Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th August 2003, 10:36 PM
Dingpot

The DK BK connection

for those who haven't noticed, check the latest RWP update. now, with that done, speculation time.

the ice key does make sense in a troff and scoff room, seeing as they turn a key each time in a locked door, so maybe rare had a different layout for their room and instead of feeding them bananas you just give them the ice key? I've also though about one other thing... the ice key is from BK, so would it be possible that rare was planning on making one world in BK and one in DK where you swapped the characters?

*thinks hard* do the colours of each SNS egg correspond to each of the DK characters?

diddy - red
lanky - cyan
donkey kong - yellow
tiny - purple/pink (?)
chunky - green

the only one missing is dark blue, which presumably could be for banjo.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 20th August 2003, 11:11 PM
Jinjo

I never thought of the eggs like that before...

Wasn't there a rumour or summat about Rare wanting to actually have a connection between the three games... but then thougt it was stupid cause you'd have to have all three...

Roystein
est. 2001

Old 20th August 2003, 11:41 PM
Glowbo

Is it possible that sns still exists? Could there be something hidden deep inside DK? Many mumbo's pictures where added after sns was dropped...

Old 21st August 2003, 12:06 AM
Megaguiras

I just read the news and I must say that this is the most startling discovery that has happened to the RWP in years! Through the years my patience ran out for SNS, and i completely gave up on ever hoping to see SNS realized. But with this new discovery, their seems to be a renewed spark of interest inside of me and i'm sure inside us all. Their evidence is so flawless that it's incredible! Never before have I seen such a well fortified theory in banjo land. I can't even find one thing to disagree with. And i'm sure everyone has an idea of what this could lead to... I'm still not going to hold my breath, but I have faith in these guys. I'm sure they will come up with something. They always do. Even as of late, they have made several startling discoveries that have been overlooked through the years. With their experience, who knows what untold secrets they could uncover... How exciting!!!

Old 21st August 2003, 12:16 AM
Glowbo

My theory: Conker's 12 Tales was at least partially involved in SnS, until it mutated into BFD.:o

Okay, maybe not the most novel or optimistic theory, but after reading up on the DK-BK connection it crossed my mind as a distinct possibility.

Old 21st August 2003, 03:08 AM
Nick98

That was some interesting news. Just the thought of DK64 really being involved in all of this is interesting... Though I don't have any theories on it yet, I'm sure I'll begin to think of some soon enough.

Quote:
Wasn't there a rumour or summat about Rare wanting to actually have a connection between the three games... but then thougt it was stupid cause you'd have to have all three...
Well... maybe there was a rumour... But really, SnS isn't needed to beat any of the games so it isn't wrong for them to do something like that between 3 games. But it is kind of silly...

Old 21st August 2003, 03:19 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Very well done article, very well done. Even though some of it was rehashed content that was revealed/discovered before (DK picture in BK, etc.), it was nice to see everything in one place, with additional tidbits.

And, in the spirit of the BK-DK64 connection atmosphere, I bring you two old sequences of mine...

http://www.pagerealm.com/igmidi/secrets.mid

http://www.pagerealm.com/igmidi/dk64_boss_open.mid

I may re-do the 2nd one, because my source for that was a crap quality recording on a tape recorder. You may have to copy and paste the URLs to hear the songs.

Old 21st August 2003, 03:21 AM
Glowbo

Both of those pages give me a 404 error.:o

Old 21st August 2003, 03:22 AM
Dingpot

*cries* I need speakers!!!!

but really, does anyone think the eggs corresponding to the DK characters makes any sense?

Old 21st August 2003, 03:26 AM
Runaway from the Past

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyforaHead
Both of those pages give me a 404 error.:o
Gah...bastards deleted 'em.

MM: makes sense, although, as always, I still find it odd that they decided on DK64 first instead of BT, when we were told to wait for BT. I still feel cheated.

Old 21st August 2003, 03:28 AM
Nick98

Quote:
but really, does anyone think the eggs corresponding to the DK characters makes any sense?
Kind of. It makes some sense. But really, how does it help knowing(or thinking) that they correspond with one another?

Old 21st August 2003, 03:28 AM
Dingpot

does anyone remember what order those games came out in? BK DK BT? or DK BK BT?

Old 21st August 2003, 03:30 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick98
Kind of. It makes some sense. But really, how does it help knowing(or thinking) that they correspond with one another?
like I posted, it could have been that we swopped characters for a level or so or something to that degree. it can only aid in speculation I guess, but, seeing as SNS was dropped, that's all we can do except wait for BK:GR.

Old 21st August 2003, 03:30 AM
Runaway from the Past

BK - 6/30/98
DK64 - 11/23/99
BT - 11/20/00

If my memory serves me right.

Old 21st August 2003, 03:32 AM
Dingpot

I thought so, that would make sense. but, even so, they had so much time in between each project, the least they could've done is rehash them. it looks like rare was just teasing us with the SNS items in BT, when they could've at least rehashed the project between DK and BT or BK and BT.