Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 27th March 2011, 10:56 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
there's a far less likely chance he has the fastest time on all 13 bosses, by a dramatic amount, coincidentally offline, and did them all in 1 try as proven by his videos. That being said, he did use some pretty good tricks, but nothing we weren't already doing. Weldar, lord Woo, and patch are the biggest examples of him doing unrealisitc things
Did you ever see a TAS? A TAS would truly screw up the record times which I don't believe he does. There are nothing unrealistic about either the Weldar or Lord Woo battle - he even takes damage from Woo several times.

I would say his best battles are indeed Targitzan, Patch and HAG 1, because of the extraordinary aiming - but that can be done without tool assistance. And his Patch-time really is something special, but Patch follows a certain pattern in the beginning of the battle meaning his patches will always be in the same spots. That's why he can take out 4 in one go - he knows exactly where to aim. The rest of the battle is pure routine.

And I don't get what you mean by "doing them in one try". His old Weldar-time was 1:01:60, now it's 1:01:50. It's only Terry, Hag 1 and maybe Lord Woo that gets remarkably better, but that makes sense since Terry and Woo are luck-based and for HAG 1 you either win or get killed.

Old 28th March 2011, 12:38 AM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky Durand View Post
Did you ever see a TAS? A TAS would truly screw up the record times which I don't believe he does. There are nothing unrealistic about either the Weldar or Lord Woo battle - he even takes damage from Woo several times.

I would say his best battles are indeed Targitzan, Patch and HAG 1, because of the extraordinary aiming - but that can be done without tool assistance. And his Patch-time really is something special, but Patch follows a certain pattern in the beginning of the battle meaning his patches will always be in the same spots. That's why he can take out 4 in one go - he knows exactly where to aim. The rest of the battle is pure routine.

And I don't get what you mean by "doing them in one try". His old Weldar-time was 1:01:60, now it's 1:01:50. It's only Terry, Hag 1 and maybe Lord Woo that gets remarkably better, but that makes sense since Terry and Woo are luck-based and for HAG 1 you either win or get killed.

You see at the end of his old king coal videos, his other boss times, all of these were uploaded in the same day, and you can see the other times at the end of the videos, he literally moves from OKC to weldar, to terry (or whatever the order is) and does all 13 of these times in 1 try each going from 14:37 to 8:59. Yeah no.

Old 28th March 2011, 11:59 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
You see at the end of his old king coal videos, his other boss times, all of these were uploaded in the same day, and you can see the other times at the end of the videos, he literally moves from OKC to weldar, to terry (or whatever the order is) and does all 13 of these times in 1 try each going from 14:37 to 8:59. Yeah no.
Well I actually followed his process from the beginning on another forum. He started march 9th and fĂ*nished march 22nd. In 13 days you can really do something. Maybe he uploaded all the videos on the same day, but he recorded them over 13 days (not counting his effort to improve Targitzan before that).

You have to look for the previous time in the videos that pop up in the start of every battle to see what kind of improvement he does. And if you claim it's one try pr. boss then why isn't there a proper intro cutscene in the beginning of every video?

Just to make a slight comparison I used 4 hours the other day to get these times:
- Klungo 1: 21:10
- Klungo 2: 16:20
- Klungo 3: 19:80
- Old King Coal: 7:60
- Patch: 36:60
- Chili Billi: 33:30
- Chilly Willy: 48:30
- Mingy Jongo: 11:30

I'm telling you: no cheating - he just perfected his battles.

Old 28th March 2011, 04:45 PM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Then why can't he sign in and take my spot?

Old 28th March 2011, 08:13 PM
Jinjo

I don't know - that really isn't my area of expertise. Why would tool-assistance keep him from uploading his time?

Old 28th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
I don't know - that really isn't my area of expertise. Why would tool-assistance keep him from uploading his time?
In order to have tool assisted runs on the 360 you need a modded xbox. You cannot connect to Xbox live with a modded xbox.

Old 28th March 2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Well I actually followed his process from the beginning on another forum. He started march 9th and fĂ*nished march 22nd. In 13 days you can really do something. Maybe he uploaded all the videos on the same day, but he recorded them over 13 days (not counting his effort to improve Targitzan before that).

You have to look for the previous time in the videos that pop up in the start of every battle to see what kind of improvement he does. And if you claim it's one try pr. boss then why isn't there a proper intro cutscene in the beginning of every video?

