Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th July 2008, 11:54 AM
Glowbo

Stop n' Swop Ice Key Solution?

Hey everybody at The Rare Witch Project... this is my first post. I have known about this site for quite a while but haven't really bothered with registering... anyway, here I am with a Stop n' Swop theory...

First off, I am not sure If this has been posted yet, so don't go off your heads If it has.

Right..... I pulled out Banjo Tooie the other day, while my good friend was over, while we were playing a multi-player tournament. When I got sick of kicking his butt, we decided to watch some of the cinematic's. As we worked our way to the bottom, we watched the "Character Parade" which has a list ALL the characters in the game... very long.
After a pretty long time, it got the "Sabreman" the dude that was trapped in the ice at hailfire peaks.
In the background I noticed a large wall (maybe chest), behind Sabreman. It appears to be slightly transparent and made of ice... I could not effectively see what was inside of the chest. It had a keyhole in the front of it, which maybe... the ice-key unlocks.

I do not know how to get there... all I know, that it is near the ice side of hailfire peak.

I will provide a picture of it when I can be bothered.
Again, I am sorry if this has already been brought up. I have not sifted through many threads yet.

Best wishes with solving the Stop n' Swop theory.

~Ryno

Old 9th July 2008, 11:58 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
It's nothing important.

You can use the Ice Key which you get from a BK Game Pak in Jinjo Village to open it, the entrance is in Glitter Gulch Mine. You open it and it contains the Mega Glowbo so you can give it to Humba Wumba in the Pine Grove and get the Dragon Kazooie transformation.

Old 9th July 2008, 12:03 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
That is the Ice Chest. If you go to Glitter Gulch Mine, and go towards the waterfall where, to your right, you can access the deeper mines, and below there is a large pool, dive into the pool. You should see a rock with Kazooie's face. Use Kazooie's Torpedo move to break it, and swim through the resulting tunnel.

If you have collected the Ice Key in Jinjo Village, then you can continiue. If not, go back!

Once inside, you will be met with a large, icey treasure cheast. Use the Ice Key to open it, and you should be rewarded with a huge Globow!

Now, head to the Plateau area of Isel o' Hags. Go inside Humba's Wigwam, and thwo the Glowbow into the pool. Jump in to get the prize.

It has been mentioned countless times before, and if you had just looked around a bit, you wouldv'e found out that it was a regularly occuring feature. But, after 8 years, don't you think that we would have found this already?

EDIT: OH GOD DAMNIT BOTTLES.

Old 9th July 2008, 12:05 PM
Glowbo

Oh ya... forgot about that, its been like 5 years since I last played this game... Oh well... I don't think that It will ever be solved/or is real.

Old 9th July 2008, 12:21 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
Oh ya... forgot about that, its been like 5 years since I last played this game... Oh well... I don't think that It will ever be solved/or is real.
On the contrary. We know pretty much everything there is to know about SNS, and all three games that used it. The only things left in the games are the Debug menus, and a few tiny remenants in DK64. There is nothing else to be found (after 10 years straight of hacking, you better belive thats right ).

Old 9th July 2008, 12:39 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
On the contrary. We know pretty much everything there is to know about SNS, and all three games that used it. The only things left in the games are the Debug menus, and a few tiny remenants in DK64. There is nothing else to be found (after 10 years straight of hacking, you better belive thats right ).
I'd laugh if it ended out to be really really simple.

Old 9th July 2008, 01:20 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
I'd laugh if it ended out to be really really simple.
Well, we have factual evidence that you recieved the Sandcastle codes in BT, used them in BK and then swopped. Thats it, really.

Old 9th July 2008, 01:40 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Well, it actually may have been really simple, but sadly SNS in its entirety does not exist anymore. The games have been hacked to pieces, and the truth is that Rare unfortunately was forced to drop the feature from BT when Nintendo changed the way the N64 works. There was a lot left over in BK, not expected to be found, so they put the game paks in BT to appease those who finished the game with 100 Jiggies and saw Mumbo's Pictures. The Ice Key get you the transformation in Ise O' Hags that makes Kazooie a fire-breathing dragon, is all. Oh well.

Old 9th July 2008, 04:15 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
Well, we have factual evidence that you recieved the Sandcastle codes in BT, used them in BK and then swopped. Thats it, really.
Rare could just come out and say "Well to be honest...that's it...You got it already....We gave you the codes, they were just hard to find, and then you stopped looking after a while and swopped insults...so basically..you stop and swopped and it was because of the Ice Key and eggs..."

Old 9th July 2008, 04:41 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
ha ha swapped insults. I like it.

Old 11th July 2008, 02:05 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J@mie
Rare could just come out and say "Well to be honest...that's it...You got it already....We gave you the codes, they were just hard to find, and then you stopped looking after a while and swopped insults...so basically..you stop and swopped and it was because of the Ice Key and eggs..."
Now go read Yami's thread to see why they wont...

[Edit]
It was a joke...? My bad

Old 11th July 2008, 02:12 AM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
I opened up that thing the other day because I just started playing Banjo-tooie a month ago. Still love my N64.

Tags
key, sabreman, stop, swop