old 14th December 2012, 11:42 PM
Mr. Pants

Y'all mother****ers better support this beautiful man.

Old 15th December 2012, 12:38 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Ron Paul for playable character in SSBWU! Sign my petition!

Old 16th December 2012, 07:08 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
It's not just unlikely, this is nigh impossible. I'd love to see them too and I think they're perfect for Smash Bros, but the fact is that they're now second-party characters to a competitor. If it was possible, Banjo and Conker would have certainly been in Diddy Kong Racing on DS.

Furthermore, Sakurai has suggested that we might not even see any new third-party characters, as he'd like to keep the focus centered on Nintendo and its history.

If we do see a third-party addition, I'm almost certain it will be Pac-man anyway on account of the game being co-developed by Namco. He's already appeared in Mario Kart in the arcades, so his chances are pretty good. While I'm not a particularly big fan of him as a character, he was essentially Mr. Videogames until Mario came along and he'd be a hugely significant addition.

Old 16th December 2012, 08:07 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
I want Roy back.

Old 17th December 2012, 05:52 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
me too, roy was my main in melee

Tags
banjo, banjo-kazooie, kazooie, smash bros.

User Tag List