Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 6th July 2006, 07:10 PM
Most Annoying Member

The oldbies think we are babies, who don't know what SNS is.
They think that our findings have been found 10000 years ago, by a caveman.
Anyway, I found Chosen One in the code chamber's memory.
If SNS was a hoax, would they have removed, this?

Old 6th July 2006, 07:21 PM
Most Annoying Member

Yes, this may be confusing but here it is.
8133b12C 1537, 3715.
I found it in the memory while searching Chosne One.
SNS's answer could be getting closer.

Old 6th July 2006, 07:32 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyDark
The oldbies ... think that our findings have been found 10000 years ago, by a caveman.
Anyway, I found Chosen One in the code chamber's memory.
Be careful. The Code Chamber and Chosen One have been discussed in the past. Just because you weren't around for it, don't think it didn't happen. I'm all for your efforts, so keep at it, just watch the lashing out.

Let me recap what was investigated. The BT Player's Guide had a picture of the Code Chamber in which the letters were red. The combination of letters matched no known "code" but consisted of the letters to spell out Chosen One.

I am not sure if a memory search of the code chamber was done, but as thorough as the investigation at the RWP is, I'm pretty sure it was. Can anyone confirm if the memory search was done back then, and what was found?

Does the Chosen One text appear in memory if you go directly to the Code Chamber? It could be remnant if you go to JiggyWiggy Castle first and then go to the Code Chamber.

Old 6th July 2006, 07:36 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyDark
The oldbies think we are babies, who don't know what SNS is.
They think that our findings have been found 10000 years ago, by a caveman.
Once again: AlmostJinkies' thread WAS NOT about you.
He was talking about people who connect SnS to everything, who find out the 2 leftover jiggies at the end of BK and think it's related to SnS, etc, etc.
Nobody EVER mentioned you, why are you being so offended?

By the way, I'm very interested in this Jiggywiggy challenge 16 and I'm can't wait to see what this will turn out to be.
I doubt it is related to SnS, but who knows? Maybe it is.

Now, cut that "oh everybody is mocking me" crap. I can't tell if it is an awesome finding or not until I know what the 16th challenge does.
And there ARE hackers out there better than you, but that doesn't mean you are a bad hacker. Actually, your idea of editing savestates using hex instead of using the memory editor (since the editor keeps crashing in BT) was very inteligent. You may have find this by accident but it's still a finding.
Now, let's move on with hacking and forget about this, ok?

Last edited by LaorBR; 6th July 2006 at 07:39 PM.

Old 6th July 2006, 08:08 PM
Most Annoying Member

Icegod (or whoever posted the pics) has donated some pictures about the Challenge 16.
For those who didn't know, I am NOT trying to find SNS, I am picking up the few remains, that Slaphappy, Hatrick, Ice Mario, etc, have dropped.
I don't think everything I find, leads to SNS.
Some valid points made by elder members.
-The 2 jiggies have nothing to do with SNS, as everyone was trying to tell us.
-The Quaqmire Door is just a mislead.
-Super Special Challenge isn't related.
-Neither is the Code Chamber.
Here is my valid SNS theory.
1. Do something in BT.

2. Jiggywiggy opens his new challenge, number 11.

3. You get a code for the code chamber, not Chosen One.

4. Type it in, and something happens in BK.

5. Switch to BK.

6. Ice wall is gone, you collect Key.

7. Transfer Key to DK64, it unlocks something.

8. The Blue and Pink Egg, do what they did in BT.

9. The yellow egg does the same.

10. Green unlocks secret level Fungi Forest.

11. Strangely, it has 20 Jiggies.

12. Beat it and Jiggywiggy gives you 8 more.

Now you have 128, beat the 16 challenge to unlock Bottles Revenge.
The Cyan egg just gives you Ice Kazooie, and the Red Egg gets you the 8 jiggies from Jiggywiggy.

This is probably either (most likely) the original plan for SNS, or the real thing.

Old 6th July 2006, 09:54 PM
Bunnycomb

Your theory of SNS sounds too cool to be true, and I doubt that it was Rare's plan.

Old 6th July 2006, 10:25 PM
veteran

Here is proof Stop n Swop doesnt exist: The Rare-extreme forums then go to the Banjo World thread, aand there is a topic called, "i know the answer to SNS, no bs seriously,"

Old 7th July 2006, 06:27 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
That whole thread at Rare-Extreme, which I was a part of, is not the truth of Stop N Swop. The guy was simply saying he had connections with someone at Rare and that employee told him about Stop n Swop. For one thing, Rare is under an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). In other words, because of that NDC, Rare employees can NEVER mention Stop N Swop--even if they no longer work for Rare--without the possibly of getting fired (if they still work there) and/or sued.

And yes Raizr, you can join. I've already put you're name on the Team SFS list along with Crystal Bear and Krueger14: http://www.rare-elite.com/teamsfs.php

Old 7th July 2006, 10:07 AM
Grunty's Reject

Um this is likely (very) not to work but maybe entering just chosen later in the game after weve got this is it? Because the letters used in The Chosen One are all used by Cheat Chosen. Just a thought.

Old 7th July 2006, 01:13 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
I wrote an article on Chillydark's discovery. Not very long, but here it is: http://www.rare-elite.com/snsstation.morechallenges.php

Old 7th July 2006, 04:15 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Those are all good ideas with all of the theories you all are giving. And maybe, perhaps, some or all of them could be correct in a way.

Is there any other particular articles anyone wants me to write? I'm going to do one on the Chosen One Y thing next but I'm open for any requests.

Old 7th July 2006, 04:19 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I post my ideas to give some ideas to all Team SFS members...maybe some of its will help you?

Good idea with article about chosen one code! You should update BR aricle with 2001 scribes stuff and you should write that Rare in March 2005 on scribes(after BR discover)said that RWP has pretty close to solve SNS.And don't forgot about DB icon in Tower of Tragedy and DB pictures in GBTG!
You should write article about Gruntilda Lair(Tower Room) in BT.
I don't believe whats those hakers said that SNS was canned or NEVER EXISTED.I believe that SNS live and give us secret level,Bottles'Revenge,new transformation and in all 130 jiggies.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 7th July 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Old 8th July 2006, 06:27 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
I'll definately be doing one on the Code Chamber next and then I'll do one on the Tower Room afterward.

Old 8th July 2006, 04:55 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I yesterday played Banjo-Tooie with GS code"have 100% all" and went to JW temple.Number of jiggies changed to:0,255,63,62,2,1,112,175,90,91,36,45,55,128 but always back to 128.128 looks like correct number.And then challange 16 is possiblity...
but Banjo not have enough jiggies to attempt challange 16...Strange.

Old 9th July 2006, 07:32 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
It is a coincidence that it reverts back to 128, but with all those other numbers there that go beyond the 128 it's really possible that it just may be another dead end afterall.

But the Challenge 16 portion is still mighty intriguing. That most of all needs to be looked into and also the amount of Jiggies Challenge 16 actually requires.