Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 28th July 2008, 12:02 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
For almost all items, they must have at least one of them before it shows up. So for these items, it was useless to program a 0/1 because it showing up means you have at least 1/1.

Old 28th July 2008, 12:04 PM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinBan View Post
For almost all items, they must have at least one of them before it shows up. So for these items, it was useless to program a 0/1 because it showing up means you have at least 1/1.
Yes now i'm understand whole 1/1 stuff thanks.

If Rune or other hackers will not found ice key image in DK64 then this will mean that ice key image would be transfered from BK to DK64.
After cold swapping in TOTAL there would be ice key image (possibly transfered from BK) with 1/1.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 28th July 2008 at 12:12 PM.

Old 28th July 2008, 12:26 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I didn't think it ACTUALLY transferred any data, besides it telling the next game put in to activate a string of text within the game? Maybe I'm wrong I haven't really looked into it that much.

Old 28th July 2008, 12:30 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I think that's pretty much it. All the stuff is in the game, it just needs flags to activate it. The trigger is the cold-swap.

Old 28th July 2008, 12:37 PM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
BK-DK64 Ice Key connection was explained in SNS Patent from June 1999 (just 5 months before Dk64's release!).Dk64 would show cutscene of Wozza's Cave and the way to ice key would be unblocked.Then player would cold swapping to BK and collect ice key then cold swapping to Dk64 (ice key would be now in TOTAL with 1/1) and would use ice key for open new area.

I really don't have idea why Bk-Dk64 connection was removed.RAMBUS changed AFTER Dk64's release.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 28th July 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Old 28th July 2008, 03:38 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
They would have known it would be changed long before then.

Old 28th July 2008, 05:04 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
can someone please get me a .PJ savestate of the mystery options unlocked. I basically want to use this research to try and unlock that hidden debug menu, which should hopeffully be usefull when trying to find the ice key

basically

807FC8** 0001 one digit will activate the mystery option

807FC8** 0001 and another one will activate the debug menu

just like some of the codes activate items in the totals menu

if I load this code up using artmoney with some mystery option activated e.g the cheat menu, I can easily find the code that activates the mystery cheat option in the game.

and that will narrow down the options greatly. Somewhere near the activate the cheat option menu, will be the activate the debug menu option

Last edited by ssj; 28th July 2008 at 06:03 PM.

Old 28th July 2008, 10:43 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinBan
Thats pretty close. But only the Ice-key acts that way. The other items start out at 0. The menu wont show these items in the "totals screen" until you have at least 1 collected.

With the ice-key it doesn't matter how many you have, it won't show up until you activate some other variable. It makes sense if you think of how it would be unlocked.

Flag Data(transfer data from bk) activates a variable. This variable activates the sns item in the menu. So the Ice-key doesn't register as collected until this variable is activated.

Old 28th July 2008, 11:30 PM
Dingpot

Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
So if I undertsand you say that 0/1 value exists for all items except Ice Key even it's not shown in the menu but for the Ice Key there's no 0/1 value so when you hacked its value there would only be 1/1?

Sorry if it sounds a little noobish but I'm no hacker just very interested by your findings.

Old 28th July 2008, 11:37 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
The ice-key is 0/1 the first time you boot-up a fresh (never been played) dk64 cartridge. Once you reach the game select screen it changes to 1/1 ice-keys collected. You would never notice this anyways. But yah, your correct.

Old 29th July 2008, 01:00 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
806AB2F7 00** This is a very odd code. it combinds the images in the totals menu

also if you load this code on artmoney, change the first 4 boxes (should be 0025) to 0026, A bizzar animation occures. It looks like An extra slot gets added in the game, but you actualy see it being added, just press right or left and the items move increadibly slowley.

make sure you have all the items in the totals menu first though and you need to load it up again for it to work

Old 29th July 2008, 04:27 PM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

INFECTED - B1K1 
O_O That's an AMAZING discovery, man! I never thought DK64 had anything to do with Stop n Swop

Old 30th July 2008, 04:37 AM
Jinjo

So we need to use gameshark just to get the Ice Key in Donkey Kong 64? If we do than I need to buy (yet another) gameshark. I've gone through 4 gamesharks v 3.3! it's disappointing!

Old 30th July 2008, 04:47 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
u hackin' hackers and ur hacked up hacks.

good job man.

Old 30th July 2008, 06:11 AM
Clanker

RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
Well... the debug menu is really the only place I could see you guys finding anything to do with the functionality. The 2D image could've possibly never existed as they could've just been testing to see if data could be swapped originally and just left the string of code in.

But it's quite possible that this IS like functional, just doesn't use the original method and stuff.

Also, one question, why crystal caverns? Like apart from the obvious "icy theme"
?

Tags
beta, dk64, ice-key, sns