Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2008, 01:44 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
shweetness!!!

Old 14th August 2008, 01:52 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Kpianist View Post
I'll be having 15 levels for the game, and then thats it. I have 11, so i'll accept four more level idea's.

@pgpm10: that's fine i can wait til friday
@kingpaco: idk, i've never really liked the idea of copying off a movie. I'll take that one into consideration though.
you already have 11?
i saw the 4 you had on the front page, but what are the others?

mebecj, i liked that idea of putting characters in worlds they don't belong in, and you reminded me that we have to find some creative ways to pick on poor old gobi
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Old 14th August 2008, 02:52 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Witchy Isle (Hub-World)
1) Layback Beach
2) Nutty Farm
3) Icyrock Cavern
4) Honeybee Mountain
5) Banjo-Universe
6) Conker World (Beta Name)
7) Mumbo Jumbo Jungle (or Mumbo's Jungle)
8) Candy Level (Beta Name/Pending Level)
9) Tectonic Temple
10) Grimo's Gulf
11) Castle level

Will the castle be medieval, creepy, how should the atmosphere be for that one? I'd love a creepy one (because i love writing creepy/spooky songs )

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 14th August 2008 at 02:55 AM.

Old 14th August 2008, 03:04 AM
Jinjo

Make it a Creepy Castle-esque level

Old 14th August 2008, 03:11 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Just one question: What will be used for the 3D models? I'd like to know because we could have compatibility problems later.

Also: I won't have computer until saturday (I actually have a part time job and I have to pay for my own new video card, and I'm not getting paid 'till friday afternoon, about 6:00 PM, and my parents have to attend a business meeting or something at that time, so they can't take me to buy a new one)

Old 14th August 2008, 03:15 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
be back later to discuss more

Old 14th August 2008, 03:19 AM
Clanker

RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebecj View Post
I make them in Wings3d, but I can export them to blender and use blender2crystal.
Lemme check what models the program can read...

EDIT: Okay, good, the program can read that. You wouldn't believe how many compatibility issues I've had with models

Old 14th August 2008, 03:33 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebecj View Post
They made blender2crystal. It exports the files to I format crystal space can read.

EDIT: Just to be safe, check if it can read .obj or .x files.
Ugh can't find where to find what file types it can read, I'll keep looking.

Couldn't really find out what it can read, but found this. Some tips on how to export stuff (I think )

Last edited by pgpm10; 14th August 2008 at 03:37 AM.

Old 14th August 2008, 03:38 AM
Dingpot

If you're looking for someone who can do landscapes, then I might be able to help you in that department, though you'll need to tell me what kind of polygon count you're looking for (BK/BT or N&B numbers). This is something I'm doing for a Zelda project. It's obviously incomplete, but it's just to give you an idea of my work.

Old 14th August 2008, 03:41 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
T-H, that is great. What program do you use?

Old 14th August 2008, 03:45 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee-Hee View Post
If you're looking for someone who can do landscapes, then I might be able to help you in that department, though you'll need to tell me what kind of polygon count you're looking for (BK/BT or N&B numbers). This is something I'm doing for a Zelda project. It's obviously incomplete, but it's just to give you an idea of my work.
Wow, pretty cool. Hopefully whatever you use is compatible with Crystal Space (you can always export though)

Old 14th August 2008, 04:10 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Kpianist View Post
Will the castle be medieval, creepy, how should the atmosphere be for that one? I'd love a creepy one (because i love writing creepy/spooky songs )
i designed my original castle idea with more of a medieval feel to it
i will see if i can draw up some pics in a little while to show you what i meen
if you want a more spooky feel to it feel free to do so, but i think the medieval one is a bit more fresh since there have already been plenty of spooky levels in 3D platformers (BK, Mario 64, DK 64 among others)
and if the castle doesn't turn up with a spooky theme, i am sure we can do something to put one in anyways
its your call on this one

by the way, i don't know who did it off the top of my head, but one of the contest entries was of a child's playroom, which i think would work wonders in a game like this, just an idea though

and a name suggestion for the candy level: Bubble Gum Drop Hills or Gum Drop Hills

i am starting to get real excited about this

and that pic looks really good Tee-Hee
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Old 14th August 2008, 04:50 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Tee-Hee! YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!!! That's seriously awesome. of course that's a bit N64 esque, but its still a great way to map out what the levels will look like before the final! Thank you for that

And I've been thinking about Ballistic Bedroom suggested by BanjoBoy123. I was thinking about replacing Tick-Tock Clouds with that one, and the music i wrote is CCL esque, so it'd fit perfect.

Kingpaco, If i have to do a medieval theme, i need some inspiration. I have some idea's for it, but there'll definitely be a spooky area Maybe a deserted church/graveyard in the back of the castle or something. I'll try drawing some pics as well.

I'm so glad this project is starting to pick up! I really thank all of you for your support

Old 14th August 2008, 05:27 AM
Jinjo

I think there should be a Grunty level!. Statues of her all over the place. Her childhood, the weight that were dropped on her 2 sisters, a destroyed Hag 1 and broomstick, etc.! B.O.B.! Klungo portraits. Grunty's house commplete with family portrait! Things that Brentilda told us actually coming to life! this could be the last level before the fight?

I call it...

Grunty Galore
or
Winkybunion Wonder
or
Grimey Green Grotto / Green Grime Grotto

haha, you like??

Old 14th August 2008, 05:30 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
OOOOoooh! That sounds like fun! I could do a cool mix of her themes, and the world would look awesome. And it fits, since she has power of the worlds too! Love it! It could be called "Winkybunion World" or something

I like it, thanks Oh, and Grunty's House is Mad Monster Mansion

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 14th August 2008 at 05:45 AM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List