Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 28th August 2008, 10:50 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeckoman
Wow I didn't know thelair wasn't originally in the game. mabye they used to have an "Isle o hags" type thing with spiral mountai. you probably used to be able to travel places. notice the names. fungus forest, mount fire eyes, rusty bucket bay, hammerhead beach, bubblegloop swamp, Freezeezy peak, click clock wood, spiral mountain, mumbo's mountain. let's see we have three mountain levels, a valley, a frozen mountain, a swamp, an industrial bay, a beach, and two forests. (I didn't mention clankers cavern because It was probably a late add in.)
They didn't really have an overworld yet, other than a prototype map of the Giant's lair that you couldn't really do anything with. Also see supposed Fungus Forest, and Mount Firey Eyes pics, which are really the Giant Lair map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman
Here's the order that the levels were actually first made:
1. Treasure Trove Cove (AKA Hammerhead Beach)
2. Gobi's Valley
3. Mad Monster Mansion
4. Mumbo's Mountain
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Freezeezy Peak
7. Spiral Mountain
8. Bubblegloop Swamp
9. Click Clock Wood
10. Clanker's Cavern
11. Grunty's Lair
Woah, that's a neat list. Was this posted somewhere else?

Strange, seeing the levels mixed around in that order. I would have never expected Clankers Cavern to be the last level developed in the game. I guess they determined the difficulty of each level first, then placed the levels in Gruntildas lair based on that.

Old 28th August 2008, 01:06 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
The only thing we would have to ask is what the hell would a huge whale shark be doing in a forest?
Well, the same thing of why a bird is in a bluebackpack on the back of a walking bear with yellow shorts who plays the banjo and had no idea about this rock for years and years shaped like a witches head in his lovely home until his sister had disappeared.

Also the same reason theres a sunken ship in the middle of the sand in TTC

Also the reason why a big metal fish lives underwater who's teeth hurts

Also the same reason of why a beaver has a cave inside a big tree in click clock wood, and also the same reason you can change a whole regions season by walking through a door.

Also the same reason of why the sphinx shaped like gobi, has a stuffed nose.

Same reason of why theres a sandcastle underwater.

I think we've covered and prove that ANYTHING can happen in a banjo kazooie level. If theres a living metal fish with toothace in a sewer/garbage disposal place, theres a chance a shark can be in a forest.

Last edited by Deebs; 28th August 2008 at 01:09 PM.

Old 29th August 2008, 12:02 AM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
Woah, that's a neat list. Was this posted somewhere else?

Strange, seeing the levels mixed around in that order. I would have never expected Clankers Cavern to be the last level developed in the game. I guess they determined the difficulty of each level first, then placed the levels in Gruntildas lair based on that.
Well, the order doesn't state which levels were FINISHED first. The list is the order in which the levels were first put into the game. Who knows, they might have still been finishing up Treasure Trove Cove, and a day before, put the first parts of Clanker's Cavern in the game. The list is the order of the background models and text bank for each level. Interestingly enough, every level has 100 slots for text string, and none of the levels actually get even close to 100 text strings.

Old 29th August 2008, 01:30 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles
Also the same reason theres a sunken ship in the middle of the sand in TTC

Also the reason why a big metal fish lives underwater who's teeth hurts

Also the same reason of why a beaver has a cave inside a big tree in click clock wood, and also the same reason you can change a whole regions season by walking through a door.

Also the same reason of why the sphinx shaped like gobi, has a stuffed nose.

Same reason of why theres a sandcastle underwater.
Sandcastles fit in Beach levels.
Sunken Pirate ships fit in Beach levels.
Beavers fit in Woods levels.
A sphinx fits in a desert level.
A huge mechanical fish, strangely enough works in a level made of metal.

Besides that, it was a joke that your taking too seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman
Well, the order doesn't state which levels were FINISHED first. The list is the order in which the levels were first put into the game. Who knows, they might have still been finishing up Treasure Trove Cove, and a day before, put the first parts of Clanker's Cavern in the game.
Ah I see.

Old 29th August 2008, 11:05 PM
Bajr

You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Rune, you don't honestly think i was being serious, please? The conversation was a big joke and we both knew that

Old 2nd September 2008, 06:52 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow. that is so wierd that they started development in that order (I love beta stuff)

Tags
banjo, beta, levels, speculation