Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 8th August 2008, 04:29 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-E-T View Post
Now this is the kind of opposition I can respect, and an opinion I can almost actually agree with. I have seen no magic used by any character throughout any of the trailers. The game went from being a fairytale about shape shifting, traversing through fantastic lands and killing witches to using technology and going through man-made worlds without the help of any magical items or abilities.

The theme - not the gameplay - does not feel right.

Although I do admire what Rare has done with the series, that is the only aspect I can think of that they "screwed up".
OH OH OH!

You meant thematic concerns and setting.

Oh, and... 666th Post!

Old 8th August 2008, 04:44 AM
Bunnycomb

Yeah, because you can pretty much do everything you could before with the vehicles now. I have absolutely no problem with the direction they're taking.

Old 9th August 2008, 10:02 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T
A lot of you guys out there really don't like the vehicles. IMO, the vehicles don't change a thing. It really annoyed me in the games that I couldn't do something until Bottles or Jamjars said it was ok.
If I'm here, expecting a new and true Banjo, is because of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Nothing in those superb games annoyed me (specially the first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T
I really like the fact that you can customize the moves and transformations and the whole nine yards if you see fit. Besides, the platforming isn't gone, it's just...limited.
Discuss.
Yes, limited... to the 20% of the game (according to Rare).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blubber View Post
I think most people who are real Banjo fans (people on this forum) have accepted the vehicles, it's just some ignorant people on other sites that think they've "ruined Banjo". Yeah, the vehicles seem fun. Although I wish they could also do their moves from the first games.
If, according to you, a real Banjo fan is who accept (after more than 8 years expecting a sequel):

- 80% of vehicles (I still can't belive it).
- no more team work/classic moves, like the beloved "Talon Trot", one of the main features of the Banjo-Kazooie saga (why it is still called "-Kazooie"?)
- drastic change in the artistic direction (blocky Banjo Piñata?... WTF?).
- no more Mumbo transformations (another of the main characteristics of the original games).
- cops (yes, I said COPS!).
- change of the core gameplay mechanic (enter the "Grand Theft Lego Banjo").
- 20% of classic platform/aventure (this has to be a joke...).
- ripped Kazooie (poor little bird).
- no more levels filled and decorated with Ã*tems (especially all those hundred of notes).
- everything what Rare says, no matter what.

... then excuse me, I prefer to be ignorant.

Pd: sorry for my bad english.

Old 9th August 2008, 11:27 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulo View Post
For christs sake, how many times do we have to say that it's still platforming in vehicles!? It's 20% on-foot platforming, 80% vehicle platforming

Therefore, it's 100% platforming

EDIT: Sorry if that came off as being rude, but it's just a bit irritating having to say the same thing over and over.

And it's not Grand Theft Lego Banjo as you appear to love saying

Last edited by RNHornets; 9th August 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Old 9th August 2008, 03:32 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
If, according to you, a real Banjo fan is who accept (after more than 8 years expecting a sequel):

- no more team work/classic moves, like the beloved "Talon Trot", one of the main features of the Banjo-Kazooie saga (why it is still called "-Kazooie"?)
- no more Mumbo transformations (another of the main characteristics of the original games).
- no more levels filled and decorated with Ã*tems (especially all those hundred of notes).

First, the art style, in my opinion, is one of the really amazing things about the game. I mean, how can you not find it beautiful? Also, the core gameplay mechanic is not changing, the vehicles simply replace moves as a way to get to Jiggies, notes, etc. Speaking of notes, there will still be hundreds of notes, and I'm sure there are going to be plenty of other items to collect as well. And like RNHornets said, it's 100% platforming.

Old 9th August 2008, 05:10 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Everytime I listen a hater , I wonder how banjo would have been if it stayed on nintendo
-Game cube
´Banjo 3
Banjo 4
Banjofun
Banjo collection (Sn'S solved)
-Wii
Banjo Wiie (for the lols)
Banjo pilot wii

Now microsoft sounds good

Old 9th August 2008, 05:50 PM
Dingpot

^Ya, since they havnt touched Master chief and put him into games like "Master chief kart racing" I know they arent gonna do crap like that xD
And god dammit, i left gamefaqs because there are so many haters. I didnt know there was a hater infestation here to DX

Old 9th August 2008, 05:51 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
If I'm here, expecting a new and true Banjo, is because of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Nothing in those superb games annoyed me (specially the first).

