Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 7th August 2008, 04:42 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrapus View Post
I AM one of those.
While your whining can you get me, a person who doesn't complain about Rare being with the childish company Nintendo and having vehicles in the new banjo, a glass of water? [/joke]

On a serious note, now. For people who hate the new Banjo: Explain why you don't like the vehicles. 'Cause all I hear is "OMG, they ruined Banjo forever. Stupid Microsoft".

Last edited by banjo nerd; 7th August 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Old 7th August 2008, 08:26 PM
Jinjo

Thats what alot people say about Shadow The Hedgehog, Alot of platform fans think that vehicles (or sometimes certain weapons, depends which character like Shadow using guns or Sonic using a sword in the BK) should not be use for platforming. The vechiles makes sense when I remember looking back at Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo has been driveing around vechiles in DKR and Banjo Pilot.
-Corey Taylor (#08) from Slipknot

Last edited by The Black Death; 7th August 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Old 7th August 2008, 08:36 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
...Don't say that though, it's not a racing game.

Imagine that in this new Banjo game, you still are a bear who runs around and jups and has spcial moves. Exept you just look like some kind of vehicle.

That's exactly what it is, plus it unleashes your creativity.

Old 7th August 2008, 09:01 PM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Zombie View Post
Video to back up your opinion: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBrpIwSGmM
Yeah, I'm aware of that. But it just doesn't feel the same

Old 7th August 2008, 09:42 PM
Jinjo

I welcome the vehicles. Besides, even if I don't like them, (highly improbable) I remember video where someone said that you could go through the whole game w/o vehicles & just on foot. Takes longer, but I guess if you REALLY want it to feel like classic Banjo, you can go around on foot. Gives you good replay value though. I might just do that.

Old 7th August 2008, 09:46 PM
Dingpot

Doing it on foot is IMPOSSIBLE. Due to the fact the world is to large, and banjo is way to slow, and you dont have enough moves to be able to do the challenges without vehicles, its impossible >_>

Old 7th August 2008, 09:53 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCrue34 View Post
You dont have to be an ignorant asshole to question the vehicles.
I really dont like the concept, just because the game went from fairytale wonders and magic, to technology and machinery.

Im looking forward to the game, but i think it would of made an amazing game if it wasnt banjo kazooie.
Now this is the kind of opposition I can respect, and an opinion I can almost actually agree with. I have seen no magic used by any character throughout any of the trailers. The game went from being a fairytale about shape shifting, traversing through fantastic lands and killing witches to using technology and going through man-made worlds without the help of any magical items or abilities.

The theme - not the gameplay - does not feel right.

Although I do admire what Rare has done with the series, that is the only aspect I can think of that they "screwed up".

Old 7th August 2008, 09:59 PM
Dingpot

Its been 10 years, in 10 years we went from communicating through horses to communicating through telegrams, and 10 years after, telephones. In banjo, in 10 years there was an actual city with people, not just you, kazooie, and random chars thrown here and there for your quest >_>

Old 7th August 2008, 10:08 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
BK was the only game with a fairytale theme though...BT was completely different in theme as well (darker, slightly more serious).

Old 7th August 2008, 10:14 PM
Dingpot

Yay, someone who can help out cuz if they posted a little more to back themselves up, i wouldnt know what to post xD

Old 7th August 2008, 11:02 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
BK was the only game with a fairytale theme though...BT was completely different in theme as well (darker, slightly more serious).
I think the Fairy-tale theme was partly present in BT.

Old 7th August 2008, 11:57 PM
Bunnycomb

Maybe not fairytale in BT, but they definitely used a ton of magic. It played a pretty big role in the game: Mumbo's spells, Humba's transformation spells, an assortment of elemental eggs and of course the gold and red feathers. Not to mention the numerous magical characters and objects like the glowbos and pretty much anything from Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Also, the baddies were monsters! Now they seem to be all robots.

Old 8th August 2008, 12:07 AM
Dingpot

Its been 8 years dammit, of course its going to have changed. The world changes it 8 years, so now instead of being so old timey, it will go more into the future

Old 8th August 2008, 02:52 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
The way I see it, these mechanical characters and man made levels are supposed to be rushed attempts at real things. The worlds, whilst they have the appearance of being man made, are just like any other worlds in any video game. The same goes for the characters, they still behave exactly like NPCs in other games, they just look a little rough around the edges.

Old 8th August 2008, 04:21 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban123 View Post
Its been 8 years dammit, of course its going to have changed. The world changes it 8 years, so now instead of being so old timey, it will go more into the future
Yes, but at this point it's something else entirely.

Just for the record, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the game itself and I really think this is going to be even better than the last two games. But just for fun's sake I thought it wouldn't hurt to argue the other side of things. It's all in good fun, I agree with what pretty much everyone's been saying. No harm in looking at things from another perspective though, is there?

Last edited by B-R-E-T; 8th August 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Tags
banjo-kazooie, game, nuts and bolts, platforming, vehicles

User Tag List