Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 24th December 2022, 06:18 AM
Brash Breegull

Banjo-Kazooie Blindfolded

I've got a new project... playing through Banjo-Kazooie whilst blindfolded. Not very far yet, but I'm through Spiral Mountain and a third of Mumbo's Mountain. TL;DR on the "how": I practiced a lot to find deterministic routes that could be done the same way every time, and then slipped on a blindfold to determine if it was still as deterministic when I couldn't see.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...k71fxUakGmfUtp

Old 24th December 2022, 07:43 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

Total Awards: 3
RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
finding normalized setups for everything will be important. or just luck, i guess. people have beaten super metroid blindfolded, with normalized setups, but i can only imagine how much more difficult it will be with a third dimension.

good luck, at any rate. gonna check this out

Last edited by neen; 24th December 2022 at 08:02 AM.

Old 24th December 2022, 09:29 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
You should use the R button to make the camera follow you constantly, making note of areas it snaps away from your control. When you get lost and don't know where/what direction you're facing, knowing what direction the camera is pointing in relation to yourself cuts the confusion in half.

Also keep the camera at its zoom setting closest to Banjo. Since you're not using it to actually see anything, this is useful to prevent it from clipping

Old 6th January 2023, 10:53 PM
Brash Breegull

Hi guys. neen I am indeed finding normalized setups, and it is indeed pretty hard, but possible.

qwertykins76 for the most part I’ve been finding strats that make the camera automatically move in a particular way that suits me, as well as normalized movement techniques (especially Beak Barge) that can go in a particular desired direction regardless of the camera’s current shenanigans. I hadn’t thought of zooming the camera in. While I don’t know that I would need to always do that, I do think that zooming may indeed be helpful to keep the camera more under control in some spots where it likes to be finicky (you’ll see what I mean in the Mumbo’s Mountain Yellow Jinjo video when I upload that one). Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it

User Tag List