Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 1st July 2020, 06:12 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
THE YOKO TARO GACHA IS HERE LETS ****ING GOOOOOO

Old 2nd July 2020, 03:18 AM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firealpha View Post
Working through that massive itch.io bundle of stuff, I've played Signs of the Sojourner. It's like an abstract conversation simulator, I guess, where the main gameplay loop is using your constantly updating deck to create chains of matching symbols with the other characters in the game. Started off slow, but it really opens up to a lot of interesting choices and possible story threads as you get into it. Looking forward to replaying through that one and making different choices. Every single decision I made felt weighty. Successes and failures felt earned, and a result of the options I took. Would absolutely recommend giving it a go. A single playthrough is only a few hours.
Ahh damn I have dug through the whole bundle but haven't actually touched anything outside of 2064: ROM and the zombie apocalypse tactics game that I don't recall. Need to put some time aside to dig into the weird side of that bundle.

They/Them

Old 2nd July 2020, 05:57 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Well, SINoALICE is definitely a Yoko Taro game. Both because:
Spoiler:
Are you really sure? Yes, I'm sure Clicking this link will show a major spoiler. Don't do it if you don't want to know! Show Me!

And because its gameplay sucks ass.

I will say, SINoALICE gets some mileage out of its single-paragraph/single-sentence cutscenes. "Bondage" pretty accurately describes the titular Alice, but there's a little more to it.

The way she talks about her author, literally basking in what she describes as his radiant light -- it's like she's talking about god. And Lewis Carroll would pretty much be a god to her. When the puppets **** with her, the choice of phrase they use is "not exist," planting a seed of doubt that her author can even be found in this land

And during her initial chapters, Alice feels guilt about all the killing but says there's no other choice. And as she takes more lives without coming closer to her goal, her mission to meet her author transforms into just knowing if he "exists." As her doubt grows, Alice becomes numb to her murders. The validity alone of her cause is the only thing that matters now.

In her meeting with Snow White, they both see their goals as incompatible. Yet they both kill for vague causes that some part of them says isn't real. It's just Alice who acknowledges her actions are wrong, tells herself she has no choice. Meanwhile Snow White says to herself that her actions are righteous -- as she's one who upholds "justice," therefore any action she takes must be just.

And like the characters in the story, I the Gamer, must extract meaning from the hours I spent on this shit game.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 2nd July 2020 at 10:47 PM.

Old 2nd July 2020, 07:35 AM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I have already resorted to auto-dueling to get my dailies in, so I guess I got gacha'd.

Also I restarted Tooie. Got through all the 9 Jiggies you can get in Mayahem Temple on your first visit and then stopped. I can't lose this save file now, because I'm so tired of replaying Mayahem Temple. Even if Stony Soccer is good.

Old 2nd July 2020, 04:47 PM
Chasing Childhood

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Airplane View Post
I have already resorted to auto-dueling to get my dailies in, so I guess I got gacha'd.

Also I restarted Tooie. Got through all the 9 Jiggies you can get in Mayahem Temple on your first visit and then stopped. I can't lose this save file now, because I'm so tired of replaying Mayahem Temple. Even if Stony Soccer is good.
I've been casually grinding through the intro stuff in Duel-Links. Just whaled on Joey as Kaiba, but booster packs have been a bit lack lustre so far. Forgot how many niche/almost unplayable cards there are in Yu-Gi-Oh. Feel spoiled from years of Hearthstone for some reason haha.

I have put so many more play-through attempts into Kazooie than Tooie, so MM is more back of my hand than MT. But any time I go back to Tooie, I am always shocked at how well laid out MT is to just cruise through and grab everything that you are able to. Tho it has been a few years now.

EDIT: Oh blimey finally installed the full download for Duel Link and now they're throwing all the shiny rare cards at me. oooo feeling like moby dick out here

They/Them

Last edited by Mr/Sir Norris; 2nd July 2020 at 05:03 PM.

Old 2nd July 2020, 05:07 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I just decided from the start that I would buy a deck and modify it as I go. The Bandit Keith deck I bought is great!

