Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 21st February 2005, 12:34 AM
Glowbo

Lightbulb Stop n' Swop theories

Post your theories on Stop n' Swop. I have a few theories. Well one big huge theory.

If DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie were using the memory it would have to be a bit longer memory time. If you have opened up your computer and know how to make your com go faster by changing jumpers the N64 might be able to do the same thing. If so Rare could use this jumper setting to their will but if you open your N64 warrenty will void. Meaning they would have to create a program that would do the exact same thing. Many programs can do the same thing for a computer. ex.SB Soft. But where to hide it so it's unnoticed? Well lets drop that for a second and lets review the offical RWP Theoy.

DK64 has the Icekey in it meaning it had a connection with BK. The eggs would be used for BT. Very logical. But lets look at a meaning. What the dictionary says Swap means.

Swap-Verb-To trade one thing for another.

Now lets think only in BK for a moment.
STOP at your house and do the bottles mini game. SWAP- Bottles gives you a cheat code for doing a puzzle. Meaning Stop n' Swop is only you and Botles swapping. You would get the Ice Key and the eggs under a different section beacuse the bottles mini game is secret.

You then must be thinking "What about our proof? The connections between games? What is that all for?"

Simple. Nintendo wanted Rare and some numerous companys to test the N64's memory and what it could be used for. The companies got zip including Rare but Rare had left traces for us to put together. The memory swap was for testing purposes only. Rare gave there conclusions and Nintendo made the expansion pack to erase the memory swap. In exchange it would give better graphics or whatever the Expansion Pack gives.

Now you probably are thinking "What about Mumbo talking about the Ice Key and the Blue and Pink eggs? Surely they were a preview of of Stop n' Swop."

Mumbo was only giving you a preview of BT and telling you what you missed an that you would need those items for BT.

Now for those that are still trying to put me down you are probably thinking "What about the DK64 and BK refrences in both beta screens and such?"

Those were merely references used to fool us.

In conclusion to my theory: We were looking at the wrong swapping and that brought us to our hard thinking. I am not saying this is SnS but it is a big theory with many thoughts put in. Plz comment and tell me if this may be the very theory. I'm not saying it is. I would very like to figure out how Bottles Revenge would be accesed. I'm still researching that.

Last edited by DarkAriesknight; 21st February 2005 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Proofreading

Old 21st February 2005, 03:06 AM
Glowbo

My theory: If understood Correctly (Your saying the Bottles Mini-games are Stop n Swop). if you think that you really are out of your mind. :d such a great theory.

Old 21st February 2005, 03:14 AM
Brash Breegull

why don't you stop bothering me and swap your game for a nice book or something?

Old 21st February 2005, 03:25 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I thought something was up when Cheato had a Stop N Swop option to buy, just goes to prove Rare enjoys screwing with gamer's heads.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Last edited by R Hunter; 21st February 2005 at 03:27 AM.

Old 21st February 2005, 03:27 AM
Fruitcake

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberen
why don't you stop bothering me and swap your game for a nice book or something?
Haha, good idea. I'm honestly getting sick of people asking the same questions over and over again, and making up all this wacked-out junk that will never work. I say Stop 'n' Swop is settled. Just go and play Banjo WITHOUT thinking about it, peeps!

Old 21st February 2005, 03:54 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz da Breegull
Just go and play Banjo WITHOUT thinking about it, peeps!
Well that would be as useful as telling a spammer to use a spell checker

Rare know we want the truth, and they haven't told us anything in 7 years. I at least like to think they can't for legal reasons, or some understandable reason other than not telling us for the sake of "We don't have to."

Even if it's a blind idea, I'm at least at ease with it

Old 21st February 2005, 09:53 PM
Glowbo

Wow. You guys can really put a person down. Anyways I got some more info and I have one thing to say to Kaz da Bregul. Who doens't think about the maybe biggest mystery in videogaming history. Now times for my other info.

Bottles son was playing with a Dk stuffed animal in BT. Going back to the fact about the Ice Key text. Where is that code located by? If anybody can answer that plz tell me.

If my theory about Stop n' Swop is correct those would be tiems recieved. But what would you do with these items? Maybe go the Cheato? Mumbo? Who knows but lets look at our Hacking resources for a moment. If you could copy the Stop n. Swop code strings and put them into BT what would you get. Probably a big error. What would you get with the Ice Key String in DK64? I can't hack with my Gs(Damn thing doesn't wanna load. all I get is a eight or some other number when I put A game with it)

You might get the game to fully load since it has traces of Ice Key. Now if we look at the Pirate Black Eye. Where can he be found in BK? Treasure Trove Cove(I think I'm right). Meaning something would be hiden in TTC. A mystery egg. Now since All I am talking about is String giving to different game what If you put only that Mystery Egg string in. Would Blackeye have a different text? Plz help me with this.

Ok. Those wern't facts but some stuff that could be looked into to. Now. What was the string that found Bottles Revenge? Can it be found in BK?

Old 22nd February 2005, 10:14 AM
Bunnycomb

The Ice Key I now believe was originally for Donkey Kong - it would have been more than likely used in the Crystal caverns level (by the way, I have no idea if it is called that, but I am assuming so, as I forget what it is actually called), and would have opened some bonus up.

The eggs, probably for Tooie. As for this "Fake mystery egg" stuff, I find it hard to believe "traps" were set. I think all were intended for use.

As for: Play BK without thinking of Stop N Swap, I myself have tried - and failed to be honest. There is something about the ice key rotating behind that visable panel that annoys me.

If you use a cheat device, do you notice how the ice key panel is in 2 halves? Mmm..

Old 22nd February 2005, 10:35 AM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
The Ice Key I now believe was originally for Donkey Kong - it would have been more than likely used in the Crystal caverns level (by the way, I have no idea if it is called that, but I am assuming so, as I forget what it is actually called), and would have opened some bonus up.
How so?

How many years before DK64 was BK made? I'm pretty sure Rareware started messing around with the Ice Key and DK64 after they had originally put it in BK.

Old 22nd February 2005, 04:34 PM
Bunnycomb

If you have read Rarewitch's "special" on it you will see why.

Old 22nd February 2005, 06:32 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
You were correct Benjo the level is called Crystal Caverns, and your theory sounds plausible but you'd think since the Ice Key was found in BK it'd be used only in that series.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 22nd February 2005, 06:35 PM
Bunnycomb

Yes, correct. But I didn't create the thoery, I read it in the special. It could be possible it was used in BT originally. I am just saying it may have been for DK, 'cause of the ice key text in DK that was discovered.

Old 22nd February 2005, 06:41 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
If you have read Rarewitch's "special" on it you will see why.
I have read it, and I still believe the key was put in BK long before DK64 was even started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comparison.JPG (6.0 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Hakey Wake; 7th March 2005 at 08:20 PM.