Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th March 2007, 09:23 AM
Clanker

Boogies hut in HFP

say that in BT, there was meant to be special rooms or locations that would change music to a distinct fanfare when a special something was activated, like what occurs in Sharkfood Isle, X barrel, Nabnuts table (doubt yellow egg would still be with Nabnuts when finals would have been made to SNS in BK), and so on like we've witnessed in BK.

This is kinda based off of the now infamous GGM sound clip of a supposed newly discovered fanfare that was thought to originally only exist in BK and DK64 (in an alternate mix). Could it be possible, in early development of BT, that the basement to boogies hut, could be the placeholder for one of the mystery eggs (best guess being blue or cyan) once activated and such? The surrounding pictures in the open room and the red carpet directly in the middle of the area just feels far too suspicious. I'm guessing perhaps the same thing would have been done with Blackeye, being the pink egg resting on his table.

Say instead of cartridges in those three caves in BT, there were meant to be switches with pictures of the eggs and key in their locations instead. This is based off of the picture the supposed Rare employee posted a while back with the ice key switch. My guess is these switches would trigger SNS from BT's side signaling BK. The sandcastle codes were just back ups Rare put in for safety reasons and such if hotswaping didn't work the way they wanted to, as quoted from them awhile back "We've got our own sneaky alternate way of getting the items." We were NEVER meant to use the sandcastle codes to access any of the items. Hammerhead Beach was the ultimate prize for all this work, a special level only accessable through linking. "Complete BK, complete BT, trigger from BT to BK, go back to BK to collect items," then use items in BK or BT (not sure which one). This whole thing though, would probably debunk the item placements in BT, but i'm sure Rare was experimenting with many ideas and possibilities to make this concept work.

Sorry this is going off a tangent and such, but basically i'm asking what you guys think could be possible "secret rooms" that might have been considered in BT like the existing ones in BK. I'm sure Boogies basement is pretty suspicious, if not another red hering.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 31st March 2007, 02:19 AM
Dingpot

I'll assume that HFP stands for Hailfire Peaks, but what's "Boogies hut"?

Old 31st March 2007, 02:27 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Yeah, What is boogie's hut? I haven't played BT in a while...

Old 31st March 2007, 02:41 AM
Bunnycomb

I think he means igloo.

Old 31st March 2007, 03:56 AM
Glowbo

I think he means Boggy's.

Old 31st March 2007, 04:25 AM
Clanker

yeah whatever it is, sorry i was just throwing that in there. "Boggy's New Igloo." Funny how everyone focused on that more than the actual question. I'm starting to think that people are just posting messages on here to up their post count. Thats fine, i used to do a bit of that back in teh oldin days, but with good reason. Also i'm wondering if any of you read the whole opening message.

To long?
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 2nd April 2007, 02:43 PM
Jinjo

you have a point there many places are accessable without a true purpose. however i must ask one question what fanfare was located in GGM? and more over has anyone tired to see if it is located in any of these other pointless rooms?

Old 10th April 2007, 01:31 AM
Glowbo

Eh.. sorry to kind of go off like this but, it's just a damn picture man. Nothing too suspicious

Old 10th April 2007, 01:45 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon
you have a point there many places are accessable without a true purpose. however i must ask one question what fanfare was located in GGM? and more over has anyone tired to see if it is located in any of these other pointless rooms?
The Fanfare that was part of Coolboyman's april fool's joke.

Old 10th April 2007, 02:33 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum jiggy
To long?
No, pretty short actually. I suppose I was one of the few who actually read the whole thing though, heh.

I think your idea could be very true. It all makes perfect sense.

Old 12th April 2007, 11:53 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
ice key switch picture? when was this?