Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > General > Almost Anything Goes > Creative Cavern

Creative Cavern We'd love to see your artwork, read your stories, or play your games. So let your creative juices go wild. Images are enabled in this forum.

Old 5th June 2018, 08:20 PM
Most Creative Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Reminiscence Rarity 
Thanks for the code, I know very little about making a decent comic theme on tumblr. I'll be trying it out later.

Old 19th June 2018, 11:00 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
idk I wanted to set gifs to music so I made this a while ago. Nobody I showed it to liked it all that much but it still makes me smile.

Old 27th June 2018, 08:03 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I started this to test some guitar tones and I don't know quite where to go with it

http://picosong.com/w9gTm/

Old 27th June 2018, 04:47 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I started this to test some guitar tones and I don't know quite where to go with it

I liked the simultaneity of the distorted + non-distorted guitars in opposing stereo channels. Something about that felt shoegazey to me... or maybe it was just the word "haze" in the title that did that for me. Anyway, that solo was nice, I like the tone on that probably best of all.

Old 30th June 2018, 07:21 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

hey this is some good stuff. Glad you're still making music!

Old 7th July 2018, 07:49 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I got a banjo! I'm just ****ing around with it!
http://picosong.com/w9p8G/

Old 11th July 2018, 06:26 AM
Brash Breegull

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1zqBFsnhQv3

Transcript:

"You know I'm gonna go crazy with this whole one day a thing thing. I guess. No matter what it is, no matter what vague interests, for the moment that I have. That can be literally anything. That can be puppets, that can be drawing, it could be animation...i don't know. There's just a creative hold that sticking on to me, I'm gonna do video as a main thing but, you can't just define yourself by what you're gonna do as a career. An artist has to do stuff and experience that they wanna do. So that's what I'm gonna do I'm gonna put myself out there. I hope people join me too. I'm not saying i'm gonna rally a whole bunch or anything but I dunno' I think it would be cool, and it doesn't have to be every day, maybe it's once a week, or once a month. I dunno' put some accountability stuff to it.

I'm seriously gonna' put myself out there. It's not something I ever really done before but I think it's important and something I really need to do.

So join me on this journey as we do one thing a day... i expect to be held accountable to this, if I don't do a thing I want someone to be like "Hey yo you didn't do anything today."

So that's where I'm at right now. I guess I'll do a little thirty second singing thing for a second. So, it's more open ended than blogging, so I'm just gonna stop babbling and I'm, just gonna feel this....

Then I do a improv sing rap thing for DAY 1

The song used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9hwjQBQFIo

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really gonna try and do this though, I'll post my one thing a day in here. If I do end up missing time the main goal is to regain focus and continue again. Remember one thing might be just some kind of 'out-there' weird thing but no matter what, I HAVE to do something.

Old 12th July 2018, 07:01 AM
Brash Breegull

Well I just spent like an hour rewriting the first draft to my bard story but it got all erased cause I'm a dummy.

Now I've only got 45 minutes until days end soooo, not gonna be doing that again tonight. Instead I'll do this

Day 2 Doing a sketchy thing

I just want to point out that it's 11:56 and I'm stopping the drawing right now. I just need to upload it now so even if I'm over it still counts

I've been toying around with this idea of a comic where Princess Daisy gets mad that she's not being included in anything so she decides to go off on an adventure to deliver a note from her father to another kingdom. Along the way she meets a tiny Toad who's afraid of literally everything, but after she helps him in a deep way he decides to follow her around to help complete her quest. This is the second time I've ever used Krita to draw digitally so that plus me not being great at drawing and needed to finish this quickly resulted in, not the best ever. But hey, I'll take it. It's progress right!? AND This is the first time I've ever considered making her coat orange instead of brown so...inside the studio n' shit.

Last edited by dragon_kazoooie; 12th July 2018 at 07:10 AM.