Also, it's only 1000 gems to buy a deck without paying money, and I had like 4000 gems yesterday just from doing a few missions. Didn't even feel like grinding.

Old 2nd July 2020, 10:45 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I am all aboard the SINoAlice train now. Yoko Taro's got me by the balls. It's a gacha with actual character development, taking place through philosophical musings on why or if we even exist. With cute girls.

Spoiler:
Are you really sure? Yes, I'm sure Clicking this link will show a major spoiler. Don't do it if you don't want to know! Show Me!

Last edited by Solid Snix; 2nd July 2020 at 10:47 PM.

Old 2nd July 2020, 10:46 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr/Sir Norris View Post
Ahh damn I have dug through the whole bundle but haven't actually touched anything outside of 2064: ROM and the zombie apocalypse tactics game that I don't recall. Need to put some time aside to dig into the weird side of that bundle.
Will be interested to hear if you find more good stuff! Gun Rounds is also a nice lil' roguelike, but nothing else has really enamored me yet. Will prioritize 2064 in my next download wave, though.

Old 3rd July 2020, 01:37 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Decided to hop into some Samurai Showdown. About a week ago, I played 26 matches and lost all of them, but that taught me a lot about the game. Every match I played since has been a victory -- that being two matches. My heart can only take one match against a real person at a time, I get real bad anxiety for some reason.

But I know how to play a fighting game, something I didn't think I had the dexterity to ever do. It helps that there isn't really a big combo game in Samsho, but it turns out you don't need Adderall dexterity to play fighting games. You can take your time with circle motions. I still am not consistent with them, but I'm consistent enough.

But I also know how to play a fighting game now in the sense that I know how to approach a combatant. You don't throw attacks out praying something sticks. You bait out an opponent's attack and then punish. Or punish for them not doing anything but guard. You just gotta learn what you can do to bait and what you can do to punish with the character you chose to play.

This video helped a lot in learning how to get into a fighting game and understanding that you don't need to be born with Fighting Game Genes to do so:

Old 3rd July 2020, 07:52 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
i played glove-on fight

Old 13th July 2020, 03:34 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I still play Mario Kart Tour here and there. It's still fine for what it is as a free game, and I appreciate that they take some classic tracks and reverse them or add new elements or reverse them AND add new elements. That being said, the gacha thing is still awful and only doing well rank-wise by having the best characters is pretty shitty.

They added Rosalina in swimwear as this tour's spotlight character and it seems really skeevy- "Let's take one of our most popular characters and put her in beachwear because people are definitely going to spend money on gems to try to get her!" I don't like that one bit.

So anyway:

Refusing to spend money on this, I save whatever free gems I earn from previous tours and only use them if they add anything good, and by anything good, I really mean, "If they add a new Rosalina." I try to save enough gems for at least 70 pulls. Unfortunately that means I could only try one x10 roll for Peach in a wedding dress in the last tour, or not at all for Waluigi as a bus driver during the London tour, but.. maybe I'll get another chance.

Old 15th July 2020, 04:17 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 15th July 2020, 08:47 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I’m nearing the end of my play through of all the Dragon Quest games. I only have Eleven left. Therefore, I decided to start playing through all of Final Fantasy as I’ve never finished one before despite owning all of them. I’m playing the first game at the moment and liking it a lot. Just made it to Melmond, which is probably pretty early in. I had a hard time with the Dark Elf Astos, since he instantly killed my healer with a spell. I won in the long run though.

Old 16th July 2020, 03:35 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I was playing FF1 pretty recently. It's got a really interesting atmosphere for an RPG of the era it's in. Final Fantasy 1 also has a story that gets kind of insane for 1987, but you don't reach that point for a while.

I was at the temple where you get the class upgrades, but I haven't played it in a few weeks. My team is Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage. I think I'd swap White Mage for Red Mage just to have another source of decent damage since White Mage isn't that useful whenever you don't need a heal, buff or revive. White Mage is good for clearing undead at least.

Old 16th July 2020, 07:47 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

It begins.

I said I was going to save my cuck bux but I might not because A2 is CUTE

CUTE!

User Tag List