Just to make a slight comparison I used 4 hours the other day to get these times:
- Klungo 1: 21:10
- Klungo 2: 16:20
- Klungo 3: 19:80
- Old King Coal: 7:60
- Patch: 36:60
- Chili Billi: 33:30
- Chilly Willy: 48:30
- Mingy Jongo: 11:30

I'm telling you: no cheating - he just perfected his battles.
I've put in a lot more than a couple weeks, and coolboyman more than perfected his times and is a full minute behind. There is not a single person that has 9x.x0 in the world other than him and BARELY, He just also happens to coincidentally have JUST under 9 minutes which is probably his reason for uploading/doing this. Those times are nice though, you got the 16.20 on klungo 2, i couldn't get that, tied me on 1, and are .10 behind me on 3. Patch is just incredible though and well, all of those times are damn good, but they're not the times we brought up, and they're still not his times lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
In order to have tool assisted runs on the 360 you need a modded xbox. You cannot connect to Xbox live with a modded xbox.
Exactly.

Old 28th March 2011, 09:36 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Oh I see - I must admit that sounds suspicious..

Still I don't think his videos are perfect in any way, but well, that might be part of the plan.

Old 28th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Mingy Jonjo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Why don't you people just ask him in a comment if he's using TAS? You could probably be able to tell or not depending on what he says.

Old 28th March 2011, 10:08 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooie View Post
Why don't you people just ask him in a comment if he's using TAS? You could probably be able to tell or not depending on what he says.
Since he wants to put the videos on speeddemosarchive.com. It's kind of self-explanatory what his answer would be.

Still no one on that site complained about his videos, yet.

Old 29th March 2011, 07:28 AM

I confronted him on personal messages on youtube and he claimed that he put 'a lot of effort in, just look at my megaman vids, im obviously a pro'. then goes on to say that i could do it too if i tried and learned the methods; So i was very sure to explain to him that i've been playing these games for 208x as long as him and invented half the methods he's using in his videos. He had no response.

Old 29th March 2011, 07:50 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
I confronted him on personal messages on youtube and he claimed that he put 'a lot of effort in, just look at my megaman vids, im obviously a pro'. then goes on to say that i could do it too if i tried and learned the methods; So i was very sure to explain to him that i've been playing these games for 208x as long as him and invented half the methods he's using in his videos. He had no response.
He sounds full of himself, do you mind posting the reply when he gives one?

Old 29th March 2011, 11:31 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
In speedrunning it's not a matter of time used on the game, but the execution.

Which methods was it you invented? Cause I don't see him using any other than Demon Lab Rats technique for HAG 1, which I gave him.

Old 31st March 2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
In speedrunning it's not a matter of time used on the game, but the execution.

Which methods was it you invented? Cause I don't see him using any other than Demon Lab Rats technique for HAG 1, which I gave him.
He specifically said he used things like my terry two round method, and wonderwing on mingy that he read from this exact guide.

Old 3rd April 2011, 03:39 PM
formerly DemonLabRat

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldar-Kazooie View Post
Also, I'm very impressed that someone could beat my Lord Woo Fak Fak time. Well done LabRat!

I know what you mean as well, I believe an ideal time for that boss could be as low as perhaps 53 seconds, but it's oh so difficult to attain! I don't mind the boss either, which is probably why we're the best at it!
(Incredibly sorry for the late reply. Been a bit busy recently)

Thanks for that!

Yeah, 53 seconds is definitely possible. Just attempted the boss again about half an hour ago and destroyed the boils in 26 seconds, and finished with a record time of 0:55.70! (Total=10:26.70) *Insert face that literally explodes with happiness here*
Bearing in mind that I did the boils in 21-22 seconds before now, 53 seconds is definitely possible, but I'll be 69 by the time I attain it.
Should I aim to get lower than what I got for this boss, or should I focus on another one?

EDIT: Just lowered my Mr Patch enough to get to a point where my total time is exactly 2 seconds more than Weldar-Kazooie's. Not at all certain I can get it as low as Coolboyman's though.
And congrats to Jacky Durand for reaching 5th on the leaderboards!

Last edited by 30-50 feral rats; 3rd April 2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: I love editing! :D (no)

User Tag List