Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th June 2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Been making my way through Neon Genesis Evangelion on N64, which features a lot of Mario Party-style button mashing. Not sure how I'm supposed to be holding the N64 controller on the mission I'm at in order to execute the button inputs correctly. However, I have respect for the game and its MIDI-fied classical soundtrack, and it is satisfying to make progress through, so I will persevere.

In order to delay the permanent ligament damage that NGE is causing, I swapped out the PS4 for the PS3 (I will restore the PS4 when they put out a game I'd like to play on it, which using the sample size of the past three years will be never), and played 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand, which I enjoyed the first level of and will continue with. I also started a fresh file on The Last Guy, which I always liked but have never been able to complete. And then some Vib Ribbon using the only CD on hand, The Copyrights album, Shit's ****ed.

They also finally did something to the PSN store on PS3 to make it slightly more usable - evidenced by the fact they finally updated the main graphic from FIFA 17 to FIFA 19 - and there's some old SEGA games on there discounted to almost nothing, so I was able to get a few games, including SEGA Bass Fishing, for the equivalent of a few dollars.

Old 8th June 2019, 04:59 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 

Played Arcanum a few times before but never made it beyond the first town, so I'm finally setting out to finish it. The beginning slog isn't as bad as say Fallout 2, so that's good at least.

Old 8th June 2019, 05:50 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm trying to beat Sora on hard. It's really hard. After around 200 tries I finally managed to not get murdered by beyblades in the desert, but now I'm trapped in gay baby jail with Sham's electric toy collection. Nobody will know what any of that means.

Old 8th June 2019, 06:23 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Started Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu

Y'all, wild Pokemon battles are the most boring part of classic Pokemon for me, apparently. This game is from heaven.

Old 11th June 2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, as a cover shooter, is more fun than at least the first two Uncharted games.

Old 19th June 2019, 10:10 PM
Trash Apprentice

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Went through the World of Light Mode in Smash Ultimate and 100% it which was a pretty fun experience. Now I'm back on Breath of the Wild. I got up to the last boss on the Wiiu back when it first came out, then about a year ago I got it again on the switch and have been slowly going through it. They finally added the option to switch to the Japanese voices! Usually I don't care too much, I'll go with either or, but the English-VO is just so unbearingly terrible. Everybody sounds like they come from like, 2 people slightly changing their voices for each character. Even the old people sound 20! Anyway since I was able to switch (heh) that's been nice. Such a relaxing game. Can't wait for the sequel! ^^

Old 22nd June 2019, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Virtua Tennis 2009

Old 30th June 2019, 10:03 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I bought a Playstation Classic yesterday and played through all of Jumping Flash today. It is a pretty short game. It is a pretty impressive 3d platformer for a game that came out before Super Mario 64. The game is in the first person, which kind of made me disoriented at first. The camera pans down when you do the double jump, so you can know where you land easier.

Old 5th July 2019, 01:20 AM
Von Kriplespac

I've been playing American Truck Simulator in celebration of Freedom Day. Just wanted to remind everyone that Truck Simulator is indeed not a meme, it's a legit good game. If the idea of driving down the highway while listening to classic rock over internet radio sounds fun to you, then you should play it. You start as a contractor doing jobs with provided trucks, but soon you can start buying and customizing your own trucks and managing your own transportation business. You can even explore the world between jobs to find more dealerships and business opportunities.

Old 12th July 2019, 01:28 AM
Formerly Vampy

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Psn has Detroit become human for free this month plus it comes with heavy rain so I am excited to play those soon.

Old 15th July 2019, 05:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

100% Orange Juice is currently running a summer event featuring a gyaru dog loli in a swimsuit as a raid boss. Are other video games even trying?

Old 18th July 2019, 02:59 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew were added to the Nintendo Switch Online's NES games. Donkey Kong 3 feels like they just took the Donkey Kong brand and threw it on a random game. There aren't any similarities between it and the other two games. DK Jr at least still had you jumping and avoiding hazards to get to the top of the board. You just spray bug repellent in DK3. It isn't much fun.

Wrecking Crew is OK. Also, it just donned on me that the yellow construction outfit Mario wears in Super Mario Maker is a reference to this game.

Old 18th July 2019, 03:16 AM
Trash Apprentice

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Recently been going through Moonlighter which is a fun Zelda-like where you sell all the various materials you find as you upgrade your shop and go through the games dungeons. So far it's actually pretty fun and I'm discovering things to like about it every time I play it.

Old 30th July 2019, 09:03 PM
Von Kriplespac

I did an OoT rando run for the first time in a while. I set it to randomize the rules, and thankfully it didn't give me 100 skultulas for Ganon. I'd like to try doing a race sometime, but I'm anti-social as heck and don't see that happening any time soon.

Old 1st August 2019, 05:57 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
i have been playing final fantasy on the nintendo entertainment system. my main gripe is: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_bugs

User Tag List