Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 29th August 2008, 01:44 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I think that Advent has something to with BK-DK64 connection...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 29th August 2008 at 01:47 PM.

Old 29th August 2008, 01:53 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Highly possible.

Old 29th August 2008, 01:56 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
DK64 released in November 1999...during Advent Event
Fungi Forest is in Dk64.There is ice key 1/1 text.FF lobby plays music similiar to Advent.
In BK there is big ? star that looks like entrance...

Old 29th August 2008, 02:07 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
It all SEEMS to add up... But i really am not sure.

The picture it's based upon is the same picture in Boggys Igloo of banjo and kazooie in an icy level which appears to be an night or twilight...

Old 29th August 2008, 05:54 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
You know, I hadn't really listened to the Advent track in a while so I had assumed it sounded similar to the tune when you unlock a world. On second thought, it sounds more like a tune that would have been used for the Stop N Swop areas.

More likely, I think it may have been used in the area where you grab the ice-key(the only area that existed), back when Bk and Dk64 were linked through Stop N Swop.

I think they changed it after adding the eggs, and creating different versions of the tracks.

Old 29th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Glowbo

I think Advent is exactly along the lines of Rain Dance (became leftover unused music, but got used in the sequel). Isn't the first 10 or so seconds of Advent played in Banjo-Tooie (like, right after Banjo's house is destroyed and before Banjo, Kazooie and Mumbo notice Bottles is dead)? Been a while since I heard the tune though, so I could be wrong.

Last edited by Giro Guy; 29th August 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Old 29th August 2008, 06:53 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles
A lot of us know the Advent track as the beta Fungus Forest level soundtrack which was unfinished, I see this is unlikely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
So:
It is NOT Fungus Forest

I've never understood why people were so adamant about this and other "facts." If you go on YouTube, you can find a beta video that shows a biological version of Clanker with the "Fungi Forest" theme from DK64 playing in the background.

(video, @ 1:10)

You could easily make a stronger case that Fungus Forest = Clanker's Cavern, whether or not that was really true. So the advent song was just some other ordinary BK song that was cut from the game.

Old 29th August 2008, 07:09 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
^Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo PL
When you write "Advent" in Nemu64 then you will have ADVENT RACE.
This is just for information.
It's actually Advent, and then Race.

Anyways, my theory on what happened with Clankers Cavern. It was originally fungus forest, before they realized that one "forest" level was enough. So instead of scrapping the whole level, they changed the theme to a mechanical Cavern area. They then used ideas for Fungus Forest(including it's original music) in Donkey Kong 64. How does that sound?

As for advent, same thing I mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giro
Isn't the first 10 or so seconds of Advent played in Banjo-Tooie (like, right after Banjo's house is destroyed and before Banjo, Kazooie and Mumbo notice Bottles is dead)? Been a while since I heard the tune though, so I could be wrong.
Something similar I think, which brings up a good point. That duh duh duh duh...beat is used in some of rare's songs. The Stop N Swop theme sounds like Troff N Scoff, yet they have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited by runehero123; 29th August 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Tags
advent, freezeezy peak, unlocking