Old 13th July 2018, 06:55 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 3 "i really gotta start planning these out more"

I played around in Ableton for about 30 minutes but didn't end up with anything compelling so I'm just gonna write the start to a little story for today.

"I've been sitting in this corner for hours, heard the same song about four times by this point." thought a man sitting at a slot machine endlessly trying his luck to no avail. "Probably spent about a good fifty bucks too." he continued thinking. Behind him was a beautiful woman on a cheaply lit stage dancing to some kind of grungy rap tune. Two men threw dollar bills in a fantasy game of cat and mouse. Neon pink was the most popular color followed by a dark blue room labeled VIP, which most certainly had seen its fair share of debauchery. The man at the slots lit a cigar and continued to play, but focusing intently on the various noises throughout the club. This was his fifth night here, and he was no closer to solving this thing than the day he started. "Damn, this is getting me nowhere." cursing to himself. He laid his line and the fish weren't biting, until, he felt the slightest of nudges. "Was that the only broad who knew?" Whispered a man to his female companion as they pretended to playfully touch each other. "Shut up!" said the woman quietly but sternly. Hook, line, and sinker. He pulled one last tug at his luck, making sure to side-eye his target for the night. Nothing. Well, at least he came up with one win.

The man in the trench coat got up from his seat and wandered outside. It was raining but his brown coat and blue bucket hat protected from all but the harshest storms. He lit up another cigar and recalled the day this whole case got started.

It was a warm summer day in New York, he had just eaten a warm honey mustard sandwich, when a beautiful woman walked into his office. "So you solve some shit huh?" the man fumbled for words "Uh, yeah that's the idea I guess." she stared at him. "You're really Rich Croan? The guy who'll solve whatever the hell needs solving?" he blinked "Yep that would- uh just one second, who are you?" Rich responded. "I'm Silver Fox, I work down at the club on 34th, I gotta' case for you." He grabbed his pen and a pad from the drawers in his desk. "Okay tell me about it." He said ready for a petty dispute or something for a small claims court. "One of the girls turned up dead last night, her body caught some bullets, turned up at the club during one of my dances." a lump formed in her throat and she tears formed in her eyes. "She was- she was new, one of the good ones. She didn't need to be there, she was-smart y'know? She had a place and it was-it." She started to cry. Rich might have seen how upset Foxy became, if he hadn't furiously been writing every detail she mentioned into his notepad. "A case, a real actual formal case, something good. Wow this is great!" He thought excitedly.

Old 14th July 2018, 07:08 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 4 Just jumpin' around

Right now I'm fiddling around with all the ideas floating around in my head. I'm sure I'll grapple onto something more indefinitely but right now the journey is about discovery and going with whatever I'm thinking about creatively.

So this series is about a bunch of shapes that live rather simple lives until... something happens that's just way super crazy and wow! It's called Shape of View.

This particular image I just kinda drew up as a way to 'figure out who these characters are'. You have Circle, Square, and Triangle (wow so original) but they go by Circ, Skoo, and Tri respectively (again, yes very original.) I really came up with it because I've never done any kind of comic ANYTHING so I wanted extremely simple designs to get me used to it. I'm sure I'll return to this, the Daisy idea, and another (much much much more ambitious) idea in the future. ^^

Old 15th July 2018, 07:31 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 5 "Ahhh I didn't do anything"

Umm well this is awkward. I didn't do anything today. I mean I did meatspace stuff like get the dog a haircut that took 4 hours, cleaned the house, and played with some friends I haven't seen in a really long while. Also I drank whiskey, which is still gross. So yay. But now I have not a thing to show for the day. However I did develop Shape of Views a little more, I'll get to that later. So I guess I'll do a little something here.

