Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th September 2013, 10:55 AM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

Rainbow Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX!

Anyone else excited? I already have my copy pre-ordered!

Old 8th September 2013, 11:20 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Been excited ever since it came out in JP. Not getting it though because only my brother owns a PS3, and he'll be moving out pretty soon
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 8th September 2013, 02:43 PM

Awww, that sucks. Kingdom Hearts is the reason I got a PS3. I was hoping for KH3, but this will sate my thirst for now. Till 2.5 comes out.

Old 8th September 2013, 04:24 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I probably won't get it right away but I definitely want it at some point. I only really played the first game.

Old 8th September 2013, 04:31 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Seeing as I've never touched the series and I need more PS3 games, this is tempting, but my schedule is already filled up with GTAV later this month, and I just picked up the Sly Cooper HD collection along with the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD bundle. Not to mention all teh PS4 games I plan to play. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze this in over next summer alongside Uncharted.

Old 8th September 2013, 04:55 PM

It's a fantastic time to jump in, seeing as it's the first two games (in order of release), plus it's the master edition, which never made it out of Japan. Oh, and it's only 40 bucks.

Old 8th September 2013, 06:18 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY KINGDOM HEARTS GAMES TO PLAY

I mean, Final Fantasy may have its numbered sequels but Kingdom Hearts somehow has managed to take 2 games and make 8 MORE just from that time span.

Don't get me wrong, I love the **** out of Kingdom Hearts and it's one of my favorite action-RPG series' of all time, but holy crap, what's wrong with just chilling for a moment until 3 comes out?

Old 8th September 2013, 06:23 PM

A question, not to be rude or anything, but have you played all of them? The lore for the KH series is really complex, and each of the games covers a specific span of time that weave together to make a fantastic plot. And to be fair, this isn't a new game, they just blew the dust of the first one to appease the fans while we wait for KH3. And besides. MASTER EDITION!! and I think I'm getting an artbook if I'm not mistaken.

Old 8th September 2013, 06:25 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
I've played the main series games but I haven't delved into the handhelds or re:coded or anything like that. I'm kind of interested in playing all of them but both of my PS2s are pretty much dead. At least this new one seems to tie in Re:Chain of Memories with the first and I hear they're coming out with a 2.5 ReMIX so maybe I can get caught up with that.

Old 8th September 2013, 06:37 PM

1.5 has the master edition of 1, plus chain of memories, and turns 358/2 days into a movie. And yeah, I've heard rumors of 2.5 as well. But the Handheld games tie in the backstory and explain the deatails of what's happening between the games. Birth By SLeep (PSP) is the prequel to the series and takes place 10 years before KH1, and explains the whole major villian plot. then KH1 happens, then Chain of Memories (GBA) bridges the gap between KH1 and KH2. Meanwhile, 358/2 days (DS) begins towards the end of KH1 (when Sora turns into a heartless) and ends at the start of KH2. Coded takes place after 2, and Dream Drop Distance (3DS) introduces KH3.

Old 8th September 2013, 08:05 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
It's called Final Mix, not master edition
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 8th September 2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
It's called Final Mix, not master edition
Final Mix, Master Edition, Same difference, whatever it is, I'm Getting it

Old 12th September 2013, 10:31 PM

Woot! Finally got my copy!!

Old 13th September 2013, 02:40 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I remember playing the original on PS2 a while back. I've been curious about the series, but there's so many of them - it's overwhelming. I don't know what all this Final Mix, Re:, Chained, Remix stuff is, I just want to play 1, 2 and 3. Same goes for Final Fantasy; I only want to play, like, maybe 1-10 or something like that.

I doubt i'll find the originals, so where do I find the remakes? Which ones are the spin-offs? If you can answer the same for the Final Fantasy games, that'll help too.

Old 13th September 2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBB View Post
I remember playing the original on PS2 a while back. I've been curious about the series, but there's so many of them - it's overwhelming. I don't know what all this Final Mix, Re:, Chained, Remix stuff is, I just want to play 1, 2 and 3. Same goes for Final Fantasy; I only want to play, like, maybe 1-10 or something like that.

I doubt i'll find the originals, so where do I find the remakes? Which ones are the spin-offs? If you can answer the same for the Final Fantasy games, that'll help too.
KH and KH2 are the main games in the series. All the other titles are spin-offs. Though you're robbing yourself of the true experience if you don't play them. 1.5 HD ReMix is the HD remake of the original KH game, along with 2 of the spin-offs.

Tags
awesome, kingdom hearts, ps3, remake

User Tag List