Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 10th May 2010, 04:07 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
I have a problem with Dissidia.

Dissidia results in my PSP breaking.

This is not for standard reasons.
The reason if I play Dissidia my PSP breaks is because I am the one trying to break it because it pisses me off to no end.

I have punched my PSP so that the battery goes flying out, I have bitten it and damaged the screen, I have hurled it across the room.

Another game I do this with is Street Fighter IV, however since the thing I am holding whilst playing it is the controller and not the console itself I do not attempt to destroy my 360.

Why do I get so annoyed at Dissidia? Currently my reason is Firion.
Here we have a character that can use every weapon in the game pretty much, and he can get amazing Bravery Attacks, so I can pretty much one-hit anything.
My problem is he is a ground-based melee combat person.

HIS ONLY DAMAGING ATTACK IS AN AERIAL RANGED SHOT.
This never hits, ever. So whilst I may be sat there for AGES trying to hit the opponent, and I am at this point able to deal twice their health in damage, they still kill me, because I can't do shit.
I've checked, he does get actual attacks in the end. However he has to be level 30 for that. There is no way I can get him to level 30.

That and the computer controlled characters are horribly HORRIBLY inconsistent skill-wise, so you'll be doing fine, then suddenly it'll just decide to do several unblockable attacks and kill you pretty much straight off, and this is in the low levels of the game.

Then you have defence against EX Mode attacks, why bother? It's not like the random hammering of Circle actually does anything to protect you from the pretty much instant kill attack.

And then there's the point where you just play against your own character, and the computer practically just goes, oh hello, you're doing it wrong, this is what you're meant to do and destroy you with attacks you don't have, despite being the same level as you.

I am going to sell this game, and everyone I know with a PSP is going to be horribly disappointed at me, well **** them.
It'd rather get money and not have a game than keep the game and not have a PSP.

Old 10th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I hated playing as Firion. And I totally agree with you about the EX mode attack thing. Guarding does nothing. I completely understand your frustration.

Old 11th May 2010, 12:06 AM
Glowbo

Powerlevel against Exdeath and you'll have no problem. The real problem is that you have a bunch of shitty moves at a low level AND the CPU can just rape you in 2 seconds.

Also, wait until you have to fight ****ing Chaos.

Old 11th May 2010, 12:53 AM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Trust me, you're not the only one. I really wanted to like this game, because it's square- enix, and really, it was like a fanfic writer's dream, mashing up all our favorite heroes where they interact. Simply awful, gameplay wise. You know how many times I had like 100010001001010 whatever bravery, ready to annihilate my opponent, only to have my attacks blocked every time to the point that my opponent manages to take my bravery and one hit kill me because there's no real, block button in the game.

Old 11th May 2010, 11:07 PM
Glowbo

Uh, well the dodges work quite well, and if you REALLY want to do some blocking you can always rape the AI with Exdeath.

I haven't played it in half a year cause my PSP broke, but I had plenty of fun with it. Maybe something just clicked for me? Or maybe cause I don't really like standard fighting games?

Old 12th May 2010, 01:44 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, I realize that this game has a whole lot of fans and that I'm part of the minority. I don't really like fighting games, kinda like those DragonBall Z games, because I usually just end up mashing random buttons and hope I do some awesome move.

Old 13th May 2010, 05:50 AM
Dingpot

RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I kinda gave up on this game after a while. I just don't feel the need to get every item in the game, nor level every character to 100. Zidane and Terra are my bests, both being 100 with every ability mastered. Though I'm much better with Zidane.

But yeah, this game can tick you off easily. Especially level 110 Chaos in that final Story Mode Mission. Or dare I mention Level 120-150 Challenge Course......

If you really want to level a character fast, do what derpderpderp said and fight a level 100 Exdeath. But the problem with that is, is that you need the max levels unlocked and the magic pot manual summon, NOT auto. Let him hit you unril his bravery reaches 9999 (obviously make sure he doesn't use an hp attack or he'll instantly kill you) and then copy his bravery with magic pot and kill him. Having your special day, and your chocobo course 100 lucky is a bonus.
Getting that x5 xp bonus + your special day = maximum experience. I got 78 levels once that way. If done correctly, you can get fully leveled from 1 to 100.

Old 13th May 2010, 11:03 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't beat Chaos on this. It took me about 50 tries to get his health down. I finally beat him, and I'm so excited, but HE COMES BACK!

Old 13th May 2010, 11:07 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_825 View Post
I kinda gave up on this game after a while. I just don't feel the need to get every item in the game, nor level every character to 100. Zidane and Terra are my bests, both being 100 with every ability mastered. Though I'm much better with Zidane.

But yeah, this game can tick you off easily. Especially level 110 Chaos in that final Story Mode Mission. Or dare I mention Level 120-150 Challenge Course......

If you really want to level a character fast, do what derpderpderp said and fight a level 100 Exdeath. But the problem with that is, is that you need the max levels unlocked and the magic pot manual summon, NOT auto. Let him hit you unril his bravery reaches 9999 (obviously make sure he doesn't use an hp attack or he'll instantly kill you) and then copy his bravery with magic pot and kill him. Having your special day, and your chocobo course 100 lucky is a bonus.
Getting that x5 xp bonus + your special day = maximum experience. I got 78 levels once that way. If done correctly, you can get fully leveled from 1 to 100.
So basically it's not going to happen.

User Tag List