Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th August 2007, 09:16 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Great work Bobby! Nice to see you updating the member list as usual . Oh and Mikehive. I'll rush him along, just for you guys! Hopefully we can get it released within the next 5 days. Just maybe.

Old 30th August 2007, 09:59 PM
Dkuyu

damn, 5 days? oh well i guess i can wait

Old 30th August 2007, 10:20 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
yeah just have some patience

Old 30th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 6
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
qwertybub3 (BK,BT,DK) (E) (GAMESHARK) (NTSC)

Old 31st August 2007, 12:07 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
alright sweet, and farplane, thats what it does mean, its hard to explain but yeh, i probably should have set it out differently but oh well. also qwertybub, does that mean that all your games are emulated or just dk or you have all the games plus them all emulated?

qwertybub3 (BK,BT,DK) (E) (GAMESHARK) (NTSC)

i see youve got bk, bt and dk but then theres and (E) outside the brackets, can you just explain that to me?

Old 31st August 2007, 01:38 AM
Jinjo

I think he means he has them all for N64 and Emulated for NTSC

Old 31st August 2007, 02:04 AM
Jinjo

... Five days?

-Explodes-

This better be good.

Old 31st August 2007, 02:16 AM
Brash Breegull

it will be. Fox says it is and theres no reason to doubt him

Old 31st August 2007, 02:27 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
im sure its well worth waiting for its just that im really bored, and that its friday and im feeling a bit better so monday im going back to school, kinda wanted to have it done before i went back to school but oh well.....

Old 31st August 2007, 02:28 AM
Grunty's Reject

well if it's not good, we'll just..........FIRE OUR LAZERZ!!!

Old 31st August 2007, 03:42 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod
well if it's not good, we'll just..........FIRE OUR LAZERZ!!!
MU HA HA HA LAZERZ READY!!![/ot]

Old 31st August 2007, 10:58 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
ok i think thats right BK-SNS-BT?, if its not just pm me with the corrections, right now i am so bored waiting for something to happen, while listening to the football as there not showing the most important game for 4 teams the whole season for another 3 hours. so bored.

Old 31st August 2007, 06:23 PM
Brash Breegull

4 days left ( Hoepfully)

Old 31st August 2007, 07:26 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
In the meantime I got a nice DD64 timeline. Sorry for the crappy french translations from google. Here is the original site:

http://translate.google.com/translat...dd64%26hl%3Den

I will list some important info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo forever
Of memory of player, the first time that one intended to speak about the 64DD was in November 1995 (before even the Japanese exit of N64 in Japan) by Hiroshi Yamauchi itself
The DD64 is first mentioned in 1995 (before the release of the Japan N64).

Quote:
Indeed, a year later, the 64DD is with go and the presentation with the public proceeds on November 22 close to Tokyo
It is presented to the public in 1996 in Tokyo Japan.

Quote:
During the months which follow, the advertisements of projects are connected: Infogrames known as to work on Impossible Mission, Mario Artist is announced with new possibilities which make forget Mario Paint, Mother 3 whose first photographs announce a play with splendid graphics, Super Mario 64 2 which remained however at the stage of the rumour, Jungle Emperor Leo according to the manga of Tezuka, Hybrid Heaven Metal GEAR-killer by Konami, Donkey Kong Country 64 by Rare, etc… Lastly, Nintendo confirms the rumour according to which it will be possible to be connected to a network private via a modem.
Quote:
However, the year 1997 does not see anything coming, the 64DD does not cease being pushed back and PlayStation continues to assoir its domination on the world of the video game on console
The release of the DD64 keeps on getting pushed back, and nothing new is heard about it in 1997. The playstation begins to dominate the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Forever
It is vital for Nintendo to react and Zelda from now on is announced on cartridge under the name Ocarina of Time. Several other projects will also change support: Donkey Kong 64, Hybrid Heaven, Pokémon 64 (which becomes in the passing Pokémon Snap)… The list of the plays laid down on 64DD decreases and the future of the peripheral is announced blacker. Nintendo announces however Ura-Zelda, a parallel adventure of Link in the universe of Ocarina of Time. One also murmurs the names of Street Fighter 3 (of Capcom) and of 7th Legion (by DMA) but no image was born to confirm these rumours. It was also a question of one went back disk to Tonic Trouble by Ubi Soft after the exit of the play on N64. At Nintendo, the 64DD remains of topicality bus Miyamoto reveals that more than 20 house projects should exploit it.
In reaction to this Nintendo calls back the listed games to return to normal N64 cartridges. (Dk64 was rumoured to be on DD64)

Quote:
October 1997, of new information are revealed: US developers received the kit of development, the console is “hot-swappable” what wants to say that a play will be able to thus hold on several discs, and the 64DD should leave to the USA for the summer 1998
New info in October 1997 reveals that US developers will reveive the DD64 development kit, and that the dd64 is hot-swappable(meaning it can play several disks at one time). The DD64 should be released in the US by the summer of 1998.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Forever
The year 1998 is a succession of disappointments. In Mars, the 64DD is again pushed back for an exit, this time, unspecified. The modem should not probably leave to the USA and finally, some projects migrate on cartridge as Mother 3 (which will be born never besides on N64). With the exit of the year, the 64DD is from now on for many journalists a still-born child project.
In March, 1998 the release date for the DD64 is again pushed back and some games migrate back to N64 cartridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo forever
In June 1999, a new date is given by Nintendo: the 64DD will be available to Japan in December 1999. 10 plays will accompany its exit
The DD64 will be released in Dec 1999 with 10 games according to nintendo.

Quote:
Finally, the 64DD leaves on December 11, 1999 well to Japan but the promises are not held: 10 plays are not available but only 2
The 64DD is released in Japan on December 11,1999 with only 2 of the 10 games.

[Quote = Nintendo Forever]
In December 2000, after only one year of existence, the 64DD is officially abandoned just like RandnetDD. This last will continue to remain until Mars 2001 but the new inscriptions were not accepted any more by Nintendo.
[/Quote]
The 64DD is abandoned in Dec 2000.

Old 31st August 2007, 11:57 PM
Brash Breegull

I'm gonna take 1 final guess. By there are 2, you mean that there are 2 discoveries. In the transformation chamber in bk. There is an UNDERGROUND area which you have generated. Evidence from this comes from the ominous objects floating middair at the bottom. And the number of objects there is , is POSSIBLY 20. This room provides us with a link to the tower room in BT

Tags
hacking