Mmm... If you think they screwed up Kazooie why are you whining about the title

You can always get a 360 later

Old 9th August 2008, 07:19 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHornets View Post
For christs sake, how many times do we have to say that it's still platforming in vehicles!? It's 20% on-foot platforming, 80% vehicle platforming

Therefore, it's 100% platforming
I think it sounds more like a self-convincing argument.
I'm not gonna lie to myself...

Old 9th August 2008, 07:26 PM
Dingpot

You know what i dont get is that why do people who dont like the game because of the vehicles jump into a haven for people to talk about the game, and just start bashing the game because of their BS beliefs ._. (I am sooooo screwed, but i left Gamefaqs because of bashers nonstop, and i dont want to see it here)

Old 9th August 2008, 07:58 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
I think it sounds more like a self-convincing argument.
I'm not gonna lie to myself...
This game is gonna suck bawls and i trust you 100%

Hey i also lied to myself , Sweet!

Old 9th August 2008, 08:42 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blubber View Post
First, the art style, in my opinion, is one of the really amazing things about the game. I mean, how can you not find it beautiful?
Art style is not the most important and maybe I can pass up this, but not the gameplay (which is what I really care about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blubber
Also, the core gameplay mechanic is not changing, the vehicles simply replace moves as a way to get to Jiggies, notes, etc.
That changes everything!

The vehicles are not only a simple add to the classic game mechanic that replace moves. The vehicles are the game.

They (Rare) don't want us to do special moves anymore. They want us making vehicles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Read (producer), on OXM Nuts & Bolts preview
"We wanted to remove Banjo and Kazooie's teamwork moves," Read explains. "For every move they had, it took away one of the reasons for people to build things."
http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=5588

Shame on you Rare...

Besides, what really hurts me is that teamwork/special moves was one of the most important and special/characteristic thigs of the Banjo-Kazooie series/saga. One of the things that maked it unique and not a simple Super Mario 64 rip-off.

Rat-a-tat Rap, egg firing, Talon Trot, Mumbo tranformations, Beak Barge, collecting hundreds of notes, feathers, golden feathers, etc... all these things were synonymous with Banjo-Kazooie. That was essentially Banjo-Kazooie and, mainly, it is what it is today because of all these things.

It's not fair, especially for the true and old fans, that Rare rip all these things off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blubber
Speaking of notes, there will still be hundreds of notes, and I'm sure there are going to be plenty of other items to collect as well. And like RNHornets said, it's 100% platforming.
I hope so but, until now, the levels looks very empy/"no-Banjo" to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban123 View Post
You know what i dont get is that why do people who dont like the game because of the vehicles jump into a haven for people to talk about the game, and just start bashing the game because of their BS beliefs ._. (I am sooooo screwed, but i left Gamefaqs because of bashers nonstop, and i dont want to see it here)
You are wrong. I like the game concept/idea, and I think that it will be great. But it is not an authentic Banjo-Kazooie game.

Last edited by pirulo; 9th August 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Old 9th August 2008, 08:48 PM
Dingpot

of course its authentic u idiot >_> Tell me one game that ever had an idea like this. And i dont understand why people think banjo and this would not make sense. I cannot think of how another story with diffrent characters would work for this ._. And Banjo games have always been about thinking of creative ways of completing puzzles for a challenge, and whats not creative about MAKING your own move to complete a challenge. Everything is still here, and if you dont like that you dont have your teamwork moves anymore, make yourself a kazooie vehicle that does everything in the old games, except of legs, its wheels

Old 9th August 2008, 10:19 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I don't mind the vehicles themselves, but the tasks look rather boring and generic. Knocking down dominos, jumping through hoops, kicking soccer balls into a goal, etc, all sound pretty generic to me.

Old 9th August 2008, 10:28 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
I don't mind the vehicles themselves, but the tasks look rather boring and generic. Knocking down dominos, jumping through hoops, kicking soccer balls into a goal, etc, all sound pretty generic to me.
I think all of those are tutorials

Tags
banjo-kazooie, game, nuts and bolts, platforming, vehicles

User Tag List