Walking down an endless staircase
Waiting for a friend
In the corner I see your face
But continue my descent
It's too late to make this
Work towards my fate

Continue in sadness
Pass you by more frequently
Descending in madness
Can't match your frequency
I'm nailed to the stairs
Can't move
Can't do anything anymore
There you are
Out of the dark
Can't do anything anymore
Walking towards me
Flinch slightly
Don't understand

You undo the nails
You look at me with a smile
My life is in your hands
I will not fail
I was a firebrand, now I am unveiled
Need to be good, light in the dark
You are my best friend
Know it or not ~

Old 16th July 2018, 08:32 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 6 far cry 5 happened

Um yeah, hey 30 second comics, fun right?!? No, I know. It happens.

"I'm late again, yeah." But but but, nope, but, nah it's not. But is it? Idk. Who knows. Hey y'know it's still technically today. Eh, yeah. Whoo. No, but yeah I guess. (welcome to me brain :3) #please help# (naw we good) ( AHHH D: ) Naw we goooooood

Old 17th July 2018, 07:40 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 7 (hey a whole week )

The veil behind us is closing
People ahead are turning into paste
Plagues are spreading into towns
Entire cities falling to the ground
Hide my son, into the tomb you go
Do not come out, even for the most terrifying screams
They will sound like me
They will say splendid things
Make you smile
Give you happiness from the other side of this door
But please, if you do one thing for me
Do
Not
Open
It

Old 21st July 2018, 08:17 AM
Brash Breegull

Day 8 A couple days missed

It's not the worst ever though, I'm just not gonna dwell on it.

I've recently been thinking of this project that I could actually feasibly do at pretty much any point. Just gotta make the time to do it. It's called Franchise Diving.

It's basically a review show where I take a franchise and examine every piece of media it's ever been a part of, to the best of my ability. So, for instance, I'd take Mario and look at every game, tv-show, movie, music album, comic, book, etc, and see where it takes us. What's similar, what's changed? Is there a thru-line to this franchise, something that seems to keep driving it in a particular direction, or does it change itself completely over the years to seek new audiences? I think it would be a really fun project, it would just take a ton of research and note-taking.

I also want it to have a sort of ocean-side aesthetic where the different shows fit into the theme. So there'd be a Franchise Deep Dive which would be all the media in the franchise and would be a long on-going thing that would last until it was done, then maybe something like Tidepool roundup where I could look at all the things coming out or something, possibly even just a regular Diving Session would probably be like single review stuff that could help pad out the channel somewhat in between the Deep Dive stuff. I'm sure other ideas will spring but that's what I got for now.

I just did this quick little thing here to kinda show what I'm going for. Though I'd use my own picture (when I can find a day to drive to a goodwill, pick up a cheap tv, drive to the coast and snap one) this is close enough for now.

Right now I'm just trying to think of a good one to start with. Maybe not something that's been going on forever and has a billion different things associated with it. Something like Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, or Thief. Something that can help ease me into the idea a little more without getting all flustered cause there's too much media to go over y'know? If you get any ideas I'd love to hear them, I'm still very much in the workshop phase of this thing at the moment.

Last edited by dragon_kazoooie; 21st July 2018 at 08:30 AM.

Old 21st July 2018, 11:21 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
i couldn't put into words how i feel about diablo 2, specifically v1.00. so here's a diablo 2 music video of me playing a blood golem/iron maiden/corpse explosion necromancer in 1.00

the background music is an excerpt from the girl who was death by devil doll.

this character build was nerfed when the expansion came out in 2001, so it's been extinct for a very long time. but it was the most powerful and cheesy pvm build in any game ever. these three spells, and you can win the game. it's hard at some points when enemies have no melee attack, since that is required to set off the chain reaction from iron maiden/blood golem interaction. if no enemy in an area can physically hit your blood golem, you are in a bad spot.

so it's amazing to me in the difficulty variance. at most of the points in the game, it's easy as shit. but every now and then, you get into a spot where it's insanely difficult and strategic. what to do when your golem isn't getting a full heal every hit? no corpses around, no corpse explosion chain. might die then, to witch doctor endugu.

anyway, i hope you will please watch the video, a lot of shit went into it.

User Tag List