Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 26th March 2014, 07:08 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I've started playing Metal Gear Solid 3 for the first time, this game is impossibly hard I swear, I need my radar back! I can see it's more realistic stealth and survival but it's like I'm playing a simulator game at times, it's just a bit tedious than anything. And honestly the actual dialogue is pretty bad but the same was true for MGS2 as well.

I heard this was meant to be one of the best in the series, I'm sort of half enjoying it, sort of really not. Disappointed at least.

Old 27th March 2014, 01:13 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm playing Hitman Codename 47 now. It's a lot different than the other stealth based games I've played. I'd say it's more like a puzzle game than a stealth game, which is pretty neat.

Also I've played a little One Way Heroics. It's a roguelike that was recommended to me by the one guy I trust for niche game recommendations. It seems pretty neat so far, although a little easy. You go to the right to escape an advancing shadow of death while the final boss occasionally shows up to slap your shit. I've only played on the normal difficulty so far, so I'm interested to see what else the game has in the other difficulties.

Old 27th March 2014, 01:24 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I've been playing Animal Crossing, the first inFamous, and a lot of Gameboy games.

Old 27th March 2014, 12:22 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Infamous Second Son is incredible, I have been playing it nonstop since release. I will probably beat it for the first time today, then I'm gonna play it again as a super evil Delson.

EDIT: Beat it.

I wish I could be playing Minecraft right now. My computer is still getting work done.

Last edited by Derek; 27th March 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Old 27th March 2014, 06:31 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Moving onto Infamous Second Son tonight, but I just finished up Ground Zeroes and really enjoyed it. Sure it's short, but I had fun with it. Glad it's price for Next gen went down because I don't think it would have been worth $40.

Old 27th March 2014, 07:46 PM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
I think I'm midway in BioShock Infinite's Burial at Sea Episode 2. At first, I didn't like the new stealth gameplay, but after getting used to it, I'm really liking it.

also, that opening scene, man, right in the feels.

Old 1st April 2014, 02:02 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Beat Second Son. Good game, a bit short in the story, but I've got plenty of side missions left to do and another play through as a Bad dude.

Old 1st April 2014, 03:50 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Still trucking through Bravely Default. It's managed to get me more engaged and interested, but there are still moments where I just get tired of its mechanics. A good game, but tedious at times.

Old 1st April 2014, 04:04 AM
Dingpot

RWP Podcast 
I find it strange but so soothing how interesting VVVVVV is. Love it's soundtrack PPPPPP as well. Who woulda known that utilizing the building blocks of the very first video games would produce something so fun to play in today's day in age? Not MMMMMM EEEEEE.

(But honestly, I actually do have that kind of faith in games like that. I just wanted an excuse for more letters.)

Old 1st April 2014, 08:32 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Been replaying New Vegas, Skyrim, and Sleeping Dogs.

New Vegas is still great and if you disagree, I will fight you! Skyrim isn't as good. But it is still pretty fun and, they're both objectively better than Oblivion.

Sleeping Dogs is still an awesome GTA clone with Batman Arkham-style melee combat and cool gunfights and I still like it more than GTA.

Old 4th April 2014, 12:13 AM
Glowbo

Recently, in response to my poor grades, my parents have put locks on the computer. In order to access Steam, I now need three unique passwords, two of which I do not know. The one I do know allows me to open my profile, and I only learned it this year after my parents realized that the my not knowing the password was not only counterproductive in trying to get me to do my homework, but a nuisance to them. The other two I need are the administrators password and the steam password. Only my dad knows these and refuses to tell me. Since he has work I can only use Steam on the weekends and even then rarely, since he's busy a lot. Even when I'm in Steam, I can't switch games without his help, or check the achievements, since I will need the password to get back in.

I've been thinking that if I keep bothering him for the password he'll tell me what it is because he'll get fed up with putting the password in. I also can't download anything without the administrators password, and the Atari Flashback 2 and pacman thing that plugs into the tv are getting glitchy to the point that I cannot use them.

Basically, all I'm saying is that I haven't been able to play many games lately.

Old 4th April 2014, 04:04 PM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
i bought goat simulator

i still don't know why i did

but, it's fun. i licked a bolder and smashed a car with it, and then became satan.

Old 4th April 2014, 04:10 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Bravely Default is shaping up nicely now that I found out there's an auto-battle button to make grinding more efficient. It's surprising how slow getting PG is in this game, where in other Final Fantasies, gil was always readily flowing in. Gotta say I like it. And now I truly appreciate the art style. When I posted a zoomed out view of a town to miiverse, it looked exactly like a gorgeous piece of concept art.

I just hate the character models and how they look like children. It bugs me

Old 4th April 2014, 04:15 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I've been playing Pokemon Y and Goat Simulator lately. I never knew how much I wanted to be a goat until I was one, and I've just been beating the Elite Four over and over in Pokemon, trying to raise some lvls.

I also have been off and on Minecraft again now that I have my rig back. A little CastroValva, a little hunger games. I plan on getting back into Minecraft hard soon, right after I get sick of Pokemon which will probably be soon. Plus, I have Infamous Second Son's evil campaign left AND I started a new game in Viva Pinata 2. I'm setting myself up for failure here.

Old 4th April 2014, 05:11 PM
Jackjack71

So Ocarina of Time...

I posted about this in the RTT, but I'll talk about it here some more I guess. I played it 2-3 years ago for the first time, and it was alright. I heavily relied on guides to get me through not just temples, but basically everything. But now, about a week ago, I started playing through OoT for the 3DS without using any guides or online help whatsoever, and I'm having like 10x more fun playing it than I was before.

And by the way, I just finished the Water temple, and I have to say that it's not nearly as hard as I've heard people say that it is.

User Tag List