Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2004, 01:23 AM
Clanker

^^^^ didn't make any sense.
trust me i am right i know it. it might just be bottles revenge or something they were working with nintendo to get an extra million.

Old 8th August 2004, 12:08 AM
Dingpot

the way you make this post sound, why would rare have left in a seemingly small piece of data such as the pictures in blackeye's room? if they had time to program a new move and playable character, surely they weren't too far into developement to change a few things. the way your theory works out, they're mocking themselves, if not the memory of the nintendo 64.

also, presuming players had never found the sandcastle cheats, what would players have made of finding not two but three eggs in banjo tooie? were the last four eggs to be found after some process involving banjo tooie? and if so, where are the cinematic scenes to accompany the appearence of said eggs?

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 9th August 2004, 01:19 AM
Glowbo

Is there any way to determine the year of one's N64? I don't remember when I got mine, and since I don't have B-K (only B-T, rented B-K and beat it 100% so never got it) I cant really play with anything, but if it's an old 64 then maybe I'll go get B-K...

Then again, maybe I will anyways since it was a good game and it's been a long time... >_>

Old 10th August 2004, 04:55 AM
Dingpot

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/beta.php

take a look at the shots which show the DK64 locker with the B&K face, as well as the DK picture above banjo's bed. i thought this relates to your idea of DK64 being the test link for the ice key, however, this would tell us that rare knew the whole deal of SNS wouldn't work before the release of BK, therefore removing the pictures.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 31st March 2007, 10:06 PM
Glowbo

Wow. Good job slaphappy! That is the best SNS theory I have seen since... forever! Finally someone did some creditable research.

I don't know if this is related or not, but...

Back in 2006 I was playing BT NTSC, and was making save states that would progress level-by-level up to a finished game. So when I was done I went to the Save folder to dig out all the BT savestates. I saw a wierd folder with a -(double-dotted i)(P symbol thing) as its name. i thought "what's that?" and took a screenshot. The folder's gone, I have a new computer now. This picture has been lying around on my HD for ages, thought I would tell ya'll just incase it is related to Stop 'N' Swop.
Attached Images
File Type: png Wierd folder.PNG (31.4 KB, 98 views)

Old 31st March 2007, 10:24 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Bumping old topics = bad..

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 31st March 2007, 10:27 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
This is where Ghouly Boy posted,i'm assuming he did this because he saw it in the link they were dicussing at the other thread involving GB.Oh well,just a bump,what 'cha gonnna do about it?
Andre:*lock*

Old 1st April 2007, 12:31 AM
Glowbo

I was reading this thread for 5 minutes until I realized how old it was.

Also, about that strange folder. My PJ64 save folder has 4 of those things, but I'm really not sure what games caused them to be, or if it was just something the emulator itself did for some reason.

Old 1st April 2007, 03:12 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme123
Bumping old topics = bad..
Yes, bad. Sorry, but Simion32, if you're going to revive an old topic, please post some useful information. But, you posted that weird folder thing, so I guess it was ok to post here. But I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with SNS.

Old 1st April 2007, 04:31 AM
Glowbo

I have a confession to make. Sorry guys.

Ok, even if the information about the folder thing was at all useful, it was truly my mistake. I was, as ConkerKing hypothesized, looking at the other thread where they were discussing Ghouly Boy. I saw the link to this topic, and proceeded to read the entire thread, after which I posted a reply. By the time I had realized just how OLD this thread was, it was too late. I thought I was in big trouble for reviving this two-year old thread (and I probbably am ). I then saw whyme's post which made me feel even more embarrassed. I hope you can forgive me.

Old 1st April 2007, 07:18 AM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simion32
I have a confession to make. Sorry guys.

Ok, even if the information about the folder thing was at all useful, it was truly my mistake. I was, as ConkerKing hypothesized, looking at the other thread where they were discussing Ghouly Boy. I saw the link to this topic, and proceeded to read the entire thread, after which I posted a reply. By the time I had realized just how OLD this thread was, it was too late. I thought I was in big trouble for reviving this two-year old thread (and I probbably am ). I then saw whyme's post which made me feel even more embarrassed. I hope you can forgive me.
It's an easy mistake to make. Besides, with this once again being a hot topic it can't hurt for some of the newer members to read through this.

It's not like you bumped a 2 year topic regarding Banjo's Shorts colour so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 3rd April 2007, 08:09 PM
Glowbo

Ghouly Boy huh? well somehow i doubt that this is the only case that rare has posted here, or at least they have been spying or else how would they have known about and aided in the sick joke of CBM's "Discoveries", whose to say they haven't been posting to cause trouble as well?

Old 3rd April 2007, 08:28 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakazam9891
Nah, they knew about that because of inside information.
...uhhh....What?

If what you said was sarcasm i understand, but if not, please explain what you mean.

Old 3rd April 2007, 08:37 PM
Glowbo

Oh wow, must have missed that. thanks for pointing it out! =]

Old 3rd April 2007, 10:54 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
It's not like you bumped a 2 year topic regarding Banjo's Shorts colour so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Heh >_>
Remember the days when we used to get a sudden inflx of completely immature tools who would basically flood the board with ancient topic revivals, you'd come here and see 20 year old topics on page 1, all with the same last poster

Those were the days, when we used to rise up, assume angry mob form, and ritually chase such people out of the site >_>

Closed Thread

User Tag List