Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th October 2016, 02:04 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I didn't know there were others. Just seen it on Facebook's news feed and decided I was bored enough to try it.

Old 8th October 2016, 04:04 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
let's get real.. even i'm only 12 but i can see that dk64 was a crepy game i meaned think about it.. frantic factory alive toys wanting to murder you and jak and the box boss, gloomy galleon dark and not meant for kids realy, creepy castle the name said it all... the ball room and atmostfear. fungy frost had elments of creeped but used your imagnatin who was it all for? what is this pl;ace? what a mystery forst. and take banjokazoie for example we see the piture of it hangs on banjos wall? its rely crepy if your think about think about it this game was not meand for us kids
grabbed for the ghoulis had DEAD BODIES in it

granted they were zombies but they were DEAD

Old 10th October 2016, 03:51 AM
Formerly Chilli

Been playing Paladins, and I have to say, at times it can be better than Overwatch. And its free.

Only when you don't have dense, 12 year old team mates who refuse to play the objective, and hide behind cover refusing to play the game properly.

Old 10th October 2016, 04:32 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
let's get real.. even i'm only 12 but i can see that dk64 was a crepy game i meaned think about it.. frantic factory alive toys wanting to murder you and jak and the box boss, gloomy galleon dark and not meant for kids realy, creepy castle the name said it all... the ball room and atmostfear. fungy frost had elments of creeped but used your imagnatin who was it all for? what is this pl;ace? what a mystery forst. and take banjokazoie for example we see the piture of it hangs on banjos wall? its rely crepy if your think about think about it this game was not meand for us kids
underrated post

Old 10th October 2016, 07:22 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Playing Fallout 4, and I'm at the virtual reality portion of Far Harbor, and I really wanna know what jerkwad thought this was a good idea. Everything about this section is aggressively unenjoyable. And dumb. I've been having so much fun this past week, picking Fallout 4 back up, and then this section comes along, and sucks.

Old 10th October 2016, 02:55 PM
30-50 feral rats 30-50 feral rats is offline 4 Highscores
formerly DemonLabRat

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Brother got me to play Sister Location. It had a narrative and everything, and it got me on edge at points so kudos to it, (though I scare easily) but from the looks of it, there's very little replay value as a result and moments just get tedious when you repeat them. Still a good one just because of how it deviated and was unique though.

Old 10th October 2016, 04:37 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
now get ready to buy dead rising 4, the incredible chapter of frank west's life where he looks like a hollywood actor

Old 12th October 2016, 07:49 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Konami Okami

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
Castlevania (Nintendo 64): a fun revisit last night - this game is criminally underrated and gets better with every playthrough

4/5

All-Star Baseball 2000 (Nintendo 64): i made an outfielder named Fred Durst and put him on the Reds

in all honestly this is probably my favorite baseball game, and with the indians in the ALCS you better believe it's in my rotation

4/5

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

Old 13th October 2016, 02:27 AM
Custom Astronaut

You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 
playin dkc for the first time. it's pretty neato

Old 13th October 2016, 02:55 AM
Formerly Chilli

I love the Overwatch Halloween update. Makes me miss when TF2 did fun updates...

Old 13th October 2016, 04:29 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team on hard mode. I replayed and beat the entirety of Superstar Saga in the time it took me to do a fraction of Dream Team, and now I'm replaying Partners in Time. I'm considering giving up entirely for one reason: giant battles. These are basically terribly not-fun minigames that can go on for ten minutes or more, and they force awful touch screen and gyro controls on you. They aren't dependent on anything else in the game, they aren't influenced by stats or the correct timing of button presses or items or anything. They're awful on normal mode, infuriating on hard mode, and I hate them.

okay, as an aside, this also pisses me off

Apparently a Paper Mario producer said that that series moved away from RPG elements because it felt redundant with the Mario and Luigi series. The reason Mario and Luigi can't ever be Paper Mario is because they're too action-oriented. So because of the team's misinterpretation of the entire purpose of their series, they went and took the paper theme way too literally and ****ed it over. I mean, were there even any paper elements at all in the original Paper Mario? It wasn't even called Paper Mario in Japan. That was just a western riff on the aesthetic of the game. Sure, they took it and ran with it a bit more in TTYD and SPM but it was never this... quirky arts and crafts adventure series. In Japan, it was called Mario Story. It was about the story, the characters, and it reminded you of a storybook or a play, hence the opening of the first three games.

so yeah, Mario RPGs were fun while they lasted.

Old 13th October 2016, 12:06 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Konami Okami

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (SNES):

high octane co-op Beat Em Up action with an upper echelon SNES soundtrack and enough of a challenge to make it highly replayable - my brother and i have meant to buy this for years and i'm so happy to finally own it now! highly recommended to all if you have a sibling or friend you wanna play some retro games with, it's easy to learn but god damn hard to master

4.5/5

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

i had a feeling for years that i'd like this game if i played it on original console and CRT, and it turns out i was.........right! pure, mid-90s prerendered bliss, and feels a lot better to control than i remembered - the co-op is also great for the way nills and i play video games together

4/5

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Nintendo 64):

i spent way more on this than i really wanted, having never played it and only knowing the characters from their yugioh tcg incarnations, but i fell in love with it fast! it feels great to play, the areas are all vivid and fun to explore, the ost is GREAT, yae is a waifu, and the humor is self-aware and playful in the way i like

i sat and played it for about 4 or 5 straight hours after starting it up, and that's a high compliment from me because i have zero video game attention span

4.5/5

Quest 64 (Nintendo 64):

i proved this game was $11 cheaper on amazon to the local video game store and ergo got $11 off it via a price match guarantee they had that i had no idea existed. i haven't played it yet but i'm expecting the highest caliber of kusoge when i do

NA/5

i made good game purchases today i think!

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

Old 13th October 2016, 12:30 PM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Mafia 3 is pretty good, despite the negative reviews. Also, it is immensely satisfying to shoot people after hearing them say racist shit.

Old 13th October 2016, 03:46 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
There are at least some references to paper in Paper Mario 1. When he falls off castle in the beginning he sways around like paper. But yeah, rip Mario RPGs.

The more action orientation of Mario and Luigi, on top of character switching to solve puzzles, simultaneous brother control, equitable gear, and stat distribution feels different to me in comparison to paper Mario's badge customization and party switching, but I'm also a person who likes RPGs enough to care about this.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 13th October 2016 at 03:53 PM.

Old 14th October 2016, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
https://s.pacn.ws/640/PA.28795.002.jpg?o2uuov

User Tag List