Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 22nd January 2008, 09:56 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
no i'm not. I mean Donkey Kong Wii as in... ugh, just look on wiki.

and if its fake, lets just create ideas.

Old 22nd January 2008, 10:12 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
Random Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Umm... one problem though. Wikipedia says this game is supposed to come out in 3 days.

Old 23rd January 2008, 03:38 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
yah, probably some stupid dumbass did that.

Old 4th March 2008, 03:21 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Well, this game is real, but it's under tight wraps, so nothing is realy known. My guess would be no bongos, though. lol

I'd like to see a cross between DK64 and SMG... Dare I say it? Donkey Kong Galaxy? rofl j/k No, it needs it's own ideas, it's own vibe. So... What would I like to see?

Characters : (aside from the obvious choice, DK himself, DUH) Diddy, Funky, Lanky, Chunky, Tiny (or Pixie, but not both), Cranky, K. Rool, Krusha, Snide, and others I can't think of right now.

Worlds : Revisions of worlds from previous games, plus some new ones.

Weapons : Personally I liked DK64's addition of weapons, and I should also mention, the ability to control many different charries. So, something of the like, only more modern. Maybe even a fps mode, where you control the Kongs like MP3C, and get some more use outta the Zapper.

Other ideas : I think just having a sprawling hub world, and engrossing inner worlds, and really a "go wherever you want" feel, like, if you tire of one world, you can go to another without having to finish it. SM64, SMG, BK, that kinda feel.

I'll try to think of something more in-depth later.

Old 5th March 2008, 05:33 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe Logan View Post
(or Pixie, but not both)
You blasphemous wolf-demon! It's Dixie, not Pixie! (or were you thinking of... PIXIE & DIXIE!? EGAD!)

The only thing I can't really come up with for this game is a plot. It feels like everything's been done in the world of DKC as long as we keep depending on K Rool to be the main baddie... maybe we could introduce a new villain, serious one to counter the King's buffoonish demeanor? And then the game can be darker, like DKC2 darker. I guess Rare likes that, huh? Doing darker sequels? And it would also be great if you could go back to riding the animal buddies instead of transforming into them; and we need more than 2!

As for the playable Kongs:
  • Donkey
  • Diddy
  • Dixie
  • Kiddy
  • Lanky
  • Chunky

And the music needs improvement. DK64 was weaker because of bad music.

Old 5th March 2008, 07:02 PM
Jinjo

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
I liked the DK64 music. I just don't hope they create another new villian because I'm afraid that the same thing will happen just like it did to Bowser.

Old 5th March 2008, 07:47 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
You blasphemous wolf-demon! It's Dixie, not Pixie! (or were you thinking of... PIXIE & DIXIE!? EGAD!)
Oops, sorry. I did mean Dixie, really. lol Well, it was close.

Quote:
The only thing I can't really come up with for this game is a plot. It feels like everything's been done in the world of DKC as long as we keep depending on K Rool to be the main baddie... maybe we could introduce a new villain, serious one to counter the King's buffoonish demeanor? And then the game can be darker, like DKC2 darker. I guess Rare likes that, huh? Doing darker sequels? And it would also be great if you could go back to riding the animal buddies instead of transforming into them; and we need more than 2!

As for the playable Kongs:
  • Donkey
  • Diddy
  • Dixie
  • Kiddy
  • Lanky
  • Chunky

And the music needs improvement. DK64 was weaker because of bad music.

I agree on possibly a new villain, as long as K. Rool is still involved in some way, like Bowser was in Mario RPG (and the Paper Marios), maybe.

I also agree about the animals... Transforming into them doesn't cut it, you need to be able to ride them.

Darker is cool, but it needs a balance, so maybe some worlds that are typical to DK as well.

Old 5th March 2008, 09:40 PM
Glowbo

K. Rool having the same role as Bowser in the RPGs? What, as an inept bumbling clod? He hasn't sank so low that we need another villain to keep things 'serious'. Look at DK64; K. Rool was utterly ruthless in that game while still being entertaining. Just because the recent PAON titles depicit him as a complete retard doesn't mean he should stay that way.

Anyway, a 3D platformer more in line with the classic DKC games of old would be a great start. It hasn't been done yet.

Old 6th March 2008, 01:00 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
The best Donkey Kong for me would be a too-point faive dee platformer. (2.5 D Platformer)
It would be: Donkey Kong City.

Old 6th March 2008, 01:53 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jones View Post
K. Rool having the same role as Bowser in the RPGs? What, as an inept bumbling clod? He hasn't sank so low that we need another villain to keep things 'serious'. Look at DK64; K. Rool was utterly ruthless in that game while still being entertaining. Just because the recent PAON titles depicit him as a complete retard doesn't mean he should stay that way.

Anyway, a 3D platformer more in line with the classic DKC games of old would be a great start. It hasn't been done yet.
I understand that's your opinion, but I also understand that quite a lot of people enjoyed Bowser's role in the RPGs. And think of it this way... Maybe it's not the same. Maybe he has that similar angle, grudgingly helping DK at some point, and then toward the end, tries to stab him in the back.

I was just tossing out an idea... Heck, the idea of a DK RPG sounds pretty fun, come to think. But maybe that's not for Wii, and more for a future DS title. *shrug*

Old 28th April 2008, 07:11 PM
Jinjo

It should be an exact sequal to 64! Same format and everything! That would make me enjoy DK aging

Old 20th May 2008, 06:35 PM
Jinjo

I think a DKC neo-platformer game would ROCK. Kinda like New Super Mario Bros. playing off of SMB for NES/Famicom.

Old 21st May 2008, 04:01 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Christ, when will they tell us more about this game!?

Old 23rd May 2008, 08:25 PM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Just because the recent PAON titles depicit him as a complete retard doesn't mean he should stay that way.
When the **** did this happen? They didn't get the personality as good as it was in DK64, but he's most definitely still an awesome villain.

Old 23rd May 2008, 08:26 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Christ, when will they tell us more about this game!?
Possibly never, since its very existence is debatable.

Tags
dk wii, donkey kong, donkey kong wii, wii

User